What would you like to see on the Galaxy S5?

Search This thread

awesomedeals88

Oct 13, 2010
Now that the Galaxy S4 is out, lets speculate on the Galaxy S5?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ChronoReverse

Jun 14, 2010
Make breakfast for me.

A non-laggy Touchwiz with updated UI (read: not looking like Gingerbread) would be nice too.

Nankov

Jun 23, 2010
Niagara Falls, ON
I will like to see the unbreakable/bendable screen used but straight as it is now and not bended in any way. The breakable screens are the biggest issue with todays smartphones i believe and Samsung is about to change that. Also fix all the amoled issues like: burn in, tint, ghosting etc.. I will still like to see plastic being used for the device just more premium texture used, as plastic is more durable, flexible, scratch resistant and shock absorbant than say aluminum and glass... Other than that i believe Samsung is doing everything else right.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Euthye

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Really guys? I'd think it would be beneficial for everybody, especially Samsung, for them to release source so the developers can bring out the true potential of the hardware, rather than Samsung pulling an apple on us and limiting our options with the software.

my gnote2 is bigger than your puny iPhone.

Diamond 2 owner

Aug 18, 2010

or at least, S Lag should be user customizable in settings menu (i.e. S Lag [Enabled/Disabled]), like it is for menu animation speed

other nice features:
- one, world unified CPU/chipset platform with support for developers,
- I want FM Radio back!!!,
- feature for easy/safe uninstallation all extra software which user don't want/need, without risking instability,
- wireless charging receiver built in by default or back cover available/orderable on day 1,
- dual SIM available on every market,
- USB 3.0 (faster transfering files from/to PC),
- notofication LED placed on the edge of screen, so it would be visible from the top and from the side (even if the flip case is closed),
- lanyard hook,
- switch to the nano SIM (if it would help decrease size/weight),
- separated (independent form micro USB/MHL) micro HDMI port,
- xenon flash lamp,
- small (i.e. 1mm height) foots on the front and back, protecting screen and back cover from scratches when placed on the table,
- rubber cover for the mini jack port fixed to the chassis, protecting this port from dust when port is not used,
- speaker placement or construction eliminating its attenuation when phone is placed on the table,
- stereo speakers,
- Wolfson DAC on every version,
- FM transmitter,
- full support for UHS-I flash cards (speeds above 20MB/s),
- 3.5 mini jack port with dual headset compatibility (Android/Apple) selectable in setting menu,
- S View cover 2.0 with transparent window for WHOLE screen (not only small one) or just transparent Flip case,
- HD Voice indicator in dialer,
- call recording option in stock dialer,
- warranty status info in the settings menu (sale/first run date, how long left, country limitations, repairs). It would mean that buying it from second hand would be more safe, so it would better keep its price like it is for iPhone.
- tripod screw hole on the bottom,
- changed idea of fixing S View/Flip case to the phone. Right know it is hold by replaced back cover, which means that we can't have flip case and extended battery (or wireless charging) option in the same time. S View/Flip case should be fixed to the side phone frame by two small screws, so it would be independent form back cover.
- implemented eCall (it is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union) feature. When S5 sensor detect excessive shock while it was running with car speed during last 15 minutes, it should trigger notification for user. if user would not cancel this notification during 2 minutes, it should call emergency services and provide them GPS location.
- S bullet proof vest - voice command service working in the background should be able to detect sound of gun shots and call the police.
- S Health 3.0 should support RFID human chip implants (body temperature, heart rate, blood presure, intoxicated/sober, pregnant/not pregnant...),
- S Beam feature (sending data through NFC by touching two phones) should be enhanced to allow sending battery charge in that way (you could borrow 20% of battery from friend when you are running out of it),
- fart gas sensor with immediate notification posts on FB, tweeter and Samsung ChatOn,

I believe, that S5 will be the right moment for Samsung, to start selling them directly to customers through Samsung website, with extra customization (i.e. flash memory size, extra Samsung uSD card, Samsung apt.x headset, cover, ext battery, etc.). With exact availability and delivery date. Worldwide. I don't want any more mess with dozen retailers who have no idea WHEN, Exynos or Snapdragon, LTE or NOT...

I hope that somebody from Samsung product development team is reading this thread and some of our proposals will come true.

Last edited:

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
Galaxy S5 must have

1. S-Slap(Smart Slap): While watching video, you looks elsewhere , and a Hand pops out of the screen and slaps you for negligence.

2. Tongue Scrolling(Enough with Hand movements, and Gestures made through hands and Airview).Time to get something new with Tongue.

3.S-Gun : A feature to shoot videos (Over 1 GB ) to friends with an embedded trigger from Samsung .

4. S-Travel: Minimises the effort to walk and just plug in you phone to your shoe Pocket(And it would show u direction without thinking of the address).

5. S-Handle: With SAMSUNG making phones over 6 inches in 2013, we will soon have a phone with 1 feet screen and 64TB HDD , with 32GB RAM .

(To keep such a Huge Phone in pocket would not be wise, Hence S-Handle).
You will have a Belt Pouch , to keep your Phone.

Implementation Shown Below.

6. S-Shield : Inorder to protect your Phone from Icoming Virus Attacks(Must be sold as an Accessory).

7.S-Sex: You can have the option to enjoy sex with your wife while on Office Travel (Using 6G services).

8. S-Zoom : With S-Zoom, we can watch the topography of the Moon , or other Planets by just zooming our
Camera Lenses .

9. SAMSUNG ..... What's Next ?

GET US A GOOD DEVICE LIKE YOU GAVE US GALAXY SII , I m pissed off with my SIV due to Over heating Issues.
CANT EVEN BEAR ME THE TIME TO CHECK MY FB STATUS, IT heats up to 50Degrees and I bought it for Rs.41,500 .

galaxys5_zps5eff726f.jpg

Phoneattendant_zps68cbdccf.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

388122_135314943325134_1789697208_n.jpg

Mandatory Accessory with Galaxy S5 : S-Helmet

After you pay up for your 1 feet Mobile at a Hefty Price, Wearing this helmet will let you forget what you paid and wasted ........

PICTURE DIRECT FROM SAMSUNG LABS.

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Fix TW, it's ridiculous with lag on the most powerful phone on the planet :) Just make i smooth, less memory and cpu hungry and make all your inventions work like they should...

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk 2

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Now that the Galaxy S4 is out, lets speculate on the Galaxy S5?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Well I heard from reliable sources that the S5 will go back to 4.8 inches with 1080P non pentile super AMOLED HD display, still 13MP camera but with a 5 mp front facing camera, 2900mah battery ( sealed this time) and a Ceasar salad with extra croutons and the dressing on the side.

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
Id like to see a 64gb version with 32 gb bloat pre installed
Tw 6.0 in which hands come out and slap you if you fall asleep in front of the device
16 cores -> 8x cortex a15 and 8x cortex a7 and 4 gb ram but it should still lag
And last but not the least it should like similar to s4/s3 following sammy's 'why fix it if it ain't broken ' - design principle :p
#nooffense

---------------------------------
Still confused between Samsung Galaxy S4 and 10 acres of land in London :rolleyes:

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Yep. This thread is stupid and a good reason why Samsung doesn't take customers and clients seriously.

my gnote2 is bigger than your puny iPhone.

vampyren

May 14, 2011
To be serious i would love to have dual sim plus 32gig as standard model, 16 is to small when half is full of the OS. I love the SD but for application i think 32 should be
the lowest model.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
No 16GB version. The S4 for a lot of people is a modern day G1, when correlating app size then to now. 32GB should be the minimum option.

JustSueMe

Oct 22, 2012
London
cheaper price + develop a x86 or x64 to fit in the phone. fully open source. bootloader should be grub. pocket pc linux with a phone app to call and sms would be cool =) lol

if your going to find the best selling point for a phone. well.... that would be it.

==================================
Atrix 4g rooted w/ epinter cm10.1
Samsung galaxy s4 rooted w/ official status.
==================================

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A built in taser that automatically shocks the user anytime they start a thread already speculating about next years version ;)

or at least, S Lag should be user customizable in settings menu (i.e. S Lag [Enabled/Disabled]), like it is for menu animation speed

other nice features:
    - one, world unified CPU/chipset platform with support for developers,
    - I want FM Radio back!!!,
    - feature for easy/safe uninstallation all extra software which user don't want/need, without risking instability,
    - wireless charging receiver built in by default or back cover available/orderable on day 1,
    - dual SIM available on every market,
    - USB 3.0 (faster transfering files from/to PC),
    - notofication LED placed on the edge of screen, so it would be visible from the top and from the side (even if the flip case is closed),
    - lanyard hook,
    - switch to the nano SIM (if it would help decrease size/weight),
    - separated (independent form micro USB/MHL) micro HDMI port,
    - xenon flash lamp,
    - small (i.e. 1mm height) foots on the front and back, protecting screen and back cover from scratches when placed on the table,
    - rubber cover for the mini jack port fixed to the chassis, protecting this port from dust when port is not used,
    - speaker placement or construction eliminating its attenuation when phone is placed on the table,
    - stereo speakers,
    - Wolfson DAC on every version,
    - FM transmitter,
    - full support for UHS-I flash cards (speeds above 20MB/s),
    - 3.5 mini jack port with dual headset compatibility (Android/Apple) selectable in setting menu,
    - S View cover 2.0 with transparent window for WHOLE screen (not only small one) or just transparent Flip case,
    - HD Voice indicator in dialer,
    - call recording option in stock dialer,
    - warranty status info in the settings menu (sale/first run date, how long left, country limitations, repairs). It would mean that buying it from second hand would be more safe, so it would better keep its price like it is for iPhone.
    - tripod screw hole on the bottom,
    - changed idea of fixing S View/Flip case to the phone. Right know it is hold by replaced back cover, which means that we can't have flip case and extended battery (or wireless charging) option in the same time. S View/Flip case should be fixed to the side phone frame by two small screws, so it would be independent form back cover.
    - implemented eCall (it is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union) feature. When S5 sensor detect excessive shock while it was running with car speed during last 15 minutes, it should trigger notification for user. if user would not cancel this notification during 2 minutes, it should call emergency services and provide them GPS location.
    - S bullet proof vest - voice command service working in the background should be able to detect sound of gun shots and call the police.
    - S Health 3.0 should support RFID human chip implants (body temperature, heart rate, blood presure, intoxicated/sober, pregnant/not pregnant...),
    - S Beam feature (sending data through NFC by touching two phones) should be enhanced to allow sending battery charge in that way (you could borrow 20% of battery from friend when you are running out of it),
    - fart gas sensor with immediate notification posts on FB, tweeter and Samsung ChatOn,

I believe, that S5 will be the right moment for Samsung, to start selling them directly to customers through Samsung website, with extra customization (i.e. flash memory size, extra Samsung uSD card, Samsung apt.x headset, cover, ext battery, etc.). With exact availability and delivery date. Worldwide. I don't want any more mess with dozen retailers who have no idea WHEN, Exynos or Snapdragon, LTE or NOT...

I hope that somebody from Samsung product development team is reading this thread and some of our proposals will come true.
    Galaxy S5 must have

1. S-Slap(Smart Slap): While watching video, you looks elsewhere , and a Hand pops out of the screen and slaps you for negligence.

2. Tongue Scrolling(Enough with Hand movements, and Gestures made through hands and Airview).Time to get something new with Tongue.

3.S-Gun : A feature to shoot videos (Over 1 GB ) to friends with an embedded trigger from Samsung .

4. S-Travel: Minimises the effort to walk and just plug in you phone to your shoe Pocket(And it would show u direction without thinking of the address).

5. S-Handle: With SAMSUNG making phones over 6 inches in 2013, we will soon have a phone with 1 feet screen and 64TB HDD , with 32GB RAM .

(To keep such a Huge Phone in pocket would not be wise, Hence S-Handle).
    You will have a Belt Pouch , to keep your Phone.

Implementation Shown Below.

6. S-Shield : Inorder to protect your Phone from Icoming Virus Attacks(Must be sold as an Accessory).

7.S-Sex: You can have the option to enjoy sex with your wife while on Office Travel (Using 6G services).

8. S-Zoom : With S-Zoom, we can watch the topography of the Moon , or other Planets by just zooming our
    Camera Lenses .

9. SAMSUNG ..... What's Next ?

GET US A GOOD DEVICE LIKE YOU GAVE US GALAXY SII , I m pissed off with my SIV due to Over heating Issues.
    CANT EVEN BEAR ME THE TIME TO CHECK MY FB STATUS, IT heats up to 50Degrees and I bought it for Rs.41,500 .

galaxys5_zps5eff726f.jpg

Phoneattendant_zps68cbdccf.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

388122_135314943325134_1789697208_n.jpg

Mandatory Accessory with Galaxy S5 : S-Helmet

After you pay up for your 1 feet Mobile at a Hefty Price, Wearing this helmet will let you forget what you paid and wasted ........

PICTURE DIRECT FROM SAMSUNG LABS.
    A free camel with every s5 sold would help