does anyone know how to make a android 4.0 card??

Search This thread

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
I was wondering if anyone could post a link or tell me how to make a bootable card for the nook color with only android 4.0??? i have a dualboot one but i only use the android 4.0

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I was wondering if anyone could post a link or tell me how to make a bootable card for the nook color with only android 4.0??? i have a dualboot one but i only use the android 4.0
Go here to learn how to make a single boot SD installation. Just sustititue CM9 wherever you see CM7.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12240928

Also use the generic image modified for the larger CM9 zip files. Get it here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23153010

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
which one do i pick???
The newest one that does not say opengl. The opengl versions are experimental and less stable. You get more features with it, like flash player compatibility, but it is definitely less stable.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
thanks ill try it, but can i use the same card that i already have a dual boot android on??

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
im kinda lost on how to make the card, do i first download the generic sdcard v1.3 img and burn it on but then how do i put CM9??

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
im kinda lost on how to make the card, do i first download the generic sdcard v1.3 img and burn it on but then how do i put CM9??
Put the burned card in your PC. It will show you the boot partition. Copy the CM9 zip there and put ithe card in the nook and boot. It will automatically add the new partitions to the SD and install CM9.

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
after i burned the image on the sd card and i try to copy the CM9 zip file its says it doesnt have enough space.....

imdaman99

Jan 10, 2010
NYC
where do i get the gapps that work with nook??

I used the one here

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version or what leapin said up there ^^ lol

i think its the one all the way at the bottom for cm9

Hey guys, when I installed ICS on my nook color, it won't ever let me get an app. I signed into my account, and out a few times. I restarted, I even installed it all over again but same results. It won't let me update an app, hell I think even surfing is going at snail-like pace.

So I bought a 4 gb card from ebay, and that one works perfectly even with a dual boot option. The problem is I cannot replicate that into a 16GB card, sigh. Did I do it wrong?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
So I bought a 4 gb card from ebay, and that one works perfectly even with a dual boot option. The problem is I cannot replicate that into a 16GB card, sigh. Did I do it wrong?
If you are talking about running CM9 off of an SD card, and the 4GB worked well and the 16 GB card kept giving you problems operating, then you have discovered what many before have found. Not all SD cards are created equal. There is a whole thread here on XDA that talks about how different brand and class cards make a difference in running ROMs on the nook. Size does not really matter, but brand and class do. They have found that SanDisk class 4 cards work the best, and cheap, so called higher class cards are the worst. The nook requires cards that give good performance writing many smaller files and higher class cards like 6, 8, and 10 do not perform well at that task. I bet your 16 GB card is a higher class or some no-name brand.