2 Side Voice Recording on Kaiser **WORKS**

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation :)

Might be worth cooking into a Rom to give 2 side recording as standard.

Tested and working on the following Roms:
SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1, HyperDragon 4th Feb, PDA Corner Ultimate v17, v19 & v20, Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom, AthineOS WWE, WM6.5 betas (HyperDragon and PDA Corner works with HTC Voice Recorder and VITO Audio Notes, rest confirmed with VITO Audio Notes).

Download the 2_Way_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*

EDIT:
Made a new cab combining my 2 way recording plus the incall enable edit from pocketnow.com to enable BOTH sides to be recorded clearly from the dialer menu after a call has been established. It does not affect the ability to use a 3rd party app if you want, just gives you extra ease so you dont have to load any new programs up when you are in a call. Install the following cab to device memory, then once a call has been established just goto the dialer menu and select record. It will record in .wav format and save the recording to the Device\My Documents\Notes folder.

Download the 2_Way_Plus_InCall_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*

Last edited:

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation :)

Download the cab *HERE*

so sweet ty skip

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
If it works for you then report back what phone, rom and radio you are using it on please :)

zard

Jul 19, 2005
First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation :)

Download the cab *HERE*

I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!

Yusuke14

Feb 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
HTC U12+
Works great for me, ty for sharing this, as i'm sure most of us wouldn't have seen it in the original thread.
Thanks alot mskip

Oh and I'm using an AT&T Tilt with Hyperdragons 02/04/2009 IOLITE Rom with Kaiser 1.65.21.18 Radio. Worked just fine using builtin htc audio recorder and Vito Audio Notes Touch

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!

Tested on Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom after fresh flashing. Works with 1.70.18.02 radio. I only have SMS restored, Resco Explorer, PCMKeyboard and Resco Audio Recorder installed. Didn't get the cpu overload problem. Need to complete my Exchange 2007 Sync and finish installing the rest of the apps again before I test again.

Recording volume is rather soft though, even though volume had been set to maximum, same as for my TyTN II volume.

py2bl

Mar 8, 2009
Great job mskip ! Finally working for me !
ROM AthineOS WWE, RADIO 1.71.09.01 and VITO AUDIO NOTES 1.37

Thanks

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
Finally got this to work with stock AT&T Tilt

Thanks to everyone involved.

Vito Audio Notes was tricky to figure out. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times before I got the settings right.

Move the yellow equalizer all the way to the left when recording. Set the microphone gain to high.

If you move the yellow equalizer all the way to the right, it will only record very loud sounds, which doesn't work for recording phone calls. If you set the microphone gain to low, the recording will be hard to hear when you play it back. You'll have to hold the speaker up to your ear.

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
This is so sweet, now we have 2 solutions on a issue that I've been trying to solve for about 1,5 year... :)

What happens if you install this fix with the ICR driver installed??? Let's try! I'll report back later for those of you who allready use ICR but want a louder recording.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thanks mskip & OP :)

Runs perfect with PDA v.19 & VITO AUDIO NOTES 1.37
Can't believe that after all this time 2 way works wonder if it would on Dash? :D

stylez.
I dont know you should try it lol its only a registry edit rather than overwriting drivers and if it doesnt work you can uninstall it :)

Yeah I know what you mean I have been looking for some way to record both sides of a conversation for about 3 years when I got my old Hermes. Even tried going through bluetooth to my pc and recording that way lol. All it took was a few simple registry changes to allow this. I was always told it was a hardware problem and would never be possible lol. Im happy now :D

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
This is so sweet, now we have 2 solutions on a issue that I've been trying to solve for about 1,5 year... :)

What happens if you install this fix with the ICR driver installed??? Let's try! I'll report back later for those of you who allready use ICR but want a louder recording.
Ok let me know what happens :)

After you install ICR the only way to get rid of it is a Hard Reset. Not sure how they will work together maybe the registry edit will bump up the volume with icr.

I think the registry changes are more compatable then using ICR as alot of people seem to have problems getting it working.

Report back ;)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
When I went into my registry to test this method my values was already set as the original post (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3463124&postcount=75)...
I wonder if this is what ICR does, is it the same solution??? Have anybody done a deep analysis of the ICR cab?

I was hoping for a louder recording... :(
I guess if your recorded volume didnt increase then ICR is taking control of rerouting the incoming sound. With JUST the registry changes the volume is very loud. I had a 30 minute phone call yesterday and VITO Audio Notes recorded both sides perfectly. Maybe you could try a hard reset sometime to get rid of ICR and then try a comparison with just the registry cab :)

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
I dont know you should try it lol its only a registry edit rather than overwriting drivers and if it doesnt work you can uninstall it :)

Yeah I know what you mean I have been looking for some way to record both sides of a conversation for about 3 years when I got my old Hermes. Even tried going through bluetooth to my pc and recording that way lol. All it took was a few simple registry changes to allow this. I was always told it was a hardware problem and would never be possible lol. Im happy now :D

Never guess what it works :)
Going to do a bit more testing as not sure if the RoseROM worked without as never tested it will also test Kavana's "as know that didn't", will link to you if all fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello
    i'm really new user of the tytn II and Resco audio recorder and I have few questions.

You are writing aboout patch which allow recording two sides of the conversation - e.g. me and caller - Is the feature?

I have problem [1st]with my tytn ii and resco - lot of the records have registered clearly only my voice, the second/remote side is hearable on very very low level.
    Second problem is dropping the record. In half of the one word from beginning of the talk I can hear last words from the end. Call takes about 30 minutes.
    I am recording to a SD card.

As I understand this addon should eliminate me the first problem?

What should I do with second problem?
    This patch does not work on all Roms. If you have a Stock Rom on your phone then more than likely it wont work as I think the patch needs something thats cooked into Custom Roms. If you have a Custom Rom on your phone already then have you rebooted your phone since installing the patch? If you have then try a different Rom.

I have no idea what would be causing your problems with resco the only thing I can sugest is to try a different voice recording app and see if that works better.

Mark.
    Try to use the forum search or as in this case the one with the big 'G'.
    It should do the job in seconds. Worked for me with the .cab files names. So long.