[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

dk206

Oct 8, 2010
London, United Kingdom
VIDEO RECORDING AND USB FILE TRANSFER IS NOT WORKING... PLZZZ FIX IT NAOOOO :p

PS: @codeworkx Good call bud. You gotta take a break from coding and start fresh in 2-3 days. Noobs are gonna ask questions no matter how much you try to change things. No matter how much time you spend teaching them things, there will be more of them popping everyday. And as the popularity of Android is increasing, you'll see many more of them asking to fix video recording or MTP without understanding the situation and background. Asking a quick question is an easy way for them rather than reading FAQ and spending a day to understand all the jargon words. Trust me, they will eventually read and learn things. But bud, this process won't be quick... will never be. Good luck. :)

LMFAO
AHAHAHAH you are the people who drives devs like codeworkx away.
Don't anyone else find this ironically amusing? This NOOB - YES U NOOB (NOT NEWB) Made my day :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
That's right, and that's what's been discussed in this thread a fair bit lately. However, 'cajoling' Samsung into doing same is another matter entirely. I mean, they don't release sources within a 'reasonable' timeframe, apart from a petition, what are people on XDA going to do about it ?

Answer: Pretty much nothing.

A bunch of phone users Vs a large multinational company.

It totally sucks that Samsung is like this, but apart from the petition, there isn't a thing anyone here can do about it.

Well if they don't release kernel source codes at point of release then the proper course of action is to inform the free software foundation. www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html

However as they haven't released the ics kernel officially Samsung haven't done anything wrong yet, and they're not obliged in any way to release any other form of source code.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Maybe one offtopic thought but I was just thinking:

Isn't Cyanogen (Steve Kondik) himself an employee at Samsung?!? Can't he get the sources or at least help us with that?! :rolleyes:

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
Maybe one offtopic thought but I was just thinking:

Isn't Cyanogen (Steve Kondik) himself an employee at Samsung?!? Can't he get the sources or at least help us with that?! :rolleyes:

He'd get arrested for industrial espionage! The kernel sources will appear when its released, the rest is Samsung's intellectual property, they don't have to release it if they don't want.

And its understandable why they don't. Carriers want users to have their apps pre installed as it makes them money, Samsung wants its apps pre installed as that makes them money. Making custom rom's easier to make means they'll make less money from their bloat (or 'features'). And encouraging custom rom's would mean more people screwing up their devices and costing Samsung money due to warranties (because the custom firmware counters have been hacked through jigs).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: MistahBungle

Deathwing00

Jul 17, 2011
Davis" yeotor

Works for me with 5th March nightly (latest AFAIK).

I am using the following:

update-cm-9-20120305-NIGHTLY-galaxys2-signed.zip
gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip
gapps-ics-facelock-20120131-signed.zip

And face unlock fails to start. I have wiped cache and dalvik cache several times. Can you check whether you are using these versions?

runedrune

Nov 6, 2010
Lahore

And face unlock fails to start. I have wiped cache and dalvik cache several times. Can you check whether you are using these versions?

With the latest gapps packages you don't have to flash facelock separately. It's already included.

Reactions: Deathwing00

chewable

Jul 15, 2011
Toronto

You don't need to flash facelock separately anymore with gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip. Reboot into recovery and re-flash just gapps.

Reactions: Deathwing00

brar.arsh

Feb 5, 2012
GTA, Ontario
New features coming:
Profiles
Torch
Configurable screen rotation
And much more in latest nightly..
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2

2a6ebe04-1840-1ca1.jpg

Sent from SGS2 running Android ICS

Reactions: dk206

xavihernandez

Dec 26, 2010
Kinda strange question but how do you see it fails to work since unlock screen settings can't be changed at the moment? I'm curious because I haven't tried FaceUnlock yet.

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Hi guys

Small issue.my phone was on safe mode-I got it back to normal but I cant seem to sync my Facebook anymore any idea?

Sent from heaven

xavihernandez

Dec 26, 2010
Another question to you, users : when you send a mms with a picture, does the picture got rotated instead of being in portrait mode?

Yathi

Sep 27, 2010
Chennai
I installed the 5th March build of the CM9 Nightly today.

The first thing I noticed was that there was no battery percentage. So I searched and got this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434061&highlight=cm9+battery+percentage.

I flashed one of the zips given there through CWM and then restarted my phone. I got a System UI failure and the top bar(which has all the notification icons etc) just dissapeared. Then I had to flash a backup again to fix it. (I still din get the battery percentage to show)

The second thing is, if I touch and hold an App in the App tray and then move it to the remove option which comes in the top left corner in Trebuchet, Nothing happens! Not a big deal as I could unistall the application from Market but would be good if it works.

And finally I so loved the default ringtone! Its too good :D. Thanks for that. And also I was expecting the boot animation which came on youtube for CM9.. Hope that comes soon. Thanks for the great work all you guys! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p