[Q] LG G2 T-Mobile stuck in CWM after OTA

Search This thread

vvfs

Apr 12, 2014
I've already tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 and several other threads and I've run into different problems for all of them.

I can boot into download mode. The drivers are installed and seem to be working (it says LG D801 in Device Manager). I've tried both methods in the thread above. The first one doesn't work at all because the phone has to be booted in normal mode.

The second one doesn't work either. I get to where the FlashTool says READY, but when I plug the phone in while download mode is on, nothing happens. I thought this might be the COM port, so I went to change it in Device Manager, but the option isn't even available. The tab isn't available in the device properties.

There are several old zips I have on the phone that I've tried flashing, no dice. The LG Mobile Support Tool (that allows you to update the phone) just says that the software is up to date and won't let me do anything.

I'm going in circles now trying to fix this, anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

edit: adb also doesn't recognize the device. I think it might work to install TWRP and use the command in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 from the phone, but I don't know how to replace CWM with TWRP.

edit 2: got adb working by installing the pdanet driver! I installed TWRP so I'm on that now. The commands in that thread still don't work though.

Last edited:

vvfs

Apr 12, 2014
well to install twrp you would just need to flash the zip from inside cwm, but if adb doesn't recognize the device then you cant adb push

I got adb working now and installed TWRP, but the commands in the thread you posted didn't fix anything.

I've flashed a couple of ROMs and it still boots to recovery.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
okay so you already tried dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc from the terminal inside twrp(one after the other), also since you got adb working did you try the ones through adb dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota