[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES][GALAXYSMTD]

Search This thread

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hm.... MacKay ain't slim and fast at all. Slim and fast is CyanAOSP - ist faster and more stable than it?

This not Mackay but Nameless :)

Anyway, Nameless is not slim. It is designed to be a full-featured ROM. If you want lean&mean, I would recommend SlimKat. But for a smooth experience on your phone, ICS is much better than any kitkat ROM.

Reactions: xkons and UNHleaSHD

UNHleaSHD

Sep 3, 2013
Bucuresti
Ok. Thank you!

But CyanAOSP includes all of those things. Stable, slim, and very fast.

Maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for giving me explanations!

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Umm, the kernel is a little messed up in the latest builds. SD Card is unmounted (Internal) in stock kernel and other kernels

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT, sent from my i9000

ioannis_m

Nov 18, 2013
Downloading new nightly now from updater!:good:

Just installed the rom yesterday and it is smooth and stable comparing other roms i tried!:victory:

Only thing missing Is more memory and i want to ask if i can patch the rom or install another kernel with cma?:confused:

EDIT:problem during boot after update.There is a message regarding root issues and if i want to root the phone (yes /no ) i pressed yes and the new animation is something like bubbles and very laggy at startup.???FIXED WITH OTHER BOOT ANIMATION but root access question still persists.

edit2:Everytime I get into recovery and then have to boot it always asks about rooting the device because root access is propably lost.Is it normal?

Last edited:

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
Downloading new nightly now from updater!:good:

Just installed the rom yesterday and it is smooth and stable comparing other roms i tried!:victory:

Only thing missing Is more memory and i want to ask if i can patch the rom or install another kernel with cma?:confused:

EDIT:problem during boot after update.There is a message regarding root issues and if i want to root the phone (yes /no ) i pressed yes and the new animation is something like bubbles and very laggy at startup.???FIXED WITH OTHER BOOT ANIMATION but root access question still persists.

edit2:Everytime I get into recovery and then have to boot it always asks about rooting the device because root access is propably lost.Is it normal?

Agreed. The updater is useless for the i9000 as the bootanimation is still causing problems.
I had the same issue with 'fix root' It didn't seem to cause any problems though. In my opinion it's currently the best Rom available for our phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Luqiiiii

Jan 3, 2014
Hello,

last night i installed nameless rom in my Galaxy S (M110S) with kitkat patchtool. Everything is working fine except my internal memory. my internal memory folder (/Storage/Sdcard0) changed into (/mnt/secure/asec)
how can i fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

What is NamelessROM ?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own. See the screenshots in the 3rd post, and visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @jakew02, @Evisceration or @jumoog for information

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */
    Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
    NamelessROM Forums

NamelessROM IRC
    Or from your IRC client:
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
    Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!​

Contributions and Credit
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • AOKP
    • SlimROMs
    • AOSPA
    • Android/Google/AOSP
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES][GALAXYSMTD], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    kasper_h

Version Information

Created 2014-03-08
    Last Updated 2014-03-08
    I became member of the nameless core team and now start working on improving this ROM for the galaxy s (I also maintain N5/hammerhead).

If there are device specific questions/issues, please let me know!
    OK guys, there is some more serious issue with this ROM. So for the time being, I removed SGS from the nightlies list of Nameless. It is not related to the kernel updates, but probably some selinux thing preventing surfaceflinger from starting. I am looking into this, but haven't found the solution.
    OK, I just updated the kernel again with another 125 patches (the other 100 or so were done last week). Kernel is now completely up-to-date with Mackay kernel. Including all OC step (1100-1200-1300-1400). So next nightly should have a lot of improvements :)
    Starting from today's nightly, the OTA updater on Galaxy S will be functional. You could use the application to receive OTA updates and directly install them.