[Hangout][postponed][Hamilton, ON] Turge appreciation day.

Search This thread

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
UPDATE: postponed. Post if you are still interested

Okay guys, I've run a LOT of roms on four different phones. From my experience I can see that not only is Turge one of the most talented rom devs at xda, but also one of the hardest working.

We all owe him! And he lives in my town ;)

Here's my idea...but first...

Turge: I can totally understand that someone might not feel comfortable doing this, and if so, that's totally cool. Meeting people from the internet is always a gamble. But if you are down, I think it would be fun. (I'm not a psycho, fyi)

K, here's the idea: we pitch in a little bit of cash and basically I take him out for a night on the town. It can be whatever he wants, whether it be a couple of pints and wings, movie, friggin laser tag, paintball, whatever.

The way I figure it, donations are great! but often money just gets gobbled up by bills or whatever. This way we are basically ensuring him to have a good time with our gifts because we are grateful for all his hard work!

What do you all think? Is it too weird, or is it a good idea?

We can figure out the details later if we are all on board.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
Re: Turge appreciation day.

lol.. I appreciate the gesture but the real dev when it comes to Viper roms is m0narx (the lead dev for the international one x+ device). I mean, we all do our share but he's the brains behind this operation and without him, we probably wouldn't exist.

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

lol.. I appreciate the gesture but the real dev when it comes to Viper roms is m0narx (the lead dev for the international one x+ device). I mean, we all do our share but he's the brains behind this operation and without him, we probably wouldn't exist.

Fair enough, my man of humility. I'm sure this still takes a pretty decent chunk of your time, so its not like that info changes my mind.

Can you really turn down free wings and beer? Laser tag?! Lol

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

Where do you guys live

Sent from my evita using Tapatalk 2

Hamilton (if you haven't gathered hah). Where are you?

Sundowners @ Niagra Falls?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

hmmmm. Not my style dude lol. That's just me though.

Wish I could join you guys back in my old town (I'm an ex-Hamiltonian, recognize my avatar?)

Yeah guy! That's the pigott building. I had to look that up, but I know the one!

Last edited:

sinco54

May 15, 2012
portland oregon

We all owe him! And he lives in my town

I wish I owed him, my lol piece of bullcrap xl doesnt like his roms for one reason or another, I've tried every version of viper going back to the OG days when it was first released and my phone acks lika lil chicken head beeyatch on it. I'm jealous of all you getting to enjoy his highly customizable goodness ala awesome cause I'm a flash slut and as you know one xl development is limited.. I hate this phone and the fact that the screen won't let me go to a different device, HTC has the hooks in me for now but dammit my day is coming to up up up to equivalent piece.... Turge, id make the Opie give you a handie... :D also can't wait to use some of your stuff when I go to one of the 2 devices I'm contemplating, I'm sure they're rad awesome tabular!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Jash_94

Oct 10, 2011
Personally I think this is an amazing idea :D. First of all team venom is an inspiration to me & the fact that he lives in Hamilton a city away, is just mind blowing. Thanks to him I've showed my friends the endless possibilities of a custom ROM. Being 18 and learning all about linux, and android has made me want to learn even more and maybe one day try my hand at a custom Rom. Personally I really appreciate turges& team venoms work and have always been happy with all his releases. I know he has to deal with a lot of vs but thank you for providing an amazing Rom with amazing functionality. It actually be cool to meet you one day turge :good:

Reactions: =JKT=

sinco54

May 15, 2012
portland oregon

I live in south Louisiana... an hour from the Superdome. Come pick me up? Lol

Man o man o man o man.. good ole LA... yeah.. did time in ft Polk, guys don't know what chaffing is till they spent a summer in LA.. and bugs.. holy god, the flying insects are like racoons with wings and 10 inch fangs...

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

Man o man o man o man.. good ole LA... yeah.. did time in ft Polk, guys don't know what chaffing is till they spent a summer in LA.. and bugs.. holy god, the flying insects are like racoons with wings and 10 inch fangs...

Heard that. Wish I didn't hear it but I heard that lol...

Ft Polk? Pshh thats way up north from me.. I can squat in my backyard to drop a yacht and the turd would roll into the gulf I live so close to it.

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

Seems like turge ain't that interested. That's cool :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton

Set it up and I'll show up ;)

Sweet!

No trying to be a downer, but I'm not really down with a strip joint...hope you guys understand...lol

Any other ideas? I'm down with hitting Augusta for pints and nachos or whatever, or something sillier like bowling or go carts or something.

Also, my daughter is due to be born in two days, so I'm thinking this would be fun maybe right at the end of Feb or start of march.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would have enjoyed meeting a few of you guys for a few drinks and laughs because I live in Buffalo New york in the US only about an hour drive away but I don't have a enhanced liscense or a passport so I can't cross the bridge. Hope you guys have fun and maybe there will be another time in the future that I'll be able to make it.

XDA Moderator
    UPDATE: postponed. Post if you are still interested

Okay guys, I've run a LOT of roms on four different phones. From my experience I can see that not only is Turge one of the most talented rom devs at xda, but also one of the hardest working.

We all owe him! And he lives in my town ;)

Here's my idea...but first...

Turge: I can totally understand that someone might not feel comfortable doing this, and if so, that's totally cool. Meeting people from the internet is always a gamble. But if you are down, I think it would be fun. (I'm not a psycho, fyi)

K, here's the idea: we pitch in a little bit of cash and basically I take him out for a night on the town. It can be whatever he wants, whether it be a couple of pints and wings, movie, friggin laser tag, paintball, whatever.

The way I figure it, donations are great! but often money just gets gobbled up by bills or whatever. This way we are basically ensuring him to have a good time with our gifts because we are grateful for all his hard work!

What do you all think? Is it too weird, or is it a good idea?

We can figure out the details later if we are all on board.

I'll take Turge to a hockey game

Then throw beer at him.....

He's mad at me cause my team is doing better than his sh!tty team.
    Seems like turge ain't that interested. That's cool :)

Set it up and I'll show up ;)