Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Search This thread

mikdugal1

Jul 1, 2009
This is getting annoying. I know I can remove it and stick a regular protector on. there's something about modifying otterbox case that I don't like... I'm a huge believer in otterbox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360766620406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360766620406.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 494

jbreeze228

Aug 12, 2011
Biloxi, Mississippi
This is getting annoying. I know I can remove it and stick a regular protector on. there's something about modifying otterbox case that I don't like... I'm a huge believer in otterbox

Holy crap! First time I would have seen that I would have ripped that screen protector off.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

gpgalanis

Dec 2, 2012
Just remove it an place another on the screen. I did it and I am really happy. Having used many cases including the Commuter I can say that without any doubt the Defender is the best case in terms of protection and for my taste it is not too bulky.

On the negative side some people calling me experienced some echo problems that lately seem to disappear on their own.

DualSportDad

Apr 29, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl.
Remove the screen protector and put a stock on one on the screen. But beware that all that dirty will be inside the case after that and test up the sides of your phone.

For me this will be my list otterbox case. I wouldn't have minded the cost if it was made in America but to pay this kinda of money for Chinese quality is ridiculous.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
Ive had my knight colored defender for a month now and i really have nothing bad to say. I did take the screen protector off and replace it with an ebay cheapo. It looks awesome. I dont have the echo problem everyone is talking about. The best thing i can say about this case is this is the 1st defender ive owned where the silicone is just a snug as it was on day one. The case still fits very good and looks awesome. Im extremely happy with my purchase

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mikdugal1

Jul 1, 2009
I'll eventually take it off I just clean it twice a week... I live in a well cleaned house my phone obviously says different

mikdugal1

Jul 1, 2009
Just took the protector off and as I suspected the case creeks on the side when you squeeze it ugh..

Has anyone experienced the side of the case scraping your stick on screen protector up? I haven't but I feel like it could grab the side

gpgalanis

Dec 2, 2012
It does seem to creek but still it is much better with the screen protector off. To be honest the Defender case isn't the best manufacturered case but still it is the best protective one. Unfortunately it is also really expensive. But all things considered this is the case I plan to keep using.

Reactions: mikdugal1

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
Sv: Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

I got the case today and it's freaking huge :) But at least I can now play all the note-hockey I want with no worries.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

acb77

May 1, 2011
Just a reminder, with screen off : a couple strips of electrical tape down each side will stop creaking

griffen97023

Apr 13, 2011
beaverton
Any one know how to turn down the mic sensitivity in this phone. Just got my replacement otter box in and it echos too. Anyone else with this echo I'm on sprint. Titanium note 2

heartyparty

Sep 3, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
+1 on the Mike sensitivity.

Got my defender but the echo is quite bad.

Still not sure on the screen protector either.

Have contacted otterbox as the power button was so bad the phone just constantly switched on and off continously.

Will see what they say.

Cheers

Hp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

TheBDub

Jun 9, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Got my replacement Otterbox today, which was a Commuter instead of a Defender.

The rubber layer is super flimsy, but no echo problem at least.

Maybe I'll buy a Seidio Convert case next time, since the design looks cool, and there is a kickstand integrated into the case.

griffen97023

Apr 13, 2011
beaverton
K my buddy just bought new note 2 two weeks after me. Same carrier and same color. I even threw my back on it just for test purposes. No echo on his with using my otterbox. Guess I will head to sprint and see what they say.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

With the echoes are you using your own screen protector? Or the otterbox one?

westkhalifa13

Dec 11, 2012
Yea Ive had my defender case for about a week and its the best case ive owned I have a few samsung cases as well flip covers and protective cases but the otterbox is just perfect I have no worries placing it anywhere I go . Its protected my only downfall that I disliked was the fact it didnt have a cover for the spen . Other than that its perfect with or without screen protector

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

griffen97023

Apr 13, 2011
beaverton
K my buddy just bought new note 2 two weeks after me. Same carrier and same color. I even threw my back on it just for test purposes. No echo on his with using my otterbox. Guess I will head to sprint and see what they say.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

With the echoes are you using your own screen protector? Or the otterbox one?

just tracked down my echo it was the rom i was using it was only heard when using the OtterBox i was on jellybomb 12.1 just flashed back to stock and no more echo

jaleroca

Jul 17, 2010
Chicago-Berkely
Hi. I have recieved my Defender case but unfortunately as a friend mentioned before people who call me experience echo problems. More spesifically I can hear them fine but they hear their voices twice. I tried the case also with my wifes Note and the echo problem is the same. It only disappears when I remove the outer silicone. I have contacted Otterbox and they agreed to send me a replacement case but I am really worried that this might be a design issue rather than a defective case one.

What is your experience with the Defender? Do you experience any similar problems? Please note that I use a stock rom.

PS. The Commuter works flawlessly.

Otterbox sent me a new case. I still have the echo problem. I guess their is no fix for this. But strangely my buddy has the same phone (verizon I'm on Tmobile) and case he has no echo

dominick_7

Feb 4, 2007
I've had my Otter Box Defender case since the 24th of Dec. Got it from AT&T store locally. Love the case. I like the protection it offers. I Like the button feel for the volume and power buttons. Living in the dessert there is a lot of dust. I Don't like the hole for the home button in the screen protector. Dust got in and put a dust sized nick in my screen, so I used some clear tape and covered it up on both sides of the screen protector. no more dust under the home button. I'm going to replace the screen protector with ether a tempered glass protector or the feels like glass protector. I usually use invisesheld, but the s pen doesn't feel good with that screen protector.

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Did you ever get the Voyager 2/tempered glass solution? Was wondering how that worked with the Otterbox Defender case. Was wondering if someone put one of those home button stickers on if it wouldn't also close up the home button hole space?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I got the case today and it's freaking huge :) But at least I can now play all the note-hockey I want with no worries.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

How would you say it is for holding in one hand and doing drawing or painting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages and I finally got my hands on the Otterbox Defender last night. It really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for. I personally like the look of the grey case but the wait for that is still about a month I believe.

Link - http://youtu.be/p7q4EWQfxPs?hd=1

Any questions or feedback are more than welcome
    DISCOVERY

Hey guys, hopefully Otterbox doesnt go through this website lol but anyways..

I was able to place an order for the Otterbox Defender case yesterday directly on their website.

If you go to their site, once the site with the case loads, you will see the add button on the page for a split second before it changes to Coming Soon message, if you click on Add in that split second, it will add it to your cart and you can check out, I placed the order yesterday and it was shipped out yesterday and I should have it on Wednesday of next week already according to FedEx.

Hope this helps for someone because I know that I am a happy camper right now lol
    Otterbox Defender in the car-dock

For everyone that decided to go for the Otterbox Defender we here at IBOLT are just finishing up the active car-dock designed for the Note II & with use of Otterbox cases in particular. See new images below how the gray case looks when in the Dock.
    I just picked up the case and the volume buttons do suck to press :mad: The silicone on the volume feel squishy but needs to be pushed all the way down to make the volume go up or down. I'm a bit disappointed cause the power button feels so perfect. Hopefully I get used to it because I do like the case.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Don't think it well get any better cause the silicone tabs on the inside just aren't long enough.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found a cheap solution for this issue. What I did was use some 3M stick tape (the stuff thats basically 2 sided tape but is Styrofoam) I cut a piece long enoug to cover the volume up and down on the inside of the rubber. I took the paper off that side so that it would stick but left the paper on the side that would make contact with the buttons. Put the case back on the phone and the volume buttons work effortlessly as the power button.

1355149889616.jpg

Nothing fancy but it fixes the problem.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............