[Q] lost my storage after update to 4.4.3

Search This thread

mkhp70

Apr 17, 2012
Hi, I have a Nexus 7 2012 32 GB. Today I updated to 4.4.3 but after update only 6.02 GB of 32 GB is shown on storage.
What should I do?

Screenshot_2014-06-04-22-46-16.png

Letitride

Hi, I have a Nexus 7 2012 32 GB. Today I updated to 4.4.3 but after update only 6.02 GB of 32 GB is shown on storage. What should I do? ,,,
First, a bit more details - is yours rooted/unlocked, what was running before & using custom recovery (latest CWM or TWRP) ? Did you do a Factory Reset after backing up user files & data? Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache and Factory Reset/Wipe?

Reboot into Custom Recovery, wipe dalvik cache & cache first, then reset & check your storage again?

Post your steps, results & we will go from there.

Last edited:

mkhp70

Apr 17, 2012
rooted/unlock/TWRP 2.6 / I did factory reset after backing up user files & data but I didnt Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache

updating through the factory image with nexus toolkit

now i do wipe dalvik cache and cache and full wipe but not fix

Last edited:

iBolski

Something is seriously messed up if all it's telling you you have is 6gb of internal storage. If you have a 32gb like me, then it should show around 27 to 28 gb storage (mine is the 2012 WiFi version of N7).

Something got seriously borked during the upgrade.

My question is, did you get an OTA and do it that way or did you download the full image from Google and then flashed it that way?

Letitride

Something isn't right? I'm afraid that you need to start al over - learn ADB and forget about those Toolkit(s) unless that are specific & updated for 4.4.3 compliance. Mine is a 2012 WiFi model with 32 GB, internal storage/total space is 27.58 GB and even with apps & pix, video, etc. on the SDcard, and Apps taking up space, I have 19.1GB available.

First, might I suggest that you upgrade/try the newest recovery - either CWM or TWRP (using 6.0.4.5 on mine) to install - doing a full wipe & factory reset is best way/recommended AND yes, time-consuming, but you get it "right" almost every time - wipe three (3) times each - dalvik cache, cache and factory reset/full wipe. Then, re-flash your factory rom/image file - be patient, as it will take 5 to 10 minutes for it to finish, take a break or whatever. When it's done & without error/abort message, reboot the device & let it settle for a little while after configuring WiFi as those download Apps and update could take a while if your mobile data plan is limited. Personally, I'm "biased" toward TWRP and I don't have to deal with MD5 check/error message that pop out of nowhere with CWM. :cyclops:

If everything works as planned, you will be shown the Setup Menu to configure - profit & enjoy, check the storage size (you can see what's taking up the space) then, restore your Google Account with the Apps, and reboot when finished.

Good luck & let us know your progress or results.

blasterrr

Aug 13, 2012
Athens, GA
rooted/unlock/TWRP 2.6 / I did factory reset after backing up user files & data but I didnt Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache

updating through the factory image with nexus toolkit

now i do wipe dalvik cache and cache and full wipe but not fix

At the last step the toolkit shows you a message that talks about this issue. I can't remember what it exactly says. But it tells you what to do incase of lost storage. Either reflash using toolkit and read the prompt about lost storage or search the Web about this message from toolkit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app