Greenfly question

Search This thread

chrisnewton

Feb 5, 2012
Hi all

Just downloaded greenfly on my none rooted nexus 5, seems to work fine however when I select my apps to hibernate then click the button to hibernate them all its ok, but if I go back on my phone and press hibernate again it always re does Facebook and Facebook messenger even if I have not opened them since.

It's like they have reopened themselves.

Any reason for this? It does not do it all the time just at random times.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
you are new to android? apps open themselves is the norn, especially terribly written apps like facebook. its designed to open by itself and work in the background. if you kill it, itll just reopen. facebook creates wakelocks that will wake it whenever it wants. you dont like it? root your device, install the disable services app, block facebooks capabilities from constantly waking itself and your device. remembered, with linux, its considered that not used up ram is a waste of ram.

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
This is one of the reasons why I use the web broswer instead of the app.

Did you enable the service in accessibility?.
As above Apps will wake up the device, if the service is running it should do that automatically,

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
This is one of the reasons reasons why I use the web broswer instead of the app.

Did you enable the service in accessibility?.
As above Apps will wake up the device if the service is running greenify should do that automatically,

that's exactly why i only use the browser for facebook! well, that snd facebook seriously draining battery when i didnt open it for a month. its been 3 years since i uninstalled the facebook app. all my devices thank me for it, or for never installing facebook :)

D

Darth

All of the above! Terrible app. My wife has my Moto X now...nothing at all has changed setup wise, and she brought it from 6 to 7 hours screen time, to 4. All....because....of....Facebook.... App.

Terrible!