Motorola S705 SoundPilot review? Impressions? Anyone?

Search This thread

jomo25

Mar 1, 2005
I like it, it serves its purpose for me. Though some people have mentioned that it has a fundamental design flaw. That it plays the 2 channels out of phase or something of that nature. i don't use it enough to know if it does or not. When I do use it, it while I work out sometimes, and then, sound quality isn't of utmost importance...

GoodFun

May 26, 2008
Can someone please confirm how the fm radio on this device works. Can you tune the radio over bluetooth or is it just tuned with the buttons on the dial.

GWelker62

Oct 10, 2007
Bunny Ranch
I have two negatives about it.

One, callers had trouble hearing me. I heard them just fine if not great since it plays in both ears.

Two, music sound quality was "fair". But I just came off using the HT820.

If it wasn't for the fact callers had trouble hearing me, I would have kept them. All other funtions worked great, but I ended up getting the S9s. I sure wish I had the FM radio the S705 had though.

GoodFun

May 26, 2008
The radio is tuned via the buttons on the pod.

I don't understand what you mean "over bluetooth". Could you clarify?

With "over bluetooth", I meant counld you remotely tune the radio station from your phone using some software without have to tune it using the buttons on the pod but from your reply it seems not.

sloshie

Nov 13, 2007
I've only had the S705 for 2 days, but have been happy with it so far. I picked it up new for $20 - it's definately a great buy at that price point.

I haven't used other bluetooth headphone gear before, so have nothing to compare to but I've been reasonably happy with the music quality (wasn't expecting anything too fantastic, and it was better than I originally thought it would be). I'm using my own headphones and haven't tried the supplied ones yet.

Range is fantastic - left the phone on my desk and went for a walk to the back yard - streaming music was still clear without any dropouts (it's about 13-14 metres through two solid brick walls).

Have only made a couple of calls, and after adjusting where I had placed the unit (was using the neckstrap - I had to adjust it a little so it wasn't hanging so far down) I haven't had any complaints about the quality/volume of the call.

Still determining the battery length as I haven't used it enough yet.

I wish it displayed the track name that was currently playing on the display, but I can live without that feature (caller ID is displayed when a call comes through).

FM radio works well - it's built into the unit so you don't need to pair the device with anything to listen to FM.

Hope this helps!