[[ SOLVED ]] Help! Device Not Found

Search This thread

rikrdoVe

May 3, 2012
Valencia
Redmi Note 9 Pro
[[ SOLVED ]]

I was trying to flash a rom and I did wrong.

The phone got stuck on the white HTC screen.
I'm trying to get it back, the problem is that when I connect to the pc is not recognized. I installed SDK Tools, adb, drivers and all.
All In One Toolkit run and try to flash the boot.img but it says "error: device not found"
I run adb commands but it says the same thing, "error: device not found"
I tried it with Venom Flasher but I can not solve.
I uninstalled and went back to install the drivers, but I still have the same result, I run out of options.
When I turn the phone enters fastboot, I can access the recovery, but the phone at this time does not rom, dead.

By mistake I went to lock the bootloader but today I unlock it again with the All In One Toolkit and the bin file, so do not understand why if the file could flasher to unlock the bootloader again, but when trying to flash the boot.img or execute commands like: adb devices, adb reboot bootloader throws the error "device not found"

I appreciate it can help me ...

Last edited:

reaper90

May 11, 2011
I was trying to flash a rom and I did wrong.

The phone got stuck on the white HTC screen.
I'm trying to get it back, the problem is that when I connect to the pc is not recognized. I installed SDK Tools, adb, drivers and all.
All In One Toolkit run and try to flash the boot.img but it says "error: device not found"
I run adb commands but it says the same thing, "error: device not found"
I tried it with Venom Flasher but I can not solve.
I uninstalled and went back to install the drivers, but I still have the same result, I run out of options.
When I turn the phone enters fastboot, I can access the recovery, but the phone at this time does not rom, dead.

By mistake I went to lock the bootloader but today I unlock it again with the All In One Toolkit and the bin file, so do not understand why if the file could flasher to unlock the bootloader again, but when trying to flash the boot.img or execute commands like: adb devices, adb reboot bootloader throws the error "device not found"

I appreciate it can help me ...

ADB commands are only recognized in recovery or when system is running. re-unlock your bootloader first. you can reboot into bootloader by pressing and holding power & volume-down button. navigate using volume buttons and enter fastboot by pressing power button. Now you can flash boot.img with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or using any One X+ compatible toolkit. If it doesn't work, try installing latest HTC sync on your computer to get latest drivers. you can uninstall htc sync later again, the drivers will remain installed.

Here's a guide how you can setup adb/fastboot on cour computer, also contains useful information for beginners: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213910

rikrdoVe

May 3, 2012
Valencia
Redmi Note 9 Pro
ADB commands are only recognized in recovery or when system is running. re-unlock your bootloader first. you can reboot into bootloader by pressing and holding power & volume-down button. navigate using volume buttons and enter fastboot by pressing power button. Now you can flash boot.img with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or using any One X+ compatible toolkit. If it doesn't work, try installing latest HTC sync on your computer to get latest drivers. you can uninstall htc sync later again, the drivers will remain installed.

Here's a guide how you can setup adb/fastboot on cour computer, also contains useful information for beginners: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213910

Yeah, try doing that. I locked boot loader again but still had no results. What I did right now was "fastboot flash boot boot.img" says ok, but just gets stuck on the white screen. The phone right now has no information, nothing. I have in my pc folder with the rom that was installed (zip with boot.img) I have the latest version of clockworkmode.

reaper90

May 11, 2011
Yeah, try doing that. I locked boot loader again but still had no results. What I did right now was "fastboot flash boot boot.img" says ok, but just gets stuck on the white screen. The phone right now has no information, nothing. I have in my pc folder with the rom that was installed (zip with boot.img) I have the latest version of clockworkmode.

Some more information please. What rom did you flash and what recovery did you use? also do you have international version of this phone or AT&T/Telus version?

reaper90

May 11, 2011
Correct, as said in the post "Note: For KK 4.4.x necessary CWM recovery from Lloir's thread."

Did you do a wipe in before flashing the new rom?
Anyway you can copy a new rom.zip onto your phone using "adb sideload rom.zip" or "adb push rom.zip /data/media/0" while you're in recovery. Then do a full wipe first, flash rom and don't forget to flash boot.img.

rikrdoVe

May 3, 2012
Valencia
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Did you do a wipe in before flashing the new rom?
Anyway you can copy a new rom.zip onto your phone using "adb sideload rom.zip" or "adb push rom.zip /data/media/0" while you're in recovery. Then do a full wipe first, flash rom and don't forget to flash boot.img.

Thanks for your help...

I cant flash zip file, its says "error: device not found".
I put the zip file in adb folder, then "adb sideload filename.zip"

Do not know if I'm doing well, I turn on the phone in recovery mode, then with the volume keys I go to "install zip" option then "install zip from sideload" then run the command I get the error.

reaper90

May 11, 2011
Thanks for your help...

I cant flash zip file, its says "error: device not found".
I put the zip file in adb folder, then "adb sideload filename.zip"

Do not know if I'm doing well, I turn on the phone in recovery mode, then with the volume keys I go to "install zip" option then "install zip from sideload" then run the command I get the error.

ADB may take some time to recognize your device in recovery. Try "adb devices" first and if it isn't listed as in recovery or sideload, wait some minutes and try again. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes though.

But you have installed latest drivers?

rikrdoVe

May 3, 2012
Valencia
Redmi Note 9 Pro
ADB may take some time to recognize your device in recovery. Try "adb devices" first and if it isn't listed as in recovery or sideload, wait some minutes and try again. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes though.

But you have installed latest drivers?

Hey, i tried that, and says:
List of devices attached:
FA31ZW100713 recovery

And then, i write "adb sideload filename.zip"

Error: Closed >>

I waited 6 minutes and the same result.....

And yes, i have the latest drivers and HTC Sync Manager.

reaper90

May 11, 2011
Hey, i tried that, and says:
List of devices attached:
FA31ZW100713 recovery

And then, i write "adb sideload filename.zip"

Error: Closed >>

I waited 6 minutes and the same result.....

And yes, i have the latest drivers and HTC Sync Manager.

Your phone needs to be in recognized as in sideload mode in order to use adb sideload. when recognized in recovery, try "adb push rom.zip /data/media/0", this will copy your rom onto your phones internal memory. Depending on rom size, this may take some minutes and there's no progress bar/display, so give it some time, 10 min should be enough.

rikrdoVe

May 3, 2012
Valencia
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Your phone needs to be in recognized as in sideload mode in order to use adb sideload. when recognized in recovery, try "adb push rom.zip /data/media/0", this will copy your rom onto your phones internal memory. Depending on rom size, this may take some minutes and there's no progress bar/display, so give it some time, 10 min should be enough.

A month without phone and thanks to you it works again!
Thank you so much, I could not pass the zip in any way but with "adb push rom.zip / data/media/0 /" if it happened and I could flash ...

I Repeat .... THANK YOU!