UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update

Search This thread

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Follow directions to SBF your phone back to stock Froyo

HERE

After you have followed those directions, THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE, go thru the setup, *228 option 1 and all.

Go ahead and do a factory data reset/wipe your phone from Settings>>Privacy>>Factory Data Reset

After wiping the phone re-root with Gingerbreak and instal Tenfar Lin's Recovery.

Tutorials for rooting and installing recovery as well as additional download links/mirrors can be found in the sticky or here:

Root

Recovery

Place the downloaded GB Pre-Rooted file un the root(top of filesystem/not in any folder) of your externad sd card and rename to "update.zip".

Reboot into recovery thru Tenfar's Bootstrap Recovery app and select "Apply SDCARD : update.zip"

NOTE : It will take a long time, about 15 minutes... EDIT: I dont remember how long it takes with the new prerooted version.... I did this at work yesterday...

Reboot your phone. IT WILL BOOTLOOP!!! EDIT: If it bootloops, pull battery, reboot holding power and volume down, use volume down to scroll to stock/built in recovery, press volume down and up at the same time twice until you get the menu, wipe/factory data reset....

The phone will seem to stall at the eye, but give it time... EDIT: I wasnt watching as I was doing this at work....

Eventually you will be at your home screen and all will be well and rooted in the wonderful world of GingerBread!!

ENJOY!!!

UPDATES

GO TO P3DROID'S WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILES THERE! HE HAS CORRECTED THE "ASSERT FAILED/INSTALLATION ABORTED ERROR"!

Download

UPDATED!!
I will be SBF-ing my phone back to stock and applying P3Droid's new pre-rooted GB update...

I will update this post when I finish...

Been here, Done this, all is well and rooted in the land of GingerBread!!!

Last edited:

nitwit

Feb 17, 2007
I got the installation aborted status 7 messgae, but it says failed to boot 1 everytime

nitwit

Feb 17, 2007
Have you tried a battery pull and reboot? Make sure you don't have any kind of mod at all and if it still doesn't work, SBF back to bone dry stock, wipe, remove/uninstall any and all apps you may still have and try again...

I cant seem to sbf,

when i hold down the volume down and hit power it flashes the moto logo and then goes black, can't get to the rsd mode

scary stuff, it might be sbf'ing according to rsd, even though I didn't go into rsd mode hmm.

Last edited:

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Another Mirror.

Pre-Root Only.

Edit: Installation Aborted (bad)

The Link Update.zip In OP Is Bad.

Last edited:

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
I cant seem to sbf,

when i hold down the volume down and hit power it flashes the moto logo and then goes black, can't get to the rsd mode

scary stuff, it might be sbf'ing according to rsd, even though I didn't go into rsd mode hmm.

Let RSD do what it does and let us know... That is a little scary... I am currently trying to figure out what may have happened to you...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

nitwit

Feb 17, 2007
Let RSD do what it does and let us know... That is a little scary... I am currently trying to figure out what may have happened to you...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Wow, this first time I tried rsd it called the device 'fastboot' rather than the usual Daytona

I tried again after several battery pulls and got to where it called it Daytona and went ahead and flashed and thank you, it worked.

Even scarier was that I could not boot to use the nandroid backup either! I plugged into the wall outlet without the battery, inserted the battery and still had boot failure 1!!

mxair2001

Jul 19, 2011
I thought it was supposed to be possible to sbf back to 2.2? I am stuck in a boot loop now....sigh

nitwit

Feb 17, 2007
great, tried again and notice that my error 7 says error in /sdcard/update.zip <sigh>

back to the same issue I think...

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Just so EVERYBODY knows, I got the sdcard error and the bootloop issue and I panicked and SBF-ed again!!! After the second sbf I ran the update one more time and got the installation aborted error and sat at a bootloop for a few minutes... let it work... P3Droid himself said that it will abort, and it will bootloop and take some time. As I stated in the How-To, his instructions aren't very detailed and along with my own issues I decided to write the How-To...

Reactions: spr0k3t and nitwit

nitwit

Feb 17, 2007
I think I finally got this to work, thanks for the help. I was pondering if it would be better to run over the phone with my car or say I had lost it...

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Just so EVERYBODY knows, I got the sdcard error and the bootloop issue and I panicked and SBF-ed again!!! After the second sbf I ran the update one more time and got the installation aborted error and sat at a bootloop for a few minutes... let it work... P3Droid himself said that it will abort, and it will bootloop and take some time. As I stated in the How-To, his instructions aren't very detailed and along with my own issues I decided to write the How-To...

I Read The Directions, Had Alil Knowhow Already And In The Process Of Restoring Thanks To MyBackup Root. Gonna De-Bloat And Deodex Next.

Calcobrena

Jun 1, 2011
facebook.com
With all the seeds we got on the torrent now, ya'll should be able to get the file in just a couple minutes if you got a really fast connection. :)

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
When you get it debloated and deodexed can you upload a copy? I would really like to see this baby run once its deodexed!!!

I'll See What I Can Do, I'm Fighting The Battery Pulls By Deleting The Bloat.

Went From 170Mb - 228Mb Free Just From The Bloat.

Final Result After Deodex Is 269Mb Free Same As Froyo.

That's A 100Mb Difference, Of Nothing But B/S.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow directions to SBF your phone back to stock Froyo

HERE

After you have followed those directions, THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE, go thru the setup, *228 option 1 and all.

Go ahead and do a factory data reset/wipe your phone from Settings>>Privacy>>Factory Data Reset

After wiping the phone re-root with Gingerbreak and instal Tenfar Lin's Recovery.

Tutorials for rooting and installing recovery as well as additional download links/mirrors can be found in the sticky or here:

Root

Recovery

Place the downloaded GB Pre-Rooted file un the root(top of filesystem/not in any folder) of your externad sd card and rename to "update.zip".

Reboot into recovery thru Tenfar's Bootstrap Recovery app and select "Apply SDCARD : update.zip"

NOTE : It will take a long time, about 15 minutes... EDIT: I dont remember how long it takes with the new prerooted version.... I did this at work yesterday...

Reboot your phone. IT WILL BOOTLOOP!!! EDIT: If it bootloops, pull battery, reboot holding power and volume down, use volume down to scroll to stock/built in recovery, press volume down and up at the same time twice until you get the menu, wipe/factory data reset....

The phone will seem to stall at the eye, but give it time... EDIT: I wasnt watching as I was doing this at work....

Eventually you will be at your home screen and all will be well and rooted in the wonderful world of GingerBread!!

ENJOY!!!

UPDATES

GO TO P3DROID'S WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILES THERE! HE HAS CORRECTED THE "ASSERT FAILED/INSTALLATION ABORTED ERROR"!

Download

UPDATED!!
    I will be SBF-ing my phone back to stock and applying P3Droid's new pre-rooted GB update...

I will update this post when I finish...

Been here, Done this, all is well and rooted in the land of GingerBread!!!
    For some reason my WiFi isn't working now, just 3G.

Thanks for the help.

Ok I know this sounds stupid but people who reported this said resetting router fixes it, worth a shot

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
    If you go to settings -> privacy, and check back up and auto restore, google remembers all of your apps you have installed. If you flash and/or factory reset, all of your apps should automatically start downloading when you log in with your google account.
    Thanks, juhde

Just wanted to mention that I found a free app that displays the CPU temp called TempMonitor Lite with a paid version called TempMonitor. Noticed that the dual core really heats up during new account sync (post-wipe / new ROM), for example. 130 degs, oy!

Spikes like that are normal, especially when the phone is using the 3g radio, you only have a problem if it jumps high and stays high. The actual manufacture operational range for the tegra2 is -3° to 70° C or 26.6° to 158° F for you non metric types. So, 130 is still well within operating temperature.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App