OP Updated [ROM] Galaxy Exhibit/Exhibit II RebelROM 3.1[ICS hybrid, LITE and SMOOTH]

Search This thread

philhull

Apr 20, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
So far...

Wifi is giving me an error.
Screen won't auto rotate.
No LED flash when taking photos.
Proximity sensor doesn't turn off screen.

I'm going to flash back to stock and then re-flash this to see if that will fix any of the problems.

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Wifi is giving me an error.
Screen won't auto rotate.
No LED flash when taking photos.
Proximity sensor doesn't turn off screen.

I'm going to flash back to stock and then re-flash this to see if that will fix any of the problems.

it might but not likely, did you wipe data/cache before applying beta 2? Lol looks like beta 2 has more problems then beta 1..

mrdally204

Sep 4, 2010
Is there sip support built into android in this rom? It was an included feature starting with 2.3 but most companies remove it. Any luck here?

Edit : also curious to know if there is auto brightness adjustment. It was missing from the original rom and rebelrom 2.1 (my everyday rom). Thanks bpear for the great work. You still have not purchased this phone?

Last edited:

belkyrnn

Apr 18, 2012
Question about 3.0 Beta

I noticed that there's no email apps when I flashed to 3.0. Or have I missed it somewhere? I want to able to set up IMAP connection to my personal email other than google and I couldn't find a way.

cashman0712

Mar 31, 2012
Any other feedback? I would love to test but wifi is essential for me.

I am in the same boat as you. Can't afford to lose so many things. I will try when it is more stable.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Well nevermind doesn't look like the ROM won't even boot up. I am coming from Jocala's CM9 ROM but this won't go past the black screen. I was actually excited to have a working camera again.... :'(

EDIT: I did everything I had to. ROMwipe, wiped cache/dalvik, formatted system, data, and cache. What else could I do besides go back to stock? I don't want to do that...

mrdally204

Sep 4, 2010
I tried it last night as well. I was only there for a few minutes. The wifi did not work, when going to wifi in settings, there was error (I believe that was the wording) under it, the check box was not able to be checked. I then said "ok, lets try the face unlock". It took a while for me to get it to recognize my face, eventually it did. I then tried to unlock my screen with it but I had a crash there as well (insert the "you so ugly, you broke your phone" jokes). The screen started a quick flicker and lost most color. It eventually froze with my picture on screen, and I heard the music as if the phone did a quick reboot. This happened many times when I tried unlocking with facial recognition with Beta 2. I'm sorry I did not test further but I had to get back to a working phone before morning :) From what I did see working, it was moving very smooth. I do like the overall feel of the rom.

To answer one of my own questions, I did NOT see the SIP option built into the phone Shucks. I restored back to a working rom before checking to see if auto brightness was included. can anyone comment on it?

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk
Everything is working for me in b1 with the exception of one soft reboot today

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Djkilljoy

Apr 22, 2012
Awesome!

First time poster, just switched to an Android device. Quick question about beta 3.0, I still have the old icons for Messaging and Internet. Wondering if there is something wrong I did on my end or if that's how the beta is and if final build 2.0 would have all the newer icons as well.

Thanks!

Fawxy

Feb 15, 2012
Boca Raton
Typically when something like that happens, its a conflict with the previous ROM. Simply reinstall to stock ROM, root/custom recovery install, then install the ROM through normal method (cleaning cache, dalvik, and data). If that still doesnt work, try installing an icon pack.

camcory

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
Domination themed RebelRom 3.0 beta1

Here is the start I am continuing to theme some more of the apk's. Slimmed down RebelRom 3.0 beta1. Switched out launcher with go launcher 2.87beta(themed). This is themed with vertumus's Domination MMS needs to be switched to black background in its settings to see words in textbox. Let me know of more if needed. This is a work in progress but has all the same working features of this awesome ROM. Again thanks to BPear, Jocala, Wildchld, Vertumus, and countless others who work so hard for this community. Link

Attachments

• device-2012-04-22-211045.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211045.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 157
  • device-2012-04-22-211100.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211100.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 145
  • device-2012-04-22-211118.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211118.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 139
  • device-2012-04-22-211133.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211133.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 132
  • device-2012-04-22-211149.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211149.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 134
  • device-2012-04-22-211231.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-211231.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 139
  • device-2012-04-23-082427.jpg
    device-2012-04-23-082427.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 127

Djkilljoy

Apr 22, 2012
Nice! Will try this out later on, quick question about it though, even with a different theme setting, it is still considered a new Rom right? So I would still need to Romwipe before flashing this one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RebelROM 3.0.9:

SamsungExhibitII4G.jpg

(Widget is Beautiful Widget with ICS theme, and Text on icons in dock is disabled in Xperia S launcher preferences)

Download:

Report bugs:
    here http://code.google.com/p/rebel-rom/issues/list

Features:
    Ported from Galaxy W by me :D
    XXLM6 brings updated Samsung lockscreen, Face unlock, performance, stability increases and android 2.3.6

Features kept from Black Notes Hybrid:
    • ICS Framework
    • ICS google music
    • ICS MODDED APPs (Browser, Gallery, MyFiles, Video Player, Voice Rec)
    • Worldwide APN list
    • Bravia Engine
    • Extended Power Menu
    • V6 Supercharged installed (Super UL, Bullet Proof, Nitro Lag, 100% charged)
    • Derek Gordon GPS Optimization with AGPS Patch (Worldwide)

Other features of Rebel ROM:
    • OTA updatable
    • Barebone with barely any trace of TouchWiz interface
    • ICS theme based on ICE DARK S theme thanks to ibanez7 (Great Job!) modified by me and camcory (camcory mostly :D )
    • CM9 Background in apps (settings, etc) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042532&d=1336233402
    • CM7 DSP manager
    • Adfree host file
    • ICS themed XPERIA S launcher
    • ICS keyboard
    • ICS google music player and ICS calculator
    • ICS wallpaper Selector
    • ICS clock
    • Lidroid customization notification toggles
    • Sqlite,App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • Jocala's Kernel (thanks!)
    • Debloated
    • AOSP 2.3.7 Calender and Deskclock
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Has task killer tweaks
    • optimized memory
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Roboto font
    • Touchscreen more accurate
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • Battery percentage notification popups removed

Bugs:

Working:
    • Almost EVERYTHING

Not working:
    • Flashlight toggle in notification pull down. Working LED flashlight app included (smart flashlight)

Screenshots:
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14745788/1/RebelROM?h=8c4dce (thanks Camcory for most screenshots :D)

Coming soon:
    • XXLM8 Galaxy W updated base
    • More tweaks performance and visual
    • Custom Kernel with tweaks and OCable

Install:
    1. If on RebelROM < or = 2.1(or any 2.3.5 Exhibit II rom, or stock) FULL WIPE is recommended! 3.0 brings some major changes
    2. Install CWM
    3. Backup apps with titanium backup or similar
    4. Make a nandroid backup in CWM
    5. Wipe data, cache,system etc
    6. Install rom in CWM
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Change log:

RebelROM 3.0.9:
    • Includes Jocalas latest kernel (1.8) Thanks jocala for all your work!
    • Battery percentage popups removed
    • Smart flashlight app included in /data/app for easy removal if not wanted (working led flashlight)
    • Screen capture fixed

RebelROM 3.0.8 By Camcory:
    • Theme and other fixes.

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2a:
    • Some more theme fixes..

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2:
    • Theme fixed 100% (I think) thanks toibanez7's theme "Ice Dark S" which helped me fix up RebelROM's theme.
    • OTA updater (update me) Integrated into Settings.apk, so it wont be in app drawer, check settings for "Update ROM"
    • Lidroid (14 toggles) removed for now, will properly implement it soon.
    • Call log FC fixed.

RebelROM 3.0.5 Beta 4
    • Some theme fixes (thanks Camcory!)
    • Model # should be fixed (From Galaxy W's to Exhibit II's)

RebelROM 3.0.4 Milestone 1
    ALOT! Check http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26428206&postcount=339 thats 3.0 Beta 2 features
    Milestone 1 also has OTA update ability, Stock Exhibit II camera App with ICS icon, ICS theme Domination by Vertimus, ported by camcory etc

RebelROM 2.1
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • ICS transition animations
    • More apps themed
    • New messaging app

RebelROM 2.0
    • Bravia Engine
    • ICS app_process, system_server and sqlite to improve performance
    • Dialer themed
    • Some ICS icons

RebelROM 1.4
    • Everything working
    • Added AOSP music player (or was it cm7 :p i forget)
    • DSP manager from CM7
    • ICS message app added
    • Added App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • and some other stuff i forget

RC1:
    Camera,kies and accelerometer fix

Beta 2:
    • Wifi FIXED
    • ICS themed XPERIA launcher
    • Messaging,Email and calender all replaced with AOSP apps
    • ICS themed music player and ICS calculator (more apps to be themed soon)

• Credits:
      [*]Camcory - Tester, and helped ALOT especially with theme, + Worked on update well i was away, 3.0.8 includes theme fix and more.
      [*]jocala- For everything he has done for the Galaxy Exhibit.
      [*]Philhull - Testers, helped alot as well
      [*]dennis96411 - Tester and helped get logcats etc :D
      [*]Zenpit - Tester, and also helped get logcats, also may be making custom boot animation and logo for rebelROM.com
      [*]aznrunner1881 - Tester :D
      [*]adamwardw3 - Tester and some screenshots
      Also of course thanks again to anyone involved in the Dev work above!

[*]Donations to put towards phone:
      [*]famous26 - $5
      [*]Niya Lee -$30 thank you so much
      [*]Simon Chung - $10
      [*]camcory - $10
      [*]jwsm - $10
      [*]Thank you all!! :D
      [*]
    I have $45 in serve.com $30 from other things, i putting all that towards getting an exhibit ii though
    3.0 Beta 2

How to install :
    (thanks robsaw for instructions)
    Follow this to get a well functioning RebelROM

Download:

1. First of all, install ClockworkMod Recovery for this phone:
    See this post - http://xdaforums.com/show...09&postcount=4

2. Install RebelROM 3.0.7
    • Copy 3.0.7 and 3.1 ROMs onto sdcard
    • Boot into CWM
    • WIPE everything in CWM (ROM, Data, Cache - before flashing the new ROM)
    • Flash ROM 3.0.7
    • Reboot
    • When it reboots, skip the first setup message that appears and use the powerbutton to reboot back into CWM

3. Install RebelROM 3.1 overtop of 3.0.7
    • From CWM
    • Do NOT WIPE ANYTHING
    • Flash 3.1
    • Reboot and you are done
    I will work on 3.2 eventually that will fix this, and be one zip

Tips and how to's :

Use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1451712 for general discussion about rebelROM

Previous stable release:
    RebelROM 2.1 http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Samsung_Exhibit_II_Developers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/

RebelROM 3.0 Milestone 1
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...evelopers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/Milestones/
    RebelRom 3.0.7

Ok here it is RebelRom 3.0.7 with fixes,Galaxy Exhibit splash,working update in settings. I first wiped usb in settings to clear out any junk. Then ROM wipe and wipe dalvik cache in CWM. Flash ROM takes a bit of time at startup. Just to be perfectly clear I am not trying to hijack this ROM it is bpears baby I had nothing to do in the development and porting of this ROM we should all give him a big thanks and I know in time he will be back to give us more goodies. Enjoy. Download
    We're funny enough to get rid of disrespectful people.
    Now focus on development.

Sent from my X8 using Forum Runner
    Thread reopened after cleaning.
    One user is banned. Flaming others and spamming the board isn't the most clever idea.