[MOD] Disable menu unlock for lockscreen.

Search This thread

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
This is a mod for the lockscreen so that the capacitive menu button is disabled for unlocking. This has been tested on Vanilla Lockscreens, but should work the same on HTC Lockscreens. This also has been tested on 3.29* based sense roms, unsure if it will work with other bases. If you have other fixes (i.e. reboot button change) you will overwrite that. Please post if you need me to upload a fixed version of that. Thanks goto ViRuS for the idea, and brut.all/jesus freke for apktool.

Instructions:
  • Download flashable zip.
  • NANDROID NANDROID NANDROID? did i miss something?
  • Reboot into recovery.
  • Flash zip and reboot.
  • That was easy wasn't it?
  • No more accidental unlockings!

Cookers/Developers: If this does not work for your rom, PM me and i can make individual flashable updates.
Rom users: reply to the thread with the base rom that it does not work on. I can find the base myself and make a list of updates.

Edit: It will take awhile to reboot, because i added a cache and dalvik-cache wipe to the update script.
Added mediafire mirror.

Links:
Rapidshare
Mediafire

Last edited:
Reactions: djcsurf

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Just flashed on Fresh 3.3.0.1 and it took a while for the phone to reboot but it's working great. Thanks!

yeah, i made the update script clear cache and dalvik-cache. Updated OP to let other people know.

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. This is very, very appreciated.

Would you be willing or be able to get to the bottom of the graphical glitches with the Vanilla lockscreen? I know it's plaguing more than one person, myself included.

Locate the 2.1 fix, and I'll see what i can do.

iamthebigcheeze

Jul 25, 2010
Norf Carolana
Just found a bug (and a pretty major one). It worked perfectly fine disabling the menu button unlock; however, it also FC'ed the HTC dialer, vanilla clock, and HTC gallery every time I tried to open them. Nandroid was my friend today. Not sure if this will happen with anyone else.

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
I'll look into the issues tonight. I'll also upload it to mediafire tonight. What Rom are you using to get fc's? Noone else has reported fc's.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

mikevillarroel

Jun 28, 2008
Pembroke Pines, Fl.
I'll look into the issues tonight. I'll also upload it to mediafire tonight. What Rom are you using to get fc's? Noone else has reported fc's.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

I've got it, the link is working, they just changed the homepage, lol
I was waiting for this since i got my evo, if you do a search you'll find A LOT of threads i made asking for this
Good job preludedrew! Thank you.

Last edited:

marc.ientilucci

Dec 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
www.starvingmarc.com
i have been looking for this for the past few days. a couple of questions before i flash. does it work on stock rooted deodexed with a removed HtcLockScreen.apk? also what .apk have you edited, i have mods made to my framework-res.apk, wondering if they will be touched. Thanks!

EDIT: After flashing on Rooted Doedexed stock rom, it foze on the 4G boot screen. i did a battery pull and tried again... IT WORKS! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

mylasthope

Jul 16, 2008
I'm experiencing graphical glitches too on Fresh 3.3.0.1, unless the colors are supposed to be different.

Attachments

• snap20100930_163546.jpg
    snap20100930_163546.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 162
  • snap20100930_163550.jpg
    snap20100930_163550.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 145

bmxrider4444

Jun 27, 2009
Norman, OK
You won't be able to use this hack on the fascinate, you'd have to have one specifically made for your phone i think.

You are correct from what i have seen, also, there is an easier way to do this, also i didn't think the Menu button even did that, sure hasn't anytime i have tried it, or maybe it's because i'm using sense.

Raheem387

Sep 1, 2010
I tried to flash this and did not work for me im rooted on evo with no custom rom I just don't like the slider oh and i used unrevoked if that means anything. Im new to this also any suggestions or did I just miss something?

t.o.m.

Nov 21, 2008
ATM I have two choices: Vanilla Lockscreen with this fix or Reboot Menu. Can you implement your fix with this reboot menu?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8034448&postcount=2
link above first pic

I decompiled and compared these two services.jars and could not find common differences to combine and recompile the fixes myself. I don't think you want to give up your secrets and I am not a programmer. Unless you have tips so I can accomplish this myself. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a mod for the lockscreen so that the capacitive menu button is disabled for unlocking. This has been tested on Vanilla Lockscreens, but should work the same on HTC Lockscreens. This also has been tested on 3.29* based sense roms, unsure if it will work with other bases. If you have other fixes (i.e. reboot button change) you will overwrite that. Please post if you need me to upload a fixed version of that. Thanks goto ViRuS for the idea, and brut.all/jesus freke for apktool.

Instructions:
    • Download flashable zip.
    • NANDROID NANDROID NANDROID? did i miss something?
    • Reboot into recovery.
    • Flash zip and reboot.
    • That was easy wasn't it?
    • No more accidental unlockings!

Cookers/Developers: If this does not work for your rom, PM me and i can make individual flashable updates.
    Rom users: reply to the thread with the base rom that it does not work on. I can find the base myself and make a list of updates.

Edit: It will take awhile to reboot, because i added a cache and dalvik-cache wipe to the update script.
    Added mediafire mirror.

Links:
    Rapidshare
    Mediafire