[Q] Lock not 'relock' bootloader.

Search This thread

Rednaxela1963

Nov 8, 2012
Brighton
I've rooted my HTC One X ( ICS CIDnum H3G_001) and flashed ViperX 2.7.0 (ICS) custom ROM. I tried to upgrade ViperX 3.7.8 (JB) and flashed the appropiate boot.img but after installation was frozen on the ViperX 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' splash screen so I reverted back to stock ROM through Nandroid backup and relocked my bootloader so I could install the stock OTA JB update. Now all I get is ...this device is for development purposes...etc. in red text on my 'Quietly Brilliant' splash screen. I'm back on ICS stock ROM with bootloader unlocked but would dearly be able to install the ViperX JB ROM.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions? :good:

Thanks in advance.

nogotaclue

Jan 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
I've rooted my HTC One X ( ICS CIDnum H3G_001) and flashed ViperX 2.7.0 (ICS) custom ROM. I tried to upgrade ViperX 3.7.8 (JB) and flashed the appropiate boot.img but after installation was frozen on the ViperX 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' splash screen so I reverted back to stock ROM through Nandroid backup and relocked my bootloader so I could install the stock OTA JB update. Now all I get is ...this device is for development purposes...etc. in red text on my 'Quietly Brilliant' splash screen. I'm back on ICS stock ROM with bootloader unlocked but would dearly be able to install the ViperX JB ROM.

Thanks in advance.

you have flash the stock recovery before you can ota

Last edited:
Reactions: Rednaxela1963

herbie13

Dec 11, 2012
Portsmouth

Thanks in advance.

Try here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

Reactions: Rednaxela1963

Rednaxela1963

Nov 8, 2012
Brighton
Lock not 'relock' bootloader.

And if you are on full stock there is no need to relock the bootloader. Saves some flashing and unlocking.

sent from my venomized piece of technology

Are you saying if I do a Nandroid backup with my current ROM then save it to my laptop, do a factory reset I don't have to lock my

bootloader to get OTA updates Mr. Hofs?

P.S. Sorry about the delay, been offline.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
No in order to receive ota you do not need to relock the bootloader, all you need is stock rom, kernel and recovery

Reactions: Jambu95

Jambu95

Jun 1, 2013
No in order to receive ota you do not need to relock the bootloader, all you need is stock rom, kernel and recovery

on htc phones, unlocked bootloader can receive and update ota, but have to on stock rom and stock recovery?
and i wanted to ask, is there any difference between "LOCKED" and "RELOCKED" bootloader?

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
on htc phones, unlocked bootloader can receive and update ota, but have to on stock rom and stock recovery?
and i wanted to ask, is there any difference between "LOCKED" and "RELOCKED" bootloader?

only the RE and for this RE you can lose your warranty

correct but i believe the question was aimed towards OTA's and not warranty and as such, no locked and relocked act the same.

Reactions: Jambu95

Jambu95

Jun 1, 2013
correct but i believe the question was aimed towards OTA's and not warranty and as such, no locked and relocked act the same.

yes, my question is referring to ota, i didn't care much about it but, is there any way to change it into "LOCKED" again, if there's no method it's ok either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And if you are on full stock there is no need to relock the bootloader. Saves some flashing and unlocking.

sent from my venomized piece of technology

Thanks in advance.

you have flash the stock recovery before you can ota

Thanks in advance.

Try here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

only the RE and for this RE you can lose your warranty