SmileySMS + Threaded Messaging - v1.68 (updated July 25)

Search This thread

saahir1

Jun 17, 2009
These are the bugs i had to face in this application. i am using wm5 i-mate jamin.

1. Settings are saved but anytime they are found unsaved and after doing configurations again, there is no effect and settings remain unsaved untill soft reset your ppc. but this can happen anytime again.
2. On Thread messaging if you open an sms of a contact, All sms are compiled of same contact to be displayed in a single window as a chat environment and this process takes lots of time. This should be done once but it does everytime you open the sms.
And sometimes thread messaging is enabled itself even it was not set to be enabled.
3. When you are typing an sms and you are on line just above the keyboard and you enter on the next line it is beyond the keyboard you can't see your typing, you have to adjust always yourself by using scroll bar, but in default sms typing you press enters your display will follow the cursor automatically.

© A.N Sheikh

Vladimirus

Sep 24, 2010
For the most part, this little bit of program does what it says it will do... BUT.... and in my mind, it's a BIG but... if you have a phone like mine (Samsung Omnia 2 i920) where the SMS and MMS are not entirely connected, then you will not recieve or see any MMS that come in. In other words, if someone sent me a video or photo, I would not see the little MMS icon or be able to access it. That applies to all these types of SMS addon programs. Unfortunately, I have yet to find one that not only allows for visual Smilies but also allows for MMS to come through as well. With programs like SMS-Chat, SMS At Hand, etc, will still notify you if you got MMS but to access it you have to open the default messaging program. A pain in the ass afaic.

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
bugs or no bugs, i like this program :)

1 bug not mentioned yet:
sometimes when opening a message convosation (threaded) the background message bubble will dissapear? eg a white background but part of the message bubbles are still visable.

BTW, has anyone made or found any skins for smileysms?

waraney said:
dont work on my blacktone with energy rom...

its cooked into my raving_rom for blackstone... and it works ;)

saahir1

Jun 17, 2009
bugs or no bugs, i like this program :)

1 bug not mentioned yet:
sometimes when opening a message convosation (threaded) the background message bubble will dissapear? eg a white background but part of the message bubbles are still visable.

BTW, has anyone made or found any skins for smileysms?

its cooked into my raving_rom for blackstone... and it works ;)

well nevertheless appreciate author for good efforts, corrections can be made at any part, will have a perfect one.

mosaddegh

Dec 20, 2009
Hi,
I have problem when i type persian font
message will be sent as "?" instead of persian font
could you please check this issue