[Q] "Encryption unsuccessful"'error! Who can help me?

Search This thread

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
The day before yesterday I found there's a 4.1.2 OTA available for my Xt912,so i upgrade my pnone to 4.1.2,and i use voodoo OTA to keep root,but when i use razrbootstrap(unofficial recovery)to install a 3W_3G(To enable the CDMA 3g) pakage,after that i reboot the phone but only to find that it had this screen, saying "Encryption unsuccessful" and your only option a button that said "Reset Phone"........
How can i get my phone working again(I am a Chinese,a little Chiglish)
IMG_2301.JPG

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
You'll need moto-Fastboot and the 2 winADB.dll's you can find in most root packages.
Open command prompt (admin)
Boot phone into APfastboot
Navigate to folder with Fastboot
Moto-Fastboot erase cache
Moto-Fastboot erase userdata
Moto-Fastboot reboot

Be careful about flashing and using ICS hacks and recoveries n such. I've found not all are JB compatible.

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk

THx! Can i reinstall the OTA pakage through the moto official recovery?

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
:eek:
I can't say for certain. But I know whenever I installed black recovery I hit the same issue. Did the Fastboot fix and it all worked fine again. Been playing with safestrap 3.05 with no problems so far. But no Roms or anything. Just installed to see if it would work fine. It could be the CDMA 3G thing you installed too.

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk

Good man!I had installed bootmenu and safestrap on 4.1.2,no problem indeed.but they aren't functioned well compare to installed in ICS,Now I want to know when will moto launch the 4.1.2 SBF package for RSD,could it be January?

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
I can't say for certain. But I know whenever I installed black recovery I hit the same issue. Did the Fastboot fix and it all worked fine again. Been playing with safestrap 3.05 with no problems so far. But no Roms or anything. Just installed to see if it would work fine. It could be the CDMA 3G thing you installed too.

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk
I can‘t find the tools you've mentioned,Could you give them to me?or some links? Thanks a lot!

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk

Thank you very much!My phone reboot success!

phlogis

Dec 27, 2012
Same Issue

So I most definitely have the same issue. I used the unofficial Razr Bootstrap 2.0 (apparently more for ICS than Jelly Bean) after I flashed the recently released 4.1.2 on CDMA Razr Maxx. I was trying to use the CM9 battery mod....

More to the point, I'm not sure I understand the instructions fully on how to fix it. Also does it wipe your device? I'm trying really hard not to do that. I know how to go to AP Fastboot on the device. But is moto fast boot a program? I think this is it - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1953948

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

EDIT - I figured most of it out. I can execute all the commands. But the erase userdata is going to erase all of my stuff isn't it? There's no other way to fix the issue? I'm holding out...

Last edited:

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
So I most definitely have the same issue. I used the unofficial Razr Bootstrap 2.0 (apparently more for ICS than Jelly Bean) after I flashed the recently released 4.1.2 on CDMA Razr Maxx. I was trying to use the CM9 battery mod....More to the point, I'm not sure I understand the instructions fully on how to fix it. Also does it wipe your device? I'm trying really hard not to do that. I know how to go to AP Fastboot on the device. But is moto fast boot a program? I think this is it - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1953948 Any assistance is greatly appreciated.EDIT - I figured most of it out. I can execute all the commands. But the erase userdata is going to erase all of my stuff isn't it? There's no other way to fix the issue? I'm holding out...
You should place the folder in C/Windows/System32(I am win7),them use CMD enter the folder .....
I will give you some sceenshots when i am available.

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
I didn't have any issue of erasing my internal or external sdcard. Only my accounts and such got reset. But I make no promises, I only speak of my personal experience. ~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk
Thx!Mine will have the same error every time when i reboot.Does format the internal storage work?Or i will repeat the operation everytime when i reboot,this will drive me mad

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
Are you running an ICS custom recovery? I would remove it if so and get a JB compatible recovery or stock recovery. If that's not the issue try to determine what app or mod is installed that's conflicting with the system. New upgrades its always wise to try one thing at a time so it's easier to narrow down the variables if something goes wrong. ~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk
I've no idea,i only had razrbootstrap installed before.I have tried the new updated bootmenu and safestrap ,they are compitable to JB,maybe i should make a backup to protect my data,which recovery is better,BMM or SS3?

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
Are you running an ICS custom recovery? I would remove it if so and get a JB compatible recovery or stock recovery. If that's not the issue try to determine what app or mod is installed that's conflicting with the system. New upgrades its always wise to try one thing at a time so it's easier to narrow down the variables if something goes wrong. ~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk
Thank you for your replies so far.After one day use,my phone can entered the system normally!

syfhue

Nov 26, 2012
I personally like SafeStrap. I'm a huge fan of HashCode and TWRP's work. Plus all of the safety guards and options make it very hard to officially kill a phone (which is something I'm pretty good at since I like to tear the systems apart)
I look at most recoveries for their ease of use, safety features, and expanded options. SafeStrap is basically all recoveries I've found bundles with a lot of nice features and a very friendly user interface. But to each their own :)

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Wow, of all the time I've been playing around with these I can honestly say I never thought of or heard of that. But for what it's worth, Thank you, that's ingenious and simplifies alot for my basic commands. I still like to keep a folder called "adb" on the root of my C:\ drive just cause I'm constantly flashing and interchanging radio's and such. But I'll definitely be making another local copy to my system32 folder as well.

So to all others, yeah, do what ^he said :)
:eek::eek::eek:

Zedrin

Mar 21, 2013
What needs to be done with the two dll's? I have followed these steps without the dll files and the issue is not resolved. :confused:

Last edited:

waterpolo_3

Nov 25, 2012
Pittsburgh
Help!
I entered this loop (the "Encryption unsucceddful" loop). I do not know how I entered this loop.
I have no back-up or recovery modes. I don't mess with this phone. I was wondering what the shortest way to get it working again was.
I don't care about any data that was on there before, if I can keep it, that would be nice.
I am a total n00b in this case.
Help!

anurag.dj2u

Mar 6, 2013
New york
Help!
I entered this loop (the "Encryption unsucceddful" loop). I do not know how I entered this loop.
I have no back-up or recovery modes. I don't mess with this phone. I was wondering what the shortest way to get it working again was.
I don't care about any data that was on there before, if I can keep it, that would be nice.
Help!
ya have soft-bricked ya phone . So all ya need to do is look out for hsd-pilot unbrick method . That would definatly work . I had the same issue and i got my razr life back by hsd-pilot unbrick method

Edit : Look out the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2194825

Hit the thx button if i helped ya in anyways

Last edited:

omgpk

Aug 24, 2011
Northville, MI

anurag.dj2u

Mar 6, 2013
New york
Last edited:
Reactions: razrpimp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help!
    Help!
    ya have soft-bricked ya phone . So all ya need to do is look out for hsd-pilot unbrick method . That would definatly work . I had the same issue and i got my razr life back by hsd-pilot unbrick method

Edit : Look out the link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2194825

Hit the thx button if i helped ya in anyways
    will that work for the xt912?? because i did the samething last night...but im on JB lol

Use Matt's utility to unbrick ya RAZR because ya having xt912 and that method is for xt910
    If ya not aware if Matt's utility i can attach a link .

Edit : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192467
    Thanks!!

Please hit the thanks button if i helped ya in anyways !!!
    Wait, first of all did you install a .16 rom on a while you were on the .8 kernel?

Or did you install a .8 based Rom while you were on the .16 kernel?

Because the Encryption Unsuccessful happens when you install Rom that are not based on your kernel.

Yeah ya correct but that even happens when ya flash any mod or flashable zip which is really not meant for ya !!

Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

well, my biggest worry, is that because i read that my /data and /sdcard files got all scrambled around...and i heard someone use matts utility, and they were still in the same position......sooo.....

Yeah ya will defiantly loose ya internal storage data and data , apps and accounts . Unfortunately ya can't save all ya apps and account but can backup of ya internal storage .
    Getting a working mobile phone is kinda important then the loosing data according to me :D

Thanks!!