[Q] LiveID problem (can't link credit card)

Search This thread

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
So when i was getting my WP, Omnia 7, marketplace was not available in my country, Croatia. So i created a dummy hotmail account registered to UK, just so that i am able to access the free marketplace.

Now that marketplace has expanded, I did the hard reset and entered my real, croatian liveID as my main phone account. Only to find out when i wanted to enter my credit card, "United states" region was locked there!
After some investigation, i found that, for whatever reason (probably fault of hotmail's extraordinarily weird login system) i created my xbox live FREE account using the croatian liveID, and again, for whatever reason, my region was set to US and can not be changed.

not just that, but the xbox live account can not be deleted or moved to another liveID.

Except through xbox console. Which I do not own.

What can i do about this. if anything?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Find a friend with an Xbox 360? Yeah, I'm sorry man, it *should* be possible without a console but I can't find a way. Which is dumb, because the issue also applies to Zune players and such, but all the instructions that I can find said you had to use a console.

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
I had no idea where to look for a friend with an xbox, xbox never took off where i live. But this guy on theverge forums offered to do it. So i'll probably send my login info to him, no matter how unsecure and stupid that looks (i'm despreate).

d.a.v.o.r

Oct 7, 2010
So to anyone that might care (if anyone), it would seem this can not be solved.

The guy tried to move the xbox account to another liveID, including a new croatian and new US one, but he got an error message saying that the xbox account is newer than 30 days. Which is not true, since it's older than a year.

That's it. Good thing that i windowbreaked. If they don't want my business, so be it.