[Q] Recovery and rom for Galaxy Gear SM-VZ7000

Search This thread

CreatiVe Max

Aug 14, 2014
I bought in Best Buy Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-VZ7000ZOAXAR. Can I install custom recovery and null ROM on this ? I know it's not V700 but it looks like it. What is different in this model ? I try and to Google it but I didn't get any information... :(

Bladder61

Mar 31, 2011
I bought in Best Buy Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-VZ7000ZOAXAR. Can I install custom recovery and null ROM on this ? I know it's not V700 but it looks like it. What is different in this model ? I try and to Google it but I didn't get any information... :(

On your Gear open up Settings/Gear Info/About Gear, then see what Model Number you have. As far as I know the Gear 1 that Best Buy has sold since rollout is the SM-V700. I bought my Gear 1 at Best Buy on the day they started selling them. Also look at your software version. Is the Gear running Android or Tizen? If it is running Android then you will be fine to root, install recovery and then Null Rom. If you are on Tizen then you will need to downgrade to Android first.

There is a great thread on how to downgrade, TWRP Recovery, plus the thread for Null Rom (page 1). These walk you through everything you want to do. Good Luck

CreatiVe Max

Aug 14, 2014
I will check software version on Saturday because now I haven't watch with me :rolleyes:
Which software version must I have to root and flash without troubles ? What is the "Z" letter in model number ? I can't find it anywhere even on Samsung website.

CreatiVe Max

Aug 14, 2014
I will check software version on Saturday because now I haven't watch with me :rolleyes:
Which software version must I have to root and flash without troubles ? What is the "Z" letter in model number ? I can't find it anywhere even on Samsung website.
EDIT
I called Samsung today, and this "Z"in model number is a mistake. Someone in BestBuy put wrong number on website. :laugh: