New android 4.2 mtk6272 gear clone watch

Search This thread

Gmobilize

Oct 31, 2011
Riga
Would be interesting to see what kind of apps,system does it use ,i assume its similair to samsung's

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joshohmy

Aug 5, 2013
Guntown
It looks like you can plug a micro-usb cable directly into it without a cradle.....is that the case?

Plug it directly in the watch
Can be rooted with kingroot directly from watch with WiFi on. Military time can be changed in build prop. Use mine all day hasn't died once during the day. No input think its a build prop issue I'm no Dev but there is a lot turned off

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
Can be rooted with kingroot directly from watch with WiFi on. Military time can be changed in build prop. Use mine all day hasn't died once during the day. No input think its a build prop issue I'm no Dev but there is a lot turned off

Very cool. Does it actually have WiFi and GPS as well? And I think the site mentions a 5MP camera (as opposed the GG's 1.3MP). Can you verify this as well?

Starting to sound like the watch the GG should have been.

joshohmy

Aug 5, 2013
Guntown
Very cool. Does it actually have WiFi and GPS as well? And I think the site mentions a 5MP camera (as opposed the GG's 1.3MP). Can you verify this as well?

Starting to sound like the watch the GG should have been.

Took this pic today, GPS works for this tracker app only use I fount. WiFi works great. Chrome works good input is on phone though need a Dev to get ahold of this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403040355022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403040355022.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 235

coolkid893

Apr 8, 2010

i changes time format from 24 to 12 it made watch boot loop any ideas??

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
this is the Mimi W2, right?

http://www.mimi-hk.com/product.php?id_product=23&id_lang=1

seems to me this is more of a U8 clone, it has the same mic/speaker implementation (phone audio is always on the speaker of the watch, you have to switch manually)

also, the Smartwatch2A.apk that can be downloaded for notifications looks/works exactly like BTNotifier that comes with the U8

and one of the U8 firmware updates changed the icons from black/white to color...

Last edited:

joshohmy

Aug 5, 2013
Guntown
adb wipe data and cache try searching for mtk tools a few people have this exact issue. I dont think there is a fix out right now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Any update on this smartwatch? ROM? Anybody else using it? Can you read email text, not just notification from your phone on this watch?

The reason I'm asking because I found a similar smartwatch for $70 shipped free from GearBest now: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_70658.html - very tempted!!! MIMI W2S doesn't have camera, uses your phones camera for remote, but everything else is similar and very Gear-like :)

Nedyar

Nov 3, 2010
Any update on this smartwatch? ROM? Anybody else using it? Can you read email text, not just notification from your phone on this watch?

The reason I'm asking because I found a similar smartwatch for $70 shipped free from GearBest now: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_70658.html - very tempted!!! MIMI W2S doesn't have camera, uses your phones camera for remote, but everything else is similar and very Gear-like :)

And it doesn't have Android.