Volume and power buttons stop functioning after kernel flash.

Search This thread

zetorung

Jul 21, 2010
I flashed francor 58 through the franco updater on top of mahdi rom 6/70. When I got boot loops I reflashed r57 (had previously worked) and when it came up I no longer had working volume rocker and power buttons. If I hold down power the device DOES power off. I tried flashing other roms as well as stock and the problem persists.

I did an e2fsck on data and a factory reset with the google image and I still have the problem. The power button also fails to activate the screen in recovery. But it allows me to select and enter recovery from the bootloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

emhorner22

Oct 21, 2007
I flashed francor 58 through the franco updater on top of mahdi rom 6/70. When I got boot loops I reflashed r57 (had previously worked) and when it came up I no longer had working volume rocker and power buttons. If I hold down power the device DOES power off. I tried flashing other roms as well as stock and the problem persists.

I did an e2fsck on data and a factory reset with the google image and I still have the problem. The power button also fails to activate the screen in recovery. But it allows me to select and enter recovery from the bootloader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you ever find what the problem was? I'm having the same issue.

Mosquito2001

Nov 24, 2009
Mons
Help, same here...
I flashed yesterday latest LaboDJ's Linaro (62v2) over an older version and this morning my power and volume buttons aren't responding at all.
I flashed back system.img and boot.img from latest ota.zip but the problem persists.
Buttons are working fine in bootloader...

Mosquito2001

Nov 24, 2009
Mons
No luck, even flashed the whole L factory image...
as soon as my screen goes off, my only solution to bring it back alive is to keep power pressed 15s and let it reboot. Proof that the button press is somewhat registered in hardware I guess :(

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
No luck, even flashed the whole L factory image...
as soon as my screen goes off, my only solution to bring it back alive is to keep power pressed 15s and let it reboot. Proof that the button press is somewhat registered in hardware I guess :(

Holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds is hard-coded to be a battery pull emulation, not affected by ROM nor kernel.

Did you try running the flash-all.bat? (backup to a PC first)

Mosquito2001

Nov 24, 2009
Mons
ok, I'm not 100% sure how but got my buttons back :confused:
What I last did before they start working again was to boot into bootloader then recovery which was still default (open Robot with red triangle).
I kept volume up while pressing power as I've read on some post (hard reset?) and the phone rebooted to android with both volume and control buttons working.
Did I reset something extra or is it pure coincidence? Guess time will tell :eek: