[APP] KD-Font [v1.2.4] [URGENT UPDATE] [11/26/10] [151 FONTS!!!]

Search This thread

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
KD-Font v1.2.4

So you're looking for something to give your phone a fresh look, right? But you don't want to spend a ton of time learning how to do something super simple... You've come to the right place!

KD-Font allows you to change the fonts on your Windows Mobile device, within a matter of seconds. And you don't have to take time to even learn how to use the app! Just jump into the library, pick a font you like, tap "Apply", and watch the magic happen. The app will download any font(s) you choose from a remote server, apply the fonts, and then leave you to enjoy the results! Looking to customize the experience a bit? Check out the "Library Settings" to fine tune KD-Font to your liking.

The server-based library allows you to have constant access to an ever-growing collection of fonts to choose from! Since the library is server-based, you also won't have a ton of space being taken up on your device for font files you'll never use. And if you do want to save the files, just make sure to turn the option on in the "Library Settings". Then you can switch back and forth between your favorite fonts without waiting for a download.

You can choose to apply fonts to the entire device, specifically the Windows Mobile OS, or specifically the HTC Sense (TF3d) UI! You can even apply different fonts to WM and Sense if you want!

Heard enough? Download the CAB below, install it on your device, and then go for it!

Looking to spice things up just a little? Check out Post #2 for a collection of KD-Font icons, userbars, and other goodies!

Still have questions? Jump to Post #3 for an up-to-date FAQ with some answers to spcific questions asked by KD-Font users.

Now for the technical stuff...

CHANGELOG

v1.2.4 (11/26/10) (DL Count: 32)
Bug Fixes
- Fixes Library Update bug

v1.2.3 (11/17/10) (DL Count: 618)
Program Updates
- Updated server information
- Changed server address update method

v1.2.2 (09/14/10) (DL Count: 4,025)
Program Updates
- Allow user to restore default fonts, even if it appears they are already current
Bug Fixes
- Fixed error handling during font application

v1.2.1 (09/10/10) (DL Count: 360)
Bug Fixes
- App no longer crashes when attempting to update the library without a data connection

v1.2 (09/09/10) (DL Count: 140)
UI Improvements
- Font Download/Application Progress form added
- Sort library by category function added
- Search Library function added
- Help/FAQ Added
- Upgraded "About" Screen
Program Updates
- Added support for additional ROMs
- Upgraded Error Handling - No more error codes
- Optimized font application process - "Defaults" *.CAB no longer necessary
- Settings can now be saved during program updates
Library Settings
- Enable/Disable Font Storage
- Enable/Disable Diacritic Filter
- Enable/Disable Category Sorting
- Clear Local Previews

v1.1.1 (08/10/10)(DL Count: 1,393
Library Settings
- Enable/Disable Preview Download
- Quick "Download Previews"
Bug Fixes
- App should now cook properly into ROMs
- Uninstallation now removes entire application directory properly

v1.1 (07/25/10)(DL Count: 751)
FONTS
- (5) Fonts in the Base Library
- Extended Library Available
Library Settings
- Library Update Method
- Quick "Update Library"
- Clear Local Library
Program updates OTA (over-the-air)

v1.0 (07/07/10)(DL Count: 2,327)
FONTS
- Bank Gothic
- Bradley Hand ITC
- Calibri
- Cataneo BT
- Comic Sans
- Copperplate Gothic
- Lucida Calligraphy
- Magneto
- Nyala
- Old English Text MT
UI
- Sense SDK
- Finger-friendly Swipe Navigation
- Font Previews
SETTINGS
- Application Method
- Soft Reset Method
- Device Text Size
Quick “Restore Default Fonts”
Quick “Soft Reset”

Check out this review of KD-Font by YourMobileBlog.com​

Never required, but always appreciated!

