MB865 Indian Retail Firmware FXZ/SBF is out now. Any Devs here??

Search This thread

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Hi guys, those who are looking Indian Retail firmware here it is:

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

I confirm this is exact Retail version we have on our phones in India.

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: matthessel

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it :). It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features ;).

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it :). It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features ;).

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).

Call recording? Interesting. Indian ROM doesn't have this function. Ever since I moved away from Nokia (years ago), I always missed this thing in Android. Would really look forward to your ROM. And yes, Indian and US hardware is exactly same, even model no. is same, so they can use each other's ROM, tried AT&T ROM on my Indian model and it works flawlessly, if only AT&T crap and restrictions were not there. Patiently waiting for your ROM. Gonna be very popular I believe.

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far. :)

Which build is this looks like 2.3.5.... ill downgrade for no blur (or even if no bloatware means only no at&t shat.....) ;-)

Nvmnd this IS DEF what I been looking for I just didn't know it.... what would happen if I just flashed this factory?
Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Last edited:

rukesh18

Jan 19, 2012
Motolounge???

Does the above Stock Indian firmware have motolounge integrated to it? So that we can enjoy the free EA games.

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
Try it and let me know....lol i wanna know too

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

My friend who is also a member here and knows much more than I advises me that it would work except service most likely.... however.......... I am curently testing a Tom he arts for us atrix 2 people (he doesn't have one) and this was the real piece he needed... ill let u all know when its ready for the masses....

On another note.....

How about bootloader unlock possibilities does this ron change anything?

sknight13602

Dec 25, 2011
manlius

any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?

Reactions: daavvis

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
WARNING!!!!!

Do not flash the Indian fxz to your phone, even just the system .img! If you flash the whole fxz then it will fail. If you flash the system .img you will get the infamous "Invalid CG Version" error, and you might get it to boot if you flash the boot .img but the phone does not accept the Indian boot.

Reactions: PhoenixNghi

PhoenixNghi

Feb 2, 2011
WARNING!!!!!

Do not flash the Indian fxz to your phone, even just the system .img! If you flash the whole fxz then it will fail. If you flash the system .img you will get the infamous "Invalid CG Version" error, and you might get it to boot if you flash the boot .img but the phone does not accept the Indian boot.

Phew
18.gif
, posted and waited for comments like this.
Thanks for warning, finally I understand that only ATT firmwares are suitable for flashing the whole packet, right?
Atrix 2 is not like Milestone, MS can be flashed any carrier without problems (some FW may improve radio signal)

rukesh18

Jan 19, 2012
help please!!!

I have the US version of the Atrix 2, and I tried to flash it with the Indian firmware in RSD Lite. But I got flashing failed error in step 7 of the flashing process. So I tried to flash it with the Original ATT firmware, but it fails in step 3 for the ATT firmware. Please help man, I love this phone:confused:

zeph_syk

Mar 10, 2012
WARNING!!!!!

So it all makes sense now, only those phone which are sold in INDIA is supported by that FXZ, since I cannot flash the US FXZ on my Indian Phone, it just does not support!

So I guess, the only way to go ahead with building a ROM from this FXZ is to have a Indian Build phone ...(LOL I sound like racist...:) ) Then restore the ROM later on US phones!

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?

I believe ASIAOPS is for some particular Asian Operator in some country, I am not sure though. MEARET is Middle East Retail, SEARET is South East Asia Retail.... Initially just guessed this SEARET thing and then matched with my ROM backup.

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
So it all makes sense now, only those phone which are sold in INDIA is supported by that FXZ, since I cannot flash the US FXZ on my Indian Phone, it just does not support!

So I guess, the only way to go ahead with building a ROM from this FXZ is to have a Indian Build phone ...(LOL I sound like racist...:) ) Then restore the ROM later on US phones!

I'm pretty sure we can use the pieces to build from we just can't flash the whole thing... this gives us a true 2.3.6 to build from rather than updated cwm backups....

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010
I have the US version of the Atrix 2, and I tried to flash it with the Indian firmware in RSD Lite. But I got flashing failed error in step 7 of the flashing process. So I tried to flash it with the Original ATT firmware, but it fails in step 3 for the ATT firmware. Please help man, I love this phone:confused:

Hey man, try one given at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539167 I guess this one is simplest method. I once screwed my Indian version and used this and I was up and running in no time whereas flashing through RSD Lite didn't work for me.

raj_sh06

May 16, 2010

Not entirely true. I have been insisting on this in every thread here that AT&T stock works on Indian version BUT if you try and flash 2.3.6 with RSD Lite it fails. I have an Indian version but if you try 2.3.5, particularly from xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539167 it flashes and works flawlessly, though with AT&T restrictions. I tried every method but this script thing was only method that worked for my Indian Atrix 2, I am not sure how, but it brought my phone to life and then I flashed 2.3.6 over it and it worked, even AT&T version...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Count me in.

Hey guys, sorry it's taken so long. I also ran into a couple problems but they're all worked out. Tonight I'll get most of the work done and tomorrow I will finish up+upload. Thanks for your patience!
    Count me in.

Don't forget to thank my old friend Skrilax_CZ for hosting the files on his site. We have indeed been partners-in-crime since the old days at M3.
    i Bought indian Atrix 2
    Os version when bought 2.3.6
    i updated the device to 55.28.37.MB865.Asiaretail.en.03
    From then on my phone is Not having any network
    Plz Help i love this Phone!!

I think the FXZ/SBF to return you to stock is linked in the first post: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

Also, watch this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1635740 - we have a very clever dev here working on the international versions of the Atrix 2. Note: you will need to root your device to take advantage of these zip packages.

This thread will help you with any of the above mentioned (and more): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1396650

Just don't rush in to anything without reading, and re-reading, carefully.
    Good luck!