nexus has LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mempf

Mar 23, 2010
Vancouver
Could this be fixed? would there be a way to use the old radio on 4.2.2? or am I going back to 4.2.1 forever.

Yes I just tested this.

I have a stock 4.2.2 Nexus 4 running the older 2.0.1700.33 radio and LTE works again.

In order to do this you would need to unlock the bootloader to flash the old radio though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-13-18-20-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-18-20-25.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Reactions: costas80

thebryceee

May 20, 2012
LTE in Vegas!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360811091057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360811091057.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 476
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360811099511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360811099511.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 513

thebryceee

May 20, 2012
I get faster download speeds on HSPA+ 42 but the upload speeds and ping is a lot better. Yes it's on T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360811746738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360811746738.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 410

thebryceee

May 20, 2012
Although now SMS won't work :/

It sends fine on HSPA so I'm not sure why LTE breaks SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Edit: I can receive SMS, send and receive MMS but not send SMS. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
My shot in the dark: You probably need to add something into the APN regarding the nonexistent LTE support.

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
Although now SMS won't work :/

It sends fine on HSPA so I'm not sure why LTE breaks SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Edit: I can receive SMS, send and receive MMS but not send SMS. Anyone have any ideas?

there is a tick box for sms over something in the 4636 menu. (Sorry, don't have my n4 on me )
edit: used battery monitor.
duvyzabu.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: thebryceee

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Bradford West Gwillimbury
I got this official answer from Google Regarding LTE incompatibility on new radio.

"Nexus 4 hardware and software were not designed to be compatible with LTE, and future LTE capability on today's Nexus 4 will not be possible because of hardware and software incompatibilities. We've heard reports that some users have reconfigured their Nexus 4 to enable LTE under rare circumstances, but it is uncertified and unsupported."

honbut

May 4, 2010
I got this official answer from Google Regarding LTE incompatibility on new radio.

"Nexus 4 hardware and software were not designed to be compatible with LTE, and future LTE capability on today's Nexus 4 will not be possible because of hardware and software incompatibilities. We've heard reports that some users have reconfigured their Nexus 4 to enable LTE under rare circumstances, but it is uncertified and unsupported."

Well they say that only cause they weren't allowed to have it on due to FCC regulations which requires them to patch it and have it incapacitated :rolleyes: hopefully my N4 isnt on the new baseband =O....

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Well they say that only cause they weren't allowed to have it on due to FCC regulations which requires them to patch it and have it incapacitated :rolleyes: hopefully my N4 isnt on the new baseband =O....

It suck big time. Especially since you buy something knowing LTE can be turned on and then the company that made a device that's so open to everyone, now makes an update specifically fuking up the LTE.
This is exactly what Apple would do, nice going Google

They should have done this right away in 4.2.1

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
It suck big time. Especially since you buy something knowing LTE can be turned on and then the company that made a device that's so open to everyone, now makes an update specifically fuking up the LTE.
This is exactly what Apple would do, nice going Google

They should have done this right away in 4.2.1

Don't blame Google, it's the FCC that's preventing use of the LTE chip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: shotta35

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Don't blame Google, it's the FCC that's preventing use of the LTE chip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

FCC is AMERICAN, phone is made in Korea, sold in many more countries. Who am I to blame living in Canada? I could care less for FCC, Google sold me the phone with LTE now there is no LTE, not fare.

Everyone is moving towards LTE and now I am stuck with a good phone, but a phone that is not future friendly. Before 4.2.2 I was gonna keep it for good, now need to look at selling in in a year.

I am just saying it's not fare at all, upseting as this phone is nothing but just something to hold me up till next year. Disappointing, at least with Apple or Sams. you know what you are getting, they control the soft, never thought such OPEN Google will do this.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Exactly, and it's not like there wont be a rom that enables LTE cooked up by the developers. Be patient, the roms will start flooding in in a few
Weeks.

