[Q] Blackberry messaging hub for android

Search This thread

Proud2bNoob

Jan 7, 2014
I was wondering if there was something similar to BB hub for android. Ideally a widget that displays all messages, email, IMs, ect and lets you respond without opening the corresponding app (so not quite like BB hub).
I haven't been able to find anything and would try to implement this idea myself, but I have no idea how to. Would Tasker be enough or would I have to write a completely new app?
I've had some programming experience, but Tetris was the most advanced programm I've written (Python) and I've never tried developing something for android. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cyclops:

PS: I can add a picture of what I'm aiming at if it isn't clear.

klimatsias

Jun 16, 2014
blackberry hub like apps

after long search, have found 3 apps that cud do something like that - the bb hub though is quite unique and can only hope
they develop a launcher like at some stage

pure messenger, it includes emai, sms, calls, facebook and twitter - includes widget

executive assistant (has a free version as well) with text, email, sms, calls, fb and twitter as well as rss feeds - includes widget

and the last one, still in beta, but could work out nicely is simply called HUB (from e-MSI Sp. z o.o.)

have sent them a few suggestions as the developer there asking for same order improve it. this one u can include any app that u wish to have a notification from so added all my social apps along with email/calls/im/sms/bbm/whatsapp.

hope any of the above can be of any use to u

razorphish

Jun 17, 2015
after long search, have found 3 apps that cud do something like that - the bb hub though is quite unique and can only hope
they develop a launcher like at some stage

pure messenger, it includes emai, sms, calls, facebook and twitter - includes widget

executive assistant (has a free version as well) with text, email, sms, calls, fb and twitter as well as rss feeds - includes widget

and the last one, still in beta, but could work out nicely is simply called HUB (from e-MSI Sp. z o.o.)

have sent them a few suggestions as the developer there asking for same order improve it. this one u can include any app that u wish to have a notification from so added all my social apps along with email/calls/im/sms/bbm/whatsapp.

hope any of the above can be of any use to u

Have there been any more developments on this topic. Would prefer to have BB style notifications rather than swipe notifications of Android Lollipop as they are so many that come in.. I would like notification like an * (asterick) sign on whatsapp, email app etc to show there is new item waiting

Jitesh Pahuja

Jul 13, 2015
Guys..... recently switched from BB z10 to Oneplus one .... so used to the blackberry

Guys..... recently switched from BB z10 to Oneplus one .... so used to the blackberry hub which is not there on android.. Is there a alternate in android if not.,.. is it coming for sure on android..please reply ... eagerly waiting for something like hub on android.. orelse will have to switch back to BB..

azndoodle

Feb 11, 2011
The app is available but not for any android device other than Blackberry Priv at the moment.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.hub

Guys..... recently switched from BB z10 to Oneplus one .... so used to the blackberry hub which is not there on android.. Is there a alternate in android if not.,.. is it coming for sure on android..please reply ... eagerly waiting for something like hub on android.. orelse will have to switch back to BB..

Reactions: rspear

Top Liked Posts