[KERNEL]Lightning kernel cm11

Search This thread

willsonsin

Aug 1, 2011
Lighting kernel installation instruction

Can I know the proper installation instruction of this lighting CM11 kernel?
I am using PA 4.6 beta 5 ROM...my phone doesn't boot up after I flash this kernel via CWM...It stuck at boot animation...

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Can I know the proper installation instruction of this lighting CM11 kernel?
I am using PA 4.6 beta 5 ROM...my phone doesn't boot up after I flash this kernel via CWM...It stuck at boot animation...

Reflash PA 4.6 Beta 5, boot up and let it optimize all the apps, get an app to control processor clock speed (I like FauxClock but there are other good ones), reboot recovery, flash lightning, when you boot make sure to set clock speed to 1.5GHz. If you wish to overclock you may do so now, otherwise you can leave it at 1.5GHz.
I think this is an issue where by default the kernel will clock the processor to 1.8GHz which is unstable for some phones.

willsonsin

Aug 1, 2011
Reflash PA 4.6 Beta 5, boot up and let it optimize all the apps, get an app to control processor clock speed (I like FauxClock but there are other good ones), reboot recovery, flash lightning, when you boot make sure to set clock speed to 1.5GHz. If you wish to overclock you may do so now, otherwise you can leave it at 1.5GHz.
I think this is an issue where by default the kernel will clock the processor to 1.8GHz which is unstable for some phones.

Thanks for your explanation. But the problem is how do I set the the clock speed to 1.5Ghz? I cant even enter my ROM after I flash the kernel.

TheTofu

Nov 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Thanks for your explanation. But the problem is how do I set the the clock speed to 1.5Ghz? I cant even enter my ROM after I flash the kernel.

This is why you first flash the stock rom, to get the stock kernel back, that way if that doesn't boot you can look to other issues, if it does boot successfully, then follow the rest of my advice. If it boots nicely on stock rom but not on lightning then that's another problem as well.

willsonsin

Aug 1, 2011
This is why you first flash the stock rom, to get the stock kernel back, that way if that doesn't boot you can look to other issues, if it does boot successfully, then follow the rest of my advice. If it boots nicely on stock rom but not on lightning then that's another problem as well.

Just tried your instruction, and it works...it finally boots up... but after a few reboot... some weird symptoms start showing up...getting some apps force close during start up...and now it bootloop...I will wait for the next release... thank you very much. =)

nikhil18

May 9, 2012
bangalore
Guys if you all are having any network problem related to calling,data just replace the libril.so file in system/lib folder from the ROM which you are using or delete the lib in the kernel zip before flashing my kernel

I tried to install stock lightning Kernel on the Existenz rom. 283 but it failed via recovery. Anyone knows why? Do i have to wipe Data?

Sensors don't work with my stock kernel so don't install it I will soon fix it but if you still want to play with it then you need the latest version of xz dual recovery

Last edited:

BeatB

Sep 24, 2010
Vienna
I tried to install stock lightning Kernel on the Existenz rom. 283 but it failed via recovery. Anyone knows why? Do i have to wipe Data?

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
Oh! It's PA5. Do you remember any kernel working for PA5? Actually Fast Charge is not enabled in my ROM (PA-5) and battery is not good as well. So, looking for custom kernel for the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lightning kernel

this kernel is made for cyanogenmod 11 roms and i take no responsibility if you brick,destroy your device due to this kernel

features
    sound control 3.2
    gpu overclock to 533mhz
    intelli thermal
    cpu overclock upto 1836mhz(disable mpdecision)
    compiled with linaro 4.9.1
    added intelliactive,intellidemand and preservative governors
    row,fiops io schedulers
    undervolting
    sweep to wake and double tap to wake
    fast charge
    auto mpdecision (turn off stock qcom mpdecession)
    sound stuttering fixed(zzz sound while hearing music)
    Motorola MSM memcpy enhancements
    cpu unallingnment access
    kernel mode neon
    fast charge
    more to come

source code https://github.com/nikhil18/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

installation instructions
    flash the zip in recovery

for extreme overclocking disable qcom mpdecision

Setting custom GPU Voltages via sysfs

NB:
    - Safe lock is present on MIN/MAX values:

Quote:
    #define GPU_MIN_VDD 900000
    #define GPU_MAX_VDD 1200000
    The default GPU voltages are:
    Quote:
    + [VDD_DIG_NONE] = 0,
    + [VDD_DIG_LOW] = 975000,
    + [VDD_DIG_NOMINAL] = 1075000,
    + [VDD_DIG_HIGH] = 1175000
    Verify the actual settings:
    Quote:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_mv_table

Adjust to desired values and verify:

Quote:
    echo "930000 1000000 1100000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/gpu_mv_table

compatible roms
    carbon rom
    beanstalk rom
    AICP kk rom
    aokp rom
    cm11 rom
    more testing needed

credits
    doomlord for kernel building instructions
    jeroenqui for meow kernel
    cyanogenmod for kernel source
    Tommy-Geenexus
    faux123 - For almost all kernel features

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lightning kernel, Kernel for the Sony Xperia ZL

Contributors
    nikhil18
    Source Code: https://github.com/nikhil18/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-07-29
    Last Updated 2014-11-20
    sony 233 blobs.
    version 1-added intelliplug,gpu overclocking,linux patch to 103,kernel mode neon,motorola memory optimizations(paranoid android experimental builds) .
    version 2(new blobs)-removed intelliplug.added autosmp,627mhz gpu overclock
    version 6-added row sched,500ma charging for unknown chargers,fast charge,disabled some debugging for better performance,fixed sound stuttering if its there,intellithermal and multirom patch.

stock rom .283
    version 1 released for stock roms .283 based on same source and same features from cm11 and you need to be on stock kernel before installing this kernel
    Is booting without any problems. Underclocked to 196 and everything seems to be working.

And the best thing: The annoying soundbug is gone!

Where can I buy u a beer? :)

i do developing just for fun because i have lots of free time and i dont need money
    Looks promising :D please add a Stock version, i love GPU overclocking
    if this kernel boots then i will try adding stock version