Question Re: My Htc Tilt (Att)

Search This thread

jeordy

Aug 15, 2008
I have an ATT Tilt, and im getting fed up with it. Ever since i updated the new rom for it, it randomly shuts down, freezes constantly, and email and things like that dont work... It consistently freezes every time i get a call, on top of just completely randomly while in my pocket...

So my real question: Would getting a custom rom fix these problems at all, or is it not worth it to risk damaging the phone? The only custom rom i have seen around is Manila i think, if there are others which ones do you think are best?

Thanks much for your help!

larsuck

Dec 10, 2006
Nowheresville
I have an ATT Tilt, and im getting fed up with it. Ever since i updated the new rom for it, it randomly shuts down, freezes constantly, and email and things like that dont work... It consistently freezes every time i get a call, on top of just completely randomly while in my pocket...

So my real question: Would getting a custom rom fix these problems at all, or is it not worth it to risk damaging the phone? The only custom rom i have seen around is Manila i think, if there are others which ones do you think are best?

Thanks much for your help!

Your questions one at a time:

Would a custom ROM fix these problems?
Yes, probably. But might lead to new ones.

Is it worth the risk?
Only you can answer that. However, if an official ROM has produced the problems you mentioned, I would try to reflash the same official ROM first - redownload the file and everything just to make sure you didn't get a bad flash.

As long as you use HardSPL, flashing ROMs should be pretty safe. But you will more than likely void your warranty. Just read a bunch before you flash. I would start with
This: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=396922
and then once you have that on your machine you need to surf around
Here: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378
to get a good idea of what ROMs are out there for Kaiser. I saw five or so on the first page.

Which ROM is best?
Again, only you can answer that. Try a bunch and you will probably find a good one.

leechdweler

Sep 4, 2008
hey jeordy,
I am having the same exact problems with my tilt. I had to unlock it as I use tmobile. If you come up with any solutions please post here. I hope you do:D.
Thanks