--[FIX]--SkyDragon G3 USB Fix

Search This thread
Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR
Like many of you new flashers, I have flashed the SkyDragon ROM and have noticed that there is no connectivity to the computer whatsoever, so I did a little digging. I went back and forth between 2 Nandroid backups and kept flashing parts of them until I could narrow down where this problem was coming from. I found out that it comes from the specific folder - data/property

There is a missing file called persist.sys.usb.config ,13B in size, and I have no idea what it does (maybe some of you could enlighten me) but throwing the old file into that folder, changing the permissions to rw-------- and rebooting worked like a charm.

I apologize for not sticking this into the development thread, however I'm a lurker with no input! :victory:

Without further ado,

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BORKEN DEVICES. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T DO IT!

1. Download Root Browser and RB Text Editor
2. Navigate to /data/property
3. On the bottom bar, tap the "New" button
4. Click on "New file"
5. Enter the file name as follows:
persist.sys.usb.config
6. Click the file you just made and hit "Open as..."
7. Hit "Text file"
8. Click RB Text editor
9. Delete whatever is there and enter as follows:
auto_conf,adb
No spaces or caps!
10. Save the file by clicking the save button on the top right corner.
11. Reboot your phone
12.Profit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steal this information, spread it around, someone post it to the development thread and make this ROM better!

If you're having any problems, don't hesitate to ask

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR
i could just drop this in the proper location before flashing the rom yes ??

Only if you're going to dirty flash it, but at that point, I'd just dirty flash it anyways. The file should already be there if you're on a ROM that can recognize your phone. I also do recommend a clean flash. I'm sorry if I made this difficult. When flashing the rom, it'll format /data which is where the file is held so if you had the file there already, it would just wipe it.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Only if you're going to dirty flash it, but at that point, I'd just dirty flash it anyways. The file should already be there if you're on a ROM that can recognize your phone. I also do recommend a clean flash. I'm sorry if I made this difficult. When flashing the rom, it'll format /data which is where the file is held so if you had the file there already, it would just wipe it.

i was talking from a clean install

drop file in the proper location then wipe phone flash rom with new file and them proceed to set up the phone

Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR

drop file in the proper location then wipe phone flash rom with new file and them proceed to set up the phone

As long as it's after the wipe then yes. If you opened up the zip that contains the ROM, you could head into /data then create a new folder called property and throw the file in there then zip it back up and flash it. But you MUST put the file in /data/property AFTER you flash the ROM. You could drop the file into a downloads or media folder because those don't get touched then flash the rom then move it and change permissions then reboot as well.

So no, you cannot drop the file in it's PROPER location before you wipe, otherwise it'll get deleted. However, you can copy/paste it into say, mnt/sdcard/Download, via your root browser, beforehand then follow my instructions

Last edited:

Jephre

Oct 31, 2010
I tried creating my own file as per the instructions (came to 13b size for the file too), but my phone isn't being recognized in android file transfer.

Then again, it wasn't recognized either when I was on stock rom (prior to flashing anything).

Reactions: 88keys6strings

Cablespider

Jun 5, 2012
Chicago
On my phone, the file already existed. Its contents read....

Code:
boot,adb,mtp

I changed it accordingly based on your instructions, reboot and nothing.

I found that if you turn USB debugging off, then on again, the file will get overwritten with the original code...boot,adb,mtp.

Could it be that this command simply enables USB debugging? That's what my testing showed. I turned off debugging, made the file change, reboot and debugging was enabled. Disable debugging and the file gets overwritten. Rinse, repeat. If I delete the file, it is recreated when enabling USB debugging....boot,adb,mtp.

Just a preliminary finding. I'm not well versed enough to explain or troubleshoot it any further. It did nothing to cure my USB problem.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR

Code:
boot,adb,mtp

I found that if you turn USB debugging off, then on again, the file will get overwritten with the original code...boot,adb,mtp.

Could it be that this command simply enables USB debugging? That's what my testing showed. I turned off debugging, made the file change, reboot and debugging was enabled. Disable debugging and the file gets overwritten. Rinse, repeat.

Just a preliminary finding. I'm not well versed enough to explain it further. It did nothing to cure my USB problem.

I may have overlooked something. I deleted some usb portion of the build.prop. Didn't change anything so i didnt think about it. If you make a backup then edit it deleting the usb part, then reboot that might get it to work.If you need specifics, I'll be next to a computer in about an hour and a half

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Can someone just post the file here?

Sent from my LG-D851

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I copied one of the persist.sys files from that folder to my sdcard and edited it with Rom Toolbox Pro. I opened it as a text file and deleted what was there, then added the stuff in the OP and saved. I then renamed the file to persist.sys.usb.config and added it to that folder and changed permissions and rebooted. Worked fine.

Sent from my LG-D851

Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR

Sent from my LG-D851

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I copied one of the persist.sys files from that folder to my sdcard and edited it with Rom Toolbox Pro. I opened it as a text file and deleted what was there, then added the stuff in the OP and saved. I then renamed the file to persist.sys.usb.config and added it to that folder and changed permissions and rebooted. Worked fine.

Sent from my LG-D851

Awesome! Glad it worked for you

A

aclegg2011

This is from my stock rom with the modified skydragon kernel. place in root\data\property. let me know if this works. just rename it and drop the .zip part.

Attachments

• persist.sys.usb.config.zip
    13 bytes · Views: 61
Dec 1, 2011
Tigard, OR

Code:
boot,adb,mtp

Could it be that this command simply enables USB debugging? That's what my testing showed. I turned off debugging, made the file change, reboot and debugging was enabled. Disable debugging and the file gets overwritten. Rinse, repeat. If I delete the file, it is recreated when enabling USB debugging....boot,adb,mtp.

Just a preliminary finding. I'm not well versed enough to explain or troubleshoot it any further. It did nothing to cure my USB problem.

I tried creating my own file as per the instructions (came to 13b size for the file too), but my phone isn't being recognized in android file transfer.

Then again, it wasn't recognized either when I was on stock rom (prior to flashing anything).

I'll try when I get home in about six hours.

UPDATED

Much easier now. Just tested it with a Nand that didn't work at all and followed the instructions and it worked flawlessly. Let me know if you have any more issues

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
4. Click on "New file"
persist.sys.usb.config
7. Hit "Text file"
8. Click RB Text editor
auto_conf,adb
No spaces or caps!
11. Reboot your phone
12.Profit

I can now confirm that this does work. I now have working MTP again.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
You guys could try adding "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" to the build.prop and see if that works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like many of you new flashers, I have flashed the SkyDragon ROM and have noticed that there is no connectivity to the computer whatsoever, so I did a little digging. I went back and forth between 2 Nandroid backups and kept flashing parts of them until I could narrow down where this problem was coming from. I found out that it comes from the specific folder - data/property

There is a missing file called persist.sys.usb.config ,13B in size, and I have no idea what it does (maybe some of you could enlighten me) but throwing the old file into that folder, changing the permissions to rw-------- and rebooting worked like a charm.

I apologize for not sticking this into the development thread, however I'm a lurker with no input! :victory:

Without further ado,

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BORKEN DEVICES. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T DO IT!

4. Click on "New file"
    persist.sys.usb.config
    7. Hit "Text file"
    8. Click RB Text editor
    auto_conf,adb
    No spaces or caps!
    11. Reboot your phone
    12.Profit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steal this information, spread it around, someone post it to the development thread and make this ROM better!

If you're having any problems, don't hesitate to ask
    I'll try when I get home in about six hours.

Code:
    boot,adb,mtp

Sent from my LG-D851

Sent from my LG-D851