[Q] How to move app data to sd and save internal memo?

Search This thread

jihadinhorocks

Jul 5, 2014
Hello fellow s4miniers :)

I have just moved from a bad experience with iphones to galaxy s4 mini I updated to kitkat and rooted it. The main issue I hated about the phone is that when you choose the move to sd for apps and games options, it only moves the app itself but not the large app data files.
For example, I got Need For Speed with 2GB of data still stuck in the internal memory while the sd is useless in this concern even when I move the app to the sd. The app large data files stay in the internal memo. This really bugs me :mad:. who has this problem too? Is there a solution for it? :-\

S4 mini I9195 Android 4.2.2 rooted.

rrgrrg

Aug 31, 2012
Alexandria
rrgrrgofficial.wordpress.com
Hello fellow s4miniers :)

I have just moved from a bad experience with iphones to galaxy s4 mini I updated to kitkat and rooted it. The main issue I hated about the phone is that when you choose the move to sd for apps and games options, it only moves the app itself but not the large app data files.
For example, I got Need For Speed with 2GB of data still stuck in the internal memory while the sd is useless in this concern even when I move the app to the sd. The app large data files stay in the internal memo. This really bugs me :mad:. who has this problem too? Is there a solution for it? :-\

S4 mini I9195 Android 4.2.2 rooted.
its not a problem ! .. all phones has this glitch its an android thing that data has to be on internal sd or phone not eXT-sd .. there is some scripts like link2sd and others that can help but i dont know how search on your own :)

jihadinhorocks

Jul 5, 2014
its not a problem ! .. all phones has this glitch its an android thing that data has to be on internal sd or phone not eXT-sd .. there is some scripts like link2sd and others that can help but i dont know how search on your own :)

I tried Link2sd and still it does not solve the issue it only moves the app but not the large data files. there are custom firmwares that make your device read the eXT-sd as internal and internal as sd but none of them is available for my model. Besides, these CFWs are glitchy and not stable and slow the phone big time. Nevertheless, this lends androids more useless to me compared to iOS in this concern.

spawnofdonny

Aug 7, 2013
Doncaster
I tried Link2sd and still it does not solve the issue it only moves the app but not the large data files. there are custom firmwares that make your device read the eXT-sd as internal and internal as sd but none of them is available for my model. Besides, these CFWs are glitchy and not stable and slow the phone big time. Nevertheless, this lends androids more useless to me compared to iOS in this concern.

you could try gl to sd https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&hl=en_GB

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
I like folder mount to move directories to extsd

sent from my i9192 with CM11 by sekil

luisbraz

Nov 21, 2013
Faro
Folder Mount let you choose directories (you can choose the big ones) to move to external SD, as said fburgos. I had 3 games with 2GB each, all in external SD, and had 2 GB of free space in internal memory.