[Driver] Flashable (Adreno) OpenGL ES 2.0 2184622 [SKYPE FIX] [FPS increase]

Search This thread

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me
pics or it didn't happen...

Worked for me. Instagram working fine for me atleast now. Dont have skype. On VI 4.0.1. Socali's kernel.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Instagram app still not able to apply filters to either newly snapped pics within the Instagram app or pics loaded from the gallery (any gallery). Not only can it not apply filters (Instagram filters is what I'm referring to here; not filters/scenes from within the HTC camera app), but the GL drivers do a dump that forces a kernel panic.

If anyone has successfully posted a newly applied instagram filter to Instagram after applying the v2 version of the 218 GL s.0 drivers...

Pics/links or it didn't happen.

P.S. My phone configuration is all detailed and linke in my signature for those curious. If you post success, please also provide these details.

Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2007
somehow I had 2131267 with stock ICS.. after flashing 2184622 I've got 8 fps increase, from 40.7 to 48.5 :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• NenaMark2_2012-05-15_1442.jpg
    NenaMark2_2012-05-15_1442.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,308
Reactions: bduvel

bduvel

May 29, 2010
Instagram app still not able to apply filters to either newly snapped pics within the Instagram app or pics loaded from the gallery (any gallery). Not only can it not apply filters (Instagram filters is what I'm referring to here; not filters/scenes from within the HTC camera app), but the GL drivers do a dump that forces a kernel panic.

If anyone has successfully posted a newly applied instagram filter to Instagram after applying the v2 version of the 218 GL s.0 drivers...

Pics/links or it didn't happen.

P.S. My phone configuration is all detailed and linke in my signature for those curious. If you post success, please also provide these details.

Thanks in advance!

ask in ordroid topic that rom runs on V2/2184622 and everyone has instagram working

did u clear normal cache+dalvik cache before flashing 218? you can also try to clear instagram settings

i can post a screenshot of filters, but is that gonna show that i run 218? no, but i do =D also i uninstalled InstaGram since it kept asking me to read my call logs.

Reactions: erraggy

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for V2 version! Everything is fully working including Skype and Instagram.
Tested on latest stock ICS 105_R just deodexed and rooted with stock kernel. about 49 fps in nena 2.

AgoeZ

Mar 28, 2011
Jakarta
ask in ordroid topic that rom runs on V2/2184622 and everyone has instagram working

did u clear normal cache+dalvik cache before flashing 218? you can also try to clear instagram settings

i can post a screenshot of filters, but is that gonna show that i run 218? no, but i do =D also i uninstalled InstaGram since it kept asking me to read my call logs.

Wait, clear cache and dalvik just before or after flashing? I guess I was wrong after all this time. My instagram still crashed, I clear cache & dalvik after flashing. :\

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
From my experience don't need to clear anynthing. I installed differnent versions - works just fine. Never cleared any cache.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgoeZ

AgoeZ

Mar 28, 2011
Jakarta
From my experience don't need to clear anynthing. I installed differnent versions - works just fine. Never cleared any cache.

all right, I will try again with your suggestion. :)

Edit: not works. :(

I think because my evo 3d running on leaked firmware and ICS rom.
Thanks though. ;)

Last edited:

Masrawy

Mar 16, 2011
I'm using ARHD 6.6.4 ROM, will 218 driver work on my ROM or is it only made for ordroid?

thanks

keke13

Jul 22, 2008
Marseille
Hello guys,

For me it's very concluding !

Flashed 218 V2 on CM9 Nightly with wipe cache + dalvik :
Before : 37.2
After : 48.2 !

Instagram seems to work fine, dont use skype si can't tell.

Thanks for the hard work !

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me

I wonder what the mighty shnizlon has done to OrDroid then, because I most definitely cleared both cache and dalvik. As a last ditch effort after reading your response (thanks btw because you're still the only reply to it) I also deleted app data and cache from within manage apps for Instagram. Still froze the phone on the filter screen before the image appeared and then rebooted itself.

I've been extremely busy at work this week, but if I get some time, I want to do some file comparisons between the latest OrDroid and ARHD 6.6.3. That is the only difference that I can think of.

AlphaX

Aug 1, 2009
Vancouver
I have ARHD 6.5.1
2.13 Skype is green
2.18 Instagram freeze

Not sure what the fix for this is, right now I just flash back n forth between the two.
Thanks,

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me
i get a hardcrash when trying to change the picture filters on instagram (the latest version)

So do I. I'm using the 2.18v2 and have posted about this here as well. So far only users with this new driver and the OrDroid ROM have had success with instagram filters. I'm assuming you too are not on the OrDroid ROM?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Luigiesin

papete

Jul 27, 2008
Instagram working fine

So do I. I'm using the 2.18v2 and have posted about this here as well. So far only users with this new driver and the OrDroid ROM have had success with instagram filters. I'm assuming you too are not on the OrDroid ROM?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I don't use Instagram, but just installed it to test. No problems applying filters. Using 218 drivers v2.

I use my own cooked ROM.

Apart from the Instagram non-issue for me, great improvement in FPS from 213 to 218....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ill make this topic since there is alot of confusion since the last Adreno 220 thread and people posting different results without saying which version they were running. Also i dumped the new gl files there and almost hijacked that topic.

These drivers always were in OrDroid from Shnizlon, tho they were reverted for a while since it did cause problems with InstaGram adding effects, tho that problem is also fixed now by shnizlon again so give him a thanks! Be also sure to check out his rom (OrDroid ofcourse)

As you can see; 2184622 is higher then 2131267 so suppose to be newer.
    These 2184622 lib files for Adreno come from the One Series.

From my experience, my fps increased in NenaMark2 by 15~.
    Scrolling webpage while playing a flash file is actually quite possible and not looking laggy.

------------------[downloads]------------------

OpenGL ES 2.0 2184622 (OrDroid_New_GL_V2.zip) -> see attachments (props for shnizlon making the zip)
    OpenGL ES 2.0 2131267 (props for gjcamp)

I will also upload one updated(2184622) GL version which people tested and confirmed working on the HTC Amaze, it might be possible that it even works on HP Touchpad and other Adreno 220 (200?) devices, but i can not guarantee anything, so flash at your own risk and make an nandroid!! This file can be found at attachments down under.

------------------[downloads]------------------

Now, you can report bugs if there are any for the 218 version since not many people are using it.

Here are some reviews from people if you are not interested yet.
    Skype fixed, Modern Combat 3 fixed, another Skype, fps increase like i experienced and also an Amaze user who can finnaly skype again with his daughter.

You can see on google if you search for "Sensation skype green problem" that there will be many results since ICS, if you have this problem you can flash 2184622 and it should be working.

Fun fact to know is, that 213 drivers wont work with skype and it IS skypes application which causes the problem.
    Skype is getting loads of forum messages!

ps; if you benchmark please benchmark with NenaMark2, made a post why its irrelevant to test quadrant for these drivers.

Report bugs and happy feelings here in this topic!, and it should not drain you battery more or heat up ur phone like mad, those are mostly just oc's kernel problems.

You can check which GL version you have with "OpenGLES Extension viewer"

Was tested ON Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2, ARHD, AOKP, openSensation, CoinDroid and more (all worked) and also Sense 3.6
    You can flash them through recovery, wipe cache and dalvik-cache.

***updated***

now works great with instagram, due to shnizlon making it work again.
    big thanks to him again! (making our Sensation more like its supposed to be)

see attachments for updated files (wipe both caches)
    You guys should try latest driver from OTA 3.33 included in ARHD 6.7.0. 218x driver performance w/o issues ! Even instagram is perfectly working. I'll post the link later.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28794115&postcount=74708
    On coindroid 1.5.2
    Bricked 1.1
    Performence gov 1742 x2

With old OpenGL
    34.2fps
    With new OpenGL
    47.3fps

A Nice Update :)
    Sent from my Sensation using XDA
    Here is the newest 218 GL. It is reported that Skype and Instagram are fully functional with this. I have not tested it myself yet.

Credit goes to Shniz - The Cook of OrDroid ROMs. This is not my work.

If credit belongs elsewhere, please let me know via PM and I will correct it.

I was in the middle of a battery test, but I couldn't wait. I just flashed it and will report shortly. I can not test skype, but I will test the Instagram. This will be on LeeDroid 7.3.0.

Edit: It let me take a picture and chose one from the gallery, allowed me to add the scene and upload it. It's working. I just don't use Facebook enough nor have I used Instagram before to know how to work the rest of it.
    Will this work on CM9 RC2? I do have the Skype problem of being green on the other device and upside down when my phone is in portrait mode. Landscape seemed to be fine. If I flash RC3, or a CM9 next release, will I need to flash this again? Thanks in advance!
    My Sensation is running FW 3.32

Yes, yes.