Attachments

• KDFont.CAB
    5.6 MB · Views: 10,253
Last edited:

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
KD-Font EXTRAS

Icons

KDFIcon-GTX.png
GTX - Thanks to kroewe (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Blue.png
iReflect Blue - Thanks to Sharkie405 (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Gray.png
iReflect Gray - Thanks to WFG (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Transparent.png
Default Icon

Userbar

KD-Font_UB.png

Hosting URL
http://gallery.vbnfiles.com/kliptik/images/KD-Font_UB.png

Special Thanks To:
The KD-Font BETA Team
eboelzner - Sense SDK
v-b-n - VBNFiles Server

Screenshots

Screen01.png
Screen02.png
Screen03.png
Screen04.png

Screen05.png
Screen06.png
Screen07.png
Screen08.png

Screen09.png
Screen10.png
Screen11.png
Screen12.png

Last edited:

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
KD-Font FAQ

KD-Font FAQ
PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING/POSTING
Q: What are the system requirements for KD-Font?
1) WM6 or higher (6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X)
2) .NETCF 3.5

Q: Is KD-Font uninstallable?
A: Yes. KD-Font can be uninstalled via “Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs”. This will remove the app, and restore the default fonts to the device.

Q: Can I install KD-Font to my SD card?
A: YES!

Q: Can I apply different fonts to WM and/or Sense (TF3D)?

Q: Will this work on any build of Sense/TF3D?
A: KD-Font should change the font for any build of Sense/TF3D. If you experience issues with fonts not changing appropriately, please PM me with details.

Q: I can’t see all of the text in certain areas. What happened?
A: Depending on the font(s) you have applied, you may notice visual differences in the amount of text that displays in a given area. This is due to the fact that each font style has different size characters. For example, the “A” character for the Bank Gothic font is much larger than the “A” character in the Calibri font. Before changing the font, try adjusting the “Text Size” settings on the device. If it still does not suit your visual needs, just apply a different font.

Q: Where is my favorite font?
A: The (5) most popular fonts are included in the application. You can use the "Update Library" function to access the extended server-based font library.

Q: Are you taking font requests?

Q: Where can I get ideas for font requests?
A: HERE. There are a TON of fonts on this site, and you can search by title, genre, theme, movie, etc.

Q: How do I submit a font request?
A: PM me with the following:
1) Font Title
2) .TTF files for the font (if possible)
3) If #2 is not available, a link to download or preview the font
NOTE: The more information/resources provided, the less time it will take to fulfill the request.

Q: Can I use my own *.TTF files with KD-Font?
A: No. The *.TTF files have to be modified before they will apply properly, and these modifications cannot be made at runtime. If you would like a specific font, please submit a request.

Q: Where/how do I report errors?
A: Please report any errors in this thread. Myself, BETA Team Members, and other users may be able to help with your issue. When reporting an error, please include the following:
- Error Code (if applicable)
- Device
- Screen Resolution
- WM OS Version (6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X, etc.)
- Sense(TF3D) Build (2.1, 2.5, etc.)
- ROM
- Brief description of the context of the error, and the steps leading up to the error

Last edited:
Reactions: sharkie405

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
sounds great ... will you be able to change the colour of the font ?

at this point, you wont be able to change the font color, as that is controlled by an array of different files for different areas of the OS/UI. once we're further along with the initial release, we can start digging into the process of changing font color.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, and we're very close to public release!!!

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
Would it be possible if you could add the Nokia Sans font? I really like that font lol.

the7thson

Sep 20, 2008
Denver, CO
Looks awesome, I've been waiting for something like this!!

I have a font request - Neuropol. Sending all requested info via PM.

kliptik

Apr 22, 2009
Austin, TX
Here we go!!! KD-Font is now available for public release!

Check out Post #1 for updated screenshots and downlaod, and Post #2 for updated FAQ!!!

Enjoy!!!

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Thank you for the fast response and the download link. This will be tested and a report comes later.

EDIT 1:
Another font is very interesting: Lucida Handwriting

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
cheers kliptik,
thanx for release
ive posted a question over at ppc
Can you alter the top taskbar or can't it be done on this version ??
Many thanx again

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Sweeet!
Could have done with this a few weeks ago when I got stuck with a font I couldnt shift......
Nice work :D

dio62000

Jan 16, 2009
Beautiful! Thanks!

Selecting fonts gives an error code (W01, DW02 etc.), but when I click 'ok' the fonts install anyway :) (for Sense that is, not WM)

- Error Code: W01, D W02 when selecting a font
- Device: HTC HD2
- WM OS Version : 6.5
- ROM: 1.66 stock ROM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KD-Font v1.2.4

So you're looking for something to give your phone a fresh look, right? But you don't want to spend a ton of time learning how to do something super simple... You've come to the right place!

KD-Font allows you to change the fonts on your Windows Mobile device, within a matter of seconds. And you don't have to take time to even learn how to use the app! Just jump into the library, pick a font you like, tap "Apply", and watch the magic happen. The app will download any font(s) you choose from a remote server, apply the fonts, and then leave you to enjoy the results! Looking to customize the experience a bit? Check out the "Library Settings" to fine tune KD-Font to your liking.

The server-based library allows you to have constant access to an ever-growing collection of fonts to choose from! Since the library is server-based, you also won't have a ton of space being taken up on your device for font files you'll never use. And if you do want to save the files, just make sure to turn the option on in the "Library Settings". Then you can switch back and forth between your favorite fonts without waiting for a download.

You can choose to apply fonts to the entire device, specifically the Windows Mobile OS, or specifically the HTC Sense (TF3d) UI! You can even apply different fonts to WM and Sense if you want!

Heard enough? Download the CAB below, install it on your device, and then go for it!

Looking to spice things up just a little? Check out Post #2 for a collection of KD-Font icons, userbars, and other goodies!

Still have questions? Jump to Post #3 for an up-to-date FAQ with some answers to spcific questions asked by KD-Font users.

Now for the technical stuff...

CHANGELOG

v1.2.4 (11/26/10) (DL Count: 32)
    Bug Fixes
    - Fixes Library Update bug

v1.2.3 (11/17/10) (DL Count: 618)
    Program Updates
    - Updated server information
    - Changed server address update method

v1.2.2 (09/14/10) (DL Count: 4,025)
    Program Updates
    - Allow user to restore default fonts, even if it appears they are already current
    Bug Fixes
    - Fixed error handling during font application

v1.2.1 (09/10/10) (DL Count: 360)
    Bug Fixes
    - App no longer crashes when attempting to update the library without a data connection

v1.2 (09/09/10) (DL Count: 140)
    UI Improvements
    - Font Download/Application Progress form added
    - Sort library by category function added
    - Search Library function added
    - Help/FAQ Added
    - Upgraded "About" Screen
    Program Updates
    - Added support for additional ROMs
    - Upgraded Error Handling - No more error codes
    - Optimized font application process - "Defaults" *.CAB no longer necessary
    - Settings can now be saved during program updates
    Library Settings
    - Enable/Disable Font Storage
    - Enable/Disable Diacritic Filter
    - Enable/Disable Category Sorting
    - Clear Local Previews

v1.1.1 (08/10/10)(DL Count: 1,393
    Library Settings
    - Enable/Disable Preview Download
    - Quick "Download Previews"
    Bug Fixes
    - App should now cook properly into ROMs
    - Uninstallation now removes entire application directory properly

v1.1 (07/25/10)(DL Count: 751)
    FONTS
    - (5) Fonts in the Base Library
    - Extended Library Available
    Library Settings
    - Library Update Method
    - Quick "Update Library"
    - Clear Local Library
    Program updates OTA (over-the-air)

v1.0 (07/07/10)(DL Count: 2,327)
    FONTS
    - Bank Gothic
    - Bradley Hand ITC
    - Calibri
    - Cataneo BT
    - Comic Sans
    - Copperplate Gothic
    - Lucida Calligraphy
    - Magneto
    - Nyala
    - Old English Text MT
    UI
    - Sense SDK
    - Finger-friendly Swipe Navigation
    - Font Previews
    SETTINGS
    - Application Method
    - Soft Reset Method
    - Device Text Size
    Quick “Restore Default Fonts”
    Quick “Soft Reset”

Check out this review of KD-Font by YourMobileBlog.com​

Never required, but always appreciated!