It has nothing to do with ROM, it's the radio. Max u get is no RIL, no one patches Radios.

There I think one max two ROMS now that added the LTE option, why would someone do this since it's only available in Canada anyway.

Reactions: subxero123

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
FCC is AMERICAN, phone is made in Korea, sold in many more countries. Who am I to blame living in Canada? I could care less for FCC, Google sold me the phone with LTE now there is no LTE, not fare.

Everyone is moving towards LTE and now I am stuck with a good phone, but a phone that is not future friendly. Before 4.2.2 I was gonna keep it for good, now need to look at selling in in a year.

I am just saying it's not fare at all, upseting as this phone is nothing but just something to hold me up till next year. Disappointing, at least with Apple or Sams. you know what you are getting, they control the soft, never thought such OPEN Google will do this.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

It has nothing to do with ROM, it's the radio. Max u get is no RIL, no one patches Radios.

There I think one max two ROMS now that added the LTE option, why would someone do this since it's only available in Canada anyway.

Update just went live, be patient. I bought the n4 before my note 2. At half the price, its a steal, I am nothing but happy with it.

Addsome

Feb 1, 2013

Every single thread I see your posting this nonsense. Like seriously man, it is not advertised with having LTE. Sell your device we really dont care. That spelling of "fair" is REALLY annoying me somehow. If you want LTE on 4.2.2, flash the 4.2.1 radio, if not... then sell your device. Stop spamming every single LTE thread thats here with this nonsense.

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Every single thread I see your posting this nonsense. Like seriously man, it is not advertised with having LTE. Sell your device we really dont care. That spelling of "fair" is REALLY annoying me somehow. If you want LTE on 4.2.2, flash the 4.2.1 radio, if not... then sell your device. Stop spamming every single LTE thread thats here with this nonsense.

Why are you on LTE thread if you don;t care for LTE?

by your logic, I don;t care for you, so stop being on XDA.

I don;t want to sell it thats the whole point, I would have bought it. LTE is not a hack, are you saying XDA is a hack?? it was made here how to do it.

And yea, sorry Mr. English man, thanks for the lesson in spelling.

Let's see you spell this "Иди Нахуи"

And if you don;t like seeing what I say, then put me in ignore, ups you don;t know how to do that Mr. I am the greatest. You going to my ignore see you.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

First off Google did not sell you a phone with LTE. They never advertised it as having LTE. You only received LTE by using an unapproved hack which you can still use on any 4.2.1 ROM.

It's not a hack it was a line in build.prob that was discovered here, so XDA is a hack????
Why are you in the LTE thread if your phone has no LTE???

Clearly people care, if there are so many thread about it, don;t u think??

I know it did not come official with it, but why did they put it there for us to discover and everyone talk about it, and now just killed it. I am just upset, and not advertised does not really cut it as valid excuse in this circumstance.

Anyway, I'll shut up I about it, nothing I can do.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Update just went live, be patient. I bought the n4 before my note 2. At half the price, its a steal, I am nothing but happy with it.

Yea but it's not the ROM.

An I am tired of reading so much to fix it:))
Anyways, I hope some one who cares as much as me will fix it.

Reactions: subxero123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have managed to get LTE to stick as the default without needing to factory reset the phone.

First of all you need to modify the build.prop file and add this this line:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    You may need to remove a line that says:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

After doing this reset the Nexus 4.

After it restarts go into Settings, More..., Mobile networks.

A new menu option should exist called Network Mode. In this menu you can pick the default mode and change between then.

This should stick between reboots without needing to factory reset the phone. This will need to be done again when flashing a new rom as it will overwrite the build.prop file. This was all tested on CM10.1 nightly builds.
    Ok, ok. Somebody, now find that hidden SD slot !!!!!!!!!!
    Woot! I demand infinity thankyous!

Just kidding of course, but I assume you put in the 9? If so, then all the lines you need to add in build.prop are:

telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

...followed by a factory reset of your device
    See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!