[RECOVERY] Samsung Exhibit 4G FIX SOFT BRICK!

Search This thread

DeathW1SH

Sep 14, 2011
Boise, ID
*****Note:****** I am not responsible that you bricked your device, because your the one who did it. Therefore these are steps gathered from others threads and i do not claim ownership of any of these files.*

UNBRICK SAMSUNG EXHIBIT 4G
I'd like to post my steps that i took to unbrick my Samsung exhibit 4G when i being stupid and excited about rooting it flashed CWM using ROM manager for one of the nexus 4g version and rebooted device and got soft brick screen. Hope its helps some of you guys out like it did for me.

Requirements:
-ODIN
-TMO_T759_ADB_Tether_Drivers
-IZark
-Attached file "Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3"
-Soft bricked Samsung Exhibit 4G

Guide:
Step 1: Download stock kernel zip "Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3" from below these steps.

Step 2: Download program IZark (i used version 4.1.6) and install program to computer. (Search Google for program download)

Step 3. Open IZark program then open file "Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3"

Step 4. click "tools" then click "convert archive" then change the output file location and file name looks like this
(Documents\location on computer\zImage.tar)
*Ensure the name of the file will be "zImage.tar"

Step 5. Make sure the output type is TAR (.tar) and then press OK
i left "integrity" check "on"

Step 6. Put device in download mode by powering device off, then press and hold volume + and - press and then plug into computer
*ODIN should detect the device*

Step 7. Using odin flashed new zImage.tar file using PDA button

Step 8. Odin will complete and then reboot your device into stock recovery then choose reboot system now and device will HOPEFULLY reboot succesfully.

Lazy User's: Wanna skip the steps and try my zImage file, Go for it! Im attaching my "zImage.tar" file for those whom just wanna flash it through ODIN and hopefully it works. But if not try the follow steps above.

***i am not responsable for any of the files or most of the steps. Just followed a conversation with some other XDA members and gathered the steps together to make them in easy to read thread***
Much love and cred to these following XDA members: clay21, rhynokilla, and more just cant remember. :(

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1138524&page=22

Attachments

• Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3.rar
    5.1 MB · Views: 3,973
  • zImage.tar
    7.5 MB · Views: 3,652
Last edited:

Marvlet

Jan 22, 2011
Wrong forum! This is the SGS4G forum!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

l0lz0rss

May 1, 2011
sweet a fix for the Samsung exhibit

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
No, we do not. :( We need a Exhibit/Exhibit II forum.

This is the wrong forum... But this is a good starting point, imho, for exhibit 4g owners to get a chance to start their own forum.

If you own an exhibit 4g, report DeathW1sh's OP, in the drop-down select move/maintenance and in the textbox request for an exhibit 4g forum.
EDIT: Actually, I noticed that you guys have a forum request thread as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1190716
I would just do both. ;)

Ya got to start somewhere... Right?

Keep up the good work, hopefully you guys get a forum of your own. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Last edited:

DeathW1SH

Sep 14, 2011
Boise, ID
sorry, didn't want to sound like a piece of SH"T

Yeah well since not having our own forum, had to post somewhere. I agree though i should have posted it somewhere else but thought i'd get it up for the people who are in need like i was with a soft bricked Exhibit. Hopefully we'll get a forum soon and i can get the thread moved to it.

DeathW1SH

Sep 14, 2011
Boise, ID
This is the wrong forum... But this is a good starting point, imho, for exhibit 4g owners to get a chance to start their own forum.

If you own an exhibit 4g, report DeathW1sh's OP, in the drop-down select move/maintenance and in the textbox request for an exhibit 4g forum.
EDIT: Actually, I noticed that you guys have a forum request thread as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1190716
I would just do both. ;)

Ya got to start somewhere... Right?

Keep up the good work, hopefully you guys get a forum of your own. :)

Yeah Exhibit owners we need to do this so we can get a forum. my bad Galaxy S 4G owners for posting it in the wrong spot.

clay21

Oct 16, 2011
Good work bro...this was definitely needed because until we get a recovery and roms there is going to be a lot of Exhibit users experimenting and bricking there phones.

Wanted21

Jan 7, 2012
PLEAZE...help after i chage file location n stuff...it says invalid file type..some PLZ help..noob a this i would really would like to unbrick ma exhibit

kiretata

Dec 5, 2012
possible soft brick

*****Note:****** I am not responsible that you bricked your device, because your the one who did it. Therefore these are steps gathered from others threads and i do not claim ownership of any of these files.*

I'd like to post my steps that i took to unbrick my Samsung exhibit 4G when i being stupid and excited about rooting it flashed CWM using ROM manager for one of the nexus 4g version and rebooted device and got soft brick screen. Hope its helps some of you guys out like it did for me.

Requirements:
-ODIN
-IZark

Guide:
Step 1: Download stock kernel zip "Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3" from below these steps.

Step 2: Download program IZark (i used version 4.1.6) and install program to computer. (Search Google for program download)

Step 3. Open IZark program then open file "Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_Recovery_2.3.3"

Step 4. click "tools" then click "convert archive" then change the output file location and file name looks like this

Step 6. Put device in download mode by powering device off, then press and hold volume + and - press and then plug into computer

Step 8. Odin will complete and then reboot your device into stock recovery then choose reboot system now and device will HOPEFULLY reboot succesfully.

Lazy User's: Wanna skip the steps and try my zImage file, Go for it! Im attaching my "zImage.tar" file for those whom just wanna flash it through ODIN and hopefully it works. But if not try the follow steps above.

***i am not responsable for any of the files or most of the steps. Just followed a conversation with some other XDA members and gathered the steps together to make them in easy to read thread***
Much love and cred to these following XDA members: clay21, rhynokilla, and more just cant remember. :(

hi ,i have samsung galaxy exibit 4g with t mobile ,it is my first try to root a phone with odin and i think i got to "soft brick"-all i have when i turn my phone on is vibration and black screen.could u please help me please:confused:

jza802k

Apr 30, 2008
Tried this method and now my phone is stuck at the "Firmware upgrade fail!" screen. Odin still detects the device is connected but when trying to reflash the stock recovery through PDA, Odin 3.07 is stuck at NAND Write Start!!. Previous versions shows that the operation failed. Is there any way to get past this? I tried using Odin version 1.83, 1.85, 3.04, 3.06 and 3.07.

Edit: Got it working with your version of the zImage.tar...now will try to root!! Thanks!!

Last edited:

Call_Me_Hudson

Nov 24, 2013
i have a samsung exibit sgh t759....

my phone is brick when i was flashing clockworkrecovery on rom manager premium and now after the reboot it wont turn on.. it keeps comming up on the first boot img and not passing that stage with samsung exhibit logo.. when i'm going in download mode it flash and stuck again.. when i plug it in the computer it says unknown device and a loading screen comes up on the phone. i cant go into recovery or download mood i tried every bottons! pleaseeee helP!! :crying: ......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    -ODIN
    -IZark

Guide:

Come on people! Please read before posting!

Sent from my rockin' Galaxy S 4G using XDA Premium App
    It is a good fix though. Nice job with it.

sorry, didn't want to sound like a piece of SH"T