Hi everyone!!!

I apologize for the servers being down!!! I have been in the hospital for the last several days for the birth of my son, so I wasn't able to manage the server when it went down. I will be more on top of this in the future, so the issue shouldn't arise again.

On another note, I do greatly appreciate the people willing to step forward to try and find a fix/workaround for the problem. However, I would kindly ask that any workarounds NOT be shared for several reasons:

1) I have made several changes to the way the data files are read and used in the more recent version of the app, and data files from older versions may cause major problems in the app. I would rather any issues be addressed directly to me, that way other users don't run into problems trying to use a workaround.
    2) Several of the fonts that I have included in the app are licensed fonts, and I have had to pay for those licenses, and the authors would not appreciate those fonts being altered or distributed by anyone who did not pay for the license.

There is an option within the app to keep all fonts stored for future use, and to clear the cache as necessary. Also, the app functions perfectly well when installed to the SD card, so that your library will be saved after flashing new ROMs.

Thanks to everyone for your patience!!!!
    KD-Font EXTRAS

Icons

KDFIcon-GTX.png
    GTX - Thanks to kroewe (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Blue.png
    iReflect Blue - Thanks to Sharkie405 (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Gray.png
    iReflect Gray - Thanks to WFG (@ PPCG)

KDFIcon-Transparent.png
    Default Icon

Userbar

KD-Font_UB.png

Hosting URL
    http://gallery.vbnfiles.com/kliptik/images/KD-Font_UB.png

Special Thanks To:
    The KD-Font BETA Team
    eboelzner - Sense SDK
    v-b-n - VBNFiles Server

Screenshots

Screen01.png
    Screen02.png
    Screen03.png
    Screen04.png

Screen05.png
    Screen06.png
    Screen07.png
    Screen08.png

Screen09.png
    Screen10.png
    Screen11.png
    Screen12.png
    Ok - so after hunting around I found another even older storage card backup and there's more KDFont files on there. Not sure which fonts, since they all have 4 digit names and don't view properly in a font explorer, but there's a bunch of them.
    Keep in mind that only the fonts in the font folder will work. So if they aren't the ones you use KDFont will still try to connect to the server, and if it's not working, it still won't work.

There's an 8mb limit for zip files so I had to split the fonts up into 3 folders.

You need all three zip folders I think, since the fonts are all mixed up in all three.

I'll also add a font preview folder and the data.xml I found earlier each zipped separately.
    Let me know what fonts are missing and we can try to find them somewhere else or maybe Kliptik will show up and give us all the fonts.

[Edit] Removed attached files per developer request.
    hello.. I recently installed KDFont on my previous ROM, on Storage Card.. I've stored Segoe UI font there..
    After reflashing a new ROM, installed KDFont again in the Storage Card again.. I know that the font file is still there, but the data.xml replaced by a new fresh file from installation..
    KDFont server seems to be down these 2 days.. Can I have the complete (library already updated) Data.XML? so that I can install Segoe UI font without connecting to the server.. Friends, please help, send me your complete Data.XML :)
    Thanks!

+1 for that. I came to check on info about the server when I flashed a new ROM as well.
    It seems as though the server is down quite a bit lately. Lot's of us have the font files, I never thought of overwriting the library data.xml. I'm going to hunt around and see if I have an old one.

[Edit] Found an old one from December. It seems to work fine for the fonts I use. Great idea you had.
    I'll try to upload the file, never did that before.
    Had to zip it because xda doesn't allow uploading xml files.

[EDIT] Removed attached file per developer request.