[WORKING] Broken htc Sensation Digitizer? READ HERE FIRST!!

Search This thread

sandervanzijl

Jan 14, 2008
The only thing i want to try is flashing a stockrom on my sensation and trying out if that improves anything.

i do not have the original screen anymore so it is hard to find the correct version. with soma patience it is workable, and in august i can get a new contract with a new phone.

gabe30

Nov 14, 2010
Hi!

I have replaced the digitizer of two different sensation. I ordered the replacement digitizers from same place. The number on the cable is differ, but both of them is working perfectly with both of sensations.

The number of the originals: PYD V1.0
SW-10 94V-0
E308252 1119
and
PYD_6042A-FPC REV:A
mk V5 T<>2 VTM_0 XH6042A09D

raplacement: PYD V1.0
E219454<>1
ruICACichia
94V-0 1113
and
PYD V1.0
SW-10 94V-0
E308252 1111

I ordered them from ebay.co.uk. the seller: xtechonline

Last edited:

taffypride

Dec 1, 2010
Wells
I haven't as yet bought another digitizer. Doubt very much it will fix the issue, however I may have no other choice but to try...it's only gonna be another £25 down the drain if it doesn't work....

Got my mate to order a new digitizer and tried that....still having no response from the first 50mm of the screen on the left hand side..... :( Another £25 down the drain :(

Edit:

anyone know if something like this will work? It is the only other option I can think of right now...... http://bit.ly/HR7dGt

Edit 2: Just rang around some phone repair shops and they say the XE digitizer will NOT work as it has a different connector despite the phones being identical. Can anyone else confirm this before forking out money for a XE Digitizer?

Last edited:

pedrohp

Apr 20, 2010
Natal
I giving up on this. I'm gonna buy a Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible and send my sensation to HTC repair. Gonna sell it after that.

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
I giving up on this. I'm gonna buy a Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible and send my sensation to HTC repair. Gonna sell it after that.

you wont regret it, screen is 10000 times prettier, im having so much fun with it

theres even a sense 4 port on the way, if you like that kind of stuff

taffypride

Dec 1, 2010
Wells

I've gone the other way and bought a 2nd hand iPhone 3GS...but only because I am tied into a contract until June 2013 and when I do finally upgrade then I will end up with an iPod with Camera and Phone capabilities :)

ursubpar

Dec 26, 2010
Houston TX
Alright everyone,

I need everyone to post their screen model, manufacturing date, and place of origin. I think I might be on to something.

Mine is:

PYD 1.1
E219454
ruICACichia

December 2011

Made in china.

Last edited:

fish_pg

Mar 16, 2012
bought a full LCD with digitizer (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-HTC-SEN...268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1437040c) and replaced it. Surprisingly it works like a charm even though the digitizer from ebay has different code with my stock. Stock code:

PYD v1.0 E219454 <> 1 ICAC kchia 94v-0118. I found that the time I installed the new digitizer, stock ICS ROM will refresh so my advise is those who want to install digitizer from ebay or else where please fresh stock ROM and update to ICS.

Mellow3

May 9, 2012
Hi @ all,

I got a Z710E Sensation (Location EU/Germany).

The screen was replaced by the previous owner, so I don't know the version of the original digitizer.

The version fo the replacement digitizer he built in is: PYD_6042A_FPC REV:A
He bought it at an austrian shop.

The whole screen is very laggy, the left side of the screen (~5mm) does not respond at all.

I tried updating to the latest Stock rom, AOKP Rom and the "Overclocked Kernel" which is said to fix touchscreen problems. None of this software solutions worked.

I just ordered a new replacement digitizer at ebay from the chinese seller "cui1873". The item number is 320900615436.

I will write again when the new digitizer has arrived.

Last edited:

comensart

Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
Hi @ all,

I got a Z710E Sensation (Location EU/Germany).

The screen was replaced by the previous owner, so I don't know the version of the original digitizer.

The version fo the replacement digitizer he built in is: PYD_6042A_FPC REV:A
He bought it at an austrian shop.

The whole screen is very laggy, the left side of the screen (~5mm) does not respond at all.

I tried updating to the latest Stock rom, AOKP Rom and the "Overclocked Kernel" which is said to fix touchscreen problems. None of this software solutions worked.

I just ordered a new replacement digitizer at ebay from the chinese seller "cui1873". The item number is 320900615436.

I will write again when the new digitizer has arrived.

Please let as know if it was successful.
I have the same issue, after the replacement the bottom part of screen is too laggy and not responsive.

Before investing in new digitizer + LCD, I'd like to get some more feedback from the guys who tried it.
Thanks a lot for your responses.

Mellow3

May 9, 2012
Please let as know if it was successful.
I have the same issue, after the replacement the bