HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Update

Search This thread

dubal72

Jul 23, 2010
Just got the gingerbread update here in Ireland on Vodafone network unbranded, took about 15 minutes to download and install so far so good

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Fuwalu

May 16, 2011
Lund
Hey guys!

I received a notification about this update a week back or so.. Haven't updated yet. I have some questions that may be answered in this thread, other threads, definitely in this forum and maybe (if you know anything about android) even common sense. However I do not know where to start looking, and I didnt find it very fruitful to go through 10 pages in this thread so it wouldn't make sense to continue on to p. 74.

Anyways, my questions are kind of simple, I guess. I have a HTC Desire HD, bought December at the swedish retailer Telia (I assume it is 'branded', atleast it is locked to their network). I do want root access, and I am looking for the easiest, safest way possible to get this. I also want gingerbread. I have not customized or tried to gain root access with my phone in any way, since I shortly after my purchase realized it does not bring the great advantages as, say, jailbreaking an iPhone or flashing a PSP.

* Should I update before I root, or root before I install some custom update?* Also, please point me in the right direction where I can find information about how to root my DHD (and also, if you don't mind, a beginners thread/post about root - where to start, what to do with a newly rooted phone, like what rom to use).

Thank you in advance.

Zaxxman

Nov 14, 2006
Wirral
I have just got the update in the UK on the O2 network using an unbranded DHD and it went on a treat. Now showing version 2.36.405.8

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

guide144

Feb 22, 2008
Hi everyone, just want to let you guys know that today around 2 pm gmt. I recieved GB update thought OTA. The size is around 102 MB.

My location is UK and my phone is unbrand from carphone warehouse.

Peejiegio

May 6, 2011
Hi everyone, just want to let you guys know that today around 2 pm gmt. I recieved GB update thought OTA. The size is around 102 MB.

Same here, so the unbranded lot might wanna check for an update. :)

FrikyBCN

Nov 2, 2010
Hi

the way things are going in Ireland, they might be wishing they never left the UK! :)

Just for your info, the Wifi issue I reported hasn't come back, so was just the hours immediately after the update. I haven't noticed any change in battery life. And the annoying slow scroll is still there (it's a feature!).

cheers

Reactions: sistraw

Maxwell Smart

Aug 30, 2008
London
ok thank you, it's kinda weird ppl have different versions despite being orange branded

It might be because as an existing customer I received mine about two weeks before it was officially announced released. I heard that the ones that were released in the first month or so were slightly different.

But just to be clear, when I say it is an orange branded phone it is not because there is an orange logo anywhere on the phone or boot screen but rather it is locked to orange, has a few orange apps on it (Wednesdays, Account, Plus) and had orange printed documentation in the box.

gmjnguyen

Aug 31, 2009
I just downloaded my update on unbranded for t-mobile and i've been getting an exclamation mark error when i try to run update

Pie1862

Nov 30, 2010
Reading
I've found that so long as I turn off the wifi when out of range the battery life is massively improved! Only used about 10% in half a day. Otherwise the wifi is constantly trying for a signal and drains the battery like crazy!

spikey001

Nov 2, 2010
Hey guys!

I received a notification about this update a week back or so.. Haven't updated yet. I have some questions that may be answered in this thread, other threads, definitely in this forum and maybe (if you know anything about android) even common sense. However I do not know where to start looking, and I didnt find it very fruitful to go through 10 pages in this thread so it wouldn't make sense to continue on to p. 74.

Anyways, my questions are kind of simple, I guess. I have a HTC Desire HD, bought December at the swedish retailer Telia (I assume it is 'branded', atleast it is locked to their network). I do want root access, and I am looking for the easiest, safest way possible to get this. I also want gingerbread. I have not customized or tried to gain root access with my phone in any way, since I shortly after my purchase realized it does not bring the great advantages as, say, jailbreaking an iPhone or flashing a PSP.

* Should I update before I root, or root before I install some custom update?* Also, please point me in the right direction where I can find information about how to root my DHD (and also, if you don't mind, a beginners thread/post about root - where to start, what to do with a newly rooted phone, like what rom to use).

Thank you in advance.

Best to root first and get Eng s-off at the same time as shown in the thread linked below to avoid not being able to root after official updates.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=841076

Best thread to read and get all the links to what you need is this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=964996

gmjnguyen

Aug 31, 2009
Could someone tell me why my phone is giving me this exclamation mark when i try to update to GB. ive rooted my phone once before but i unrooted it back to the stock rom. When i try to update it and errors pops up saying E: unknown folume path [SDCARD:download/OTA_Ace_gingerbread...zip] which is the folder it had downloaded to on its own.
than another error saying E: Can't mount SDCARD:download/OTA_Ace_gingerbread...zip

m7svk

Aug 27, 2009
Update Number

Can anybody let us know what is exact update number for unbranded UK DHD, is the same as RUU or is different one, many thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When???

Have you already talked about it with HTC?

Ok you need to breathe buddy, it's just been announced it will most probably take a month before it will be available on HTC as they need to incorporate Sense to it.
    This forum had been dead due to all Europe side already receive their GB rom..It will continue dead until Asian region side receive it which don't know when?????
    Many thanks, but can you please let us know exact Baseband version, Kernel version and Build number? Thanks..

Unbranded. UK. Vodafone.

Baseband version:

12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2

Kernel version:

2.6.35.10-g0956377
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Tue Mar 29 06:10:15 CST 2011

Build number:

2.36.405.8 CL47853 release-keys

Hopefully that makes more sense to you than it does to me!
    The scrolling in all apps is not sluggish, but it is changed. Before you were scrolling all the applications and now the apps are divided in pages and you scroll one page at a time.
    Just a matter of habit. Some people complain about this because they are used to the old style. Give it some time. I don't have problem with it because all my apps are in folders on a home screen and did not use it much - so no old habit.
    Fingers crossed it will be out soon. I thought it would have been released by now. Has it been released on the nexus one yet? Im guessing it would be pushed out to that first as it does not require sense or any carrier customisation.