[APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Search This thread

BioVolt

Dec 5, 2008
Romford
Haven't tested it extensively yet, but will report more over time.

I am using it on My Galaxy S3 and seems to be working great except for the following, might also be important to mention that I run 240dpi :

1. Swype trail does not appear in landscape mode, (Working fine in portrait mode), although the trail doesn't appear, the words I swype do work.

Here is a quick video I made of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuMRVYQf7E

Last edited:

apen83

May 17, 2012
eau claire
Working great on my note2 running Jedi ROM. Was using smart keyboard and missed my numbers on top a great deal. Thanks for this great work dev. Love the customization and layout can't even tell its in beta honestly. :thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: subscribed as I see great things happening here :D
tester/zombie trainer/liaison

Last edited:

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Nice one, I prefer it to Swiftkey because this has a Chinese Pinyin input. Developers from China?

Tested on my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Works well.

Is it possible to set up use the swift up or down to use the secondary functions of a key (eg. "?""!""@") instead of long pressing?

Keep up the good work!

kasperstan

Nov 16, 2012
For me working fine. So far so good. Like it even more then swaype. Polish is me main language and I feel like been using unrooted
Nexus with working gesturing . A+ for you..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

TigTigerTig

May 22, 2012
Armagh
You've got yourself a day 1 buyer with me when this comes out of beta. Brilliant keyboard, I'm spoilt for choice in terms of options; exactly how I like it xD

RambJoe

Jul 29, 2010
Wow this is awesome.

What would make it even better though is if you can have padding around the actual keyboard, to the left or right, not just the keys. This would be useful for the Note 2. So you can do this:

Galaxy-Note-II-6.jpg

Carllim

Jul 27, 2012
Nice keyboard app!
Will definitely purchase if pro version of Kii keyboard is released.

One quick note: the description of language pack on the play store

☆Korean -조선어 is wrong translation. 조선어 should be replaced with 한국어...

chinthekng

May 22, 2012
Maryland
this is awesome love the swype feature but its a bit laggy in general. cant wait to see how you make this app better

Jrsharp70

Dec 11, 2012
Ugly, but surprisingly accurate and easy to use without looking at your thumbs.

I will always hate number keys in rows though.

Overall, a really good effort. Needs auto space work. For reference, I use Swift key flow and swype beta, with flow being my current fav.

polstein

Sep 9, 2007
Pretty good beginning. As others have mentioned, it's a touch laggy.

Couple other minor things: Sometimes I'm not getting an auto-caps letter after the period. There's no in-line editing (clicking on a word you typed a while ago & clicking on it to get a list of alternate words). I'd like an options to hide the secondary numbers/symbols (I know where the numbers are, and use the log-press on the period for everything else). Finally, as with all keyboards, I really miss the lack of keyboard macros/shortcuts.

kimboinatl

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
Loving it so far, definitely easier to correct mistakes than with swiftkey flow. It would be nice if you could add the ability to learn a person's typing habits from their emails, etc. but that's a pretty major feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dodgebizkit

This is my favorite keyboard of all, all the others get something right and a lit of things not right, this seems to have all the good features of all the keyboards except the glide to keyboard in the flow beta, and I wok be using this for the foreseeable future.

Will us beta testers get to keep the premium features when this is released? Not that I wouldn't pay for such a good keyboard:)

miniharo

Apr 17, 2012
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5
issit just me. or it's a direct copy off this app with a few tweaks?
the ui, keyboard, stock installed themes, customisation options and even the PRO labels are copied from..
or did i forget to read the credits, if there were even any given.

OP joined this month and has 2 posts only. seems non-legit that he came up with this and even the dictionaries are ripped..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...tmethod.latin.jelly.pro&feature=search_result

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kii Keyboard is an all new alternative android keyboard!

●Main features:
    ★Smart and accurate predictions
    ★User defined text shortcuts
    ★Extra number row on top
    ★Extra arrow row on top
    ★Swiftkey like next word prediction
    ★Gesture keyboard control
    ★Swype like gesture input
    ★Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
    ★Support iOS6 emoji input
    ★8 build-in HD themes
    ★Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
    ★Font and color customization
    ★Use any pictures as keyboard background
    ★True Multi-touch keyboard

●Support 34 languages:

kp64HJjY2OuZCjeAhDH_NUARM7INVdyibJvNZw3Ltt-qf7JWDpUCWS_5nEvUpyBuL8c=w124

Play store link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin
    Yea I went to download on my new phone and couldn't find it either! Hope they can do an alternative link or something

private temporary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y9czqxVYzVYmJ0OWVKVlNmUjQ/view?usp=sharing
    I also have google running but only 31mb not 80 like you. Wonder what the google thing is?

Sent from GNII by TapII

Guys, memory usage in modern operating system are designed to be dynamic. The system is designed in such a way that it will give as much memory as needed to an app (up to some maximum) if it has the memory available, the allocated memory will remain even when they are not being actively used. When another app (or process) needs memory, the system automatically reallocate the unused memory from one app to this other app that needs them. This memory reallocation takes time so the system will not do it unless it's necessary.

This is why on some devices you see an app uses more memory and on some devices it uses less. For example, on mine phone, Kii Keyboard is currently using 20MB of memory. If you see an app uses a lot of memory, it may just mean the system has enough memory to go around and therefore does not need to reallocate unused memory from one app to another.

Monitoring an app's memory usage is the developers' problem, not something an user should be concerned about. From an user perspective, you should just be concerning about whether the app is performing well/smoothly, if it is, there's really no need to care about how much memory it uses.
    Kii keyboard is based off the android 4.2 keyboard, that's why you find many similarities between many of these ports. We are all trying to take the good ides from different keyboards and incorporate them, so yes many features are inspired by different keyboards on the market. I have definitely tried many of these alternative keyboards.

I've used the other JB keyboard and when I tried this one I presumed it was off the 4.2 base with improvements & additional options/features.

But, I haven't looked at the 2 we mentioned to compare menu by menu - are they that close?

--

EDIT: Trying to compare the three keyboards. They all even seem to have some different options of what they can & can't do (does the one by VLLWP have swipe like ability that I'm just missing?). Emoticon is on the enter key on two of them, and a letter on one. Long press on the period gives slightly different menus. Long press on the ?123 key is much better on the Kii keyboard.

So,to me, this doesn't look like a direct rip of one of the ones in the market - this looks like it started as a port of the 4.2 keyboard that he is trying to improve.

Of all 3, I'd stick with whoever keeps trying to improve on it, even if they all started as ports.
    I'm really missing ability to correct already made words. I mean swipe a whole SMS then you find a mistake, you click on bad words and choose another from the bar. Here I have to double click, delete and reswipe

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium