Main board replacement?

Search This thread

jtc442

Oct 4, 2009
Wellington, Colorado
So my wife's power switch finally quit on her s2. We have since upgraded to note 3's, and gave our s2's to our daughters. I was going to just get the power switch replaced, but found a great deal on a complete mother board. Is there anything special that I will need to do to replace the board, other than unplugging all the connections and hooking up new board? Thanks in advance.

Nope, everything should be like butter. As long as the boards are identical it should just fit n snap. I have 2 t989's that id switch boards once in a while for fun, after 4-5 times, one of my boards stopped showing display but works with hdmi adapter to my big screen. Guess too many snaps on the board or something. Any problems, hit me up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jtc442

jtc442

Oct 4, 2009
Wellington, Colorado
Nope, everything should be like butter. As long as the boards are identical it should just fit n snap. I have 2 t989's that id switch boards once in a while for fun, after 4-5 times, one of my boards stopped showing display but works with hdmi adapter to my big screen. Guess too many snaps on the board or something. Any problems, hit me up.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info!!. I have the board out already, very simple for sure. I just didnt know if it would need to be reflashed or something like that. Im guessing I might have to update it and restore her phone and apps more than likely? The board should be here by Friday. Picked it up off of ebay for 40 bucks with a 30 day guarantee to be in fully working condition, crossing fingers. Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.