[Q] Galaxy S3 screen flickers, network drops, battery drains faster

Search This thread

rpundlik

Jul 11, 2014
Hello All,

My Galaxy S3 device is almost 1.5 years old; Currently I am experiencing this issue for the first time. My android version is 4.2

Phone battery is charged to 80%. While net browsing or during working on an application, the network of my phone suddenly disappears and the phone screen flickers. After this the screen freezes and nothing works. I have to shut down the phone. But if I try to power on the phone, it fails to do.
The welcome screen comes and the phone does not turn on. Later if I try to connect my charger, it shows very low battery (nearly 2 %) remaining. Then I have to charge it all over again to use my phone. It seems that the sudden disappearance of network, screen flicker and screen freeze drains my battery charge.

I have done factory reset; still the problem continues:(:(:(. Also, I have removed all of the applications, right now only pre-installed applications present. Still, the problem seems to be continue:eek:.

Any possible workaround is present on this issue ? I have already tried playing with 'Developer Options' but it didn't seems to be work out:crying::crying:.

Thanks,

Regards,
Rohit

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Replace the battery first, the next step is much more expensive -replace the motherboard.

Bundas460

Oct 10, 2014
I have same problem except battery draining. Do you think it can be software or battery issue? My gs3 is 2 years old

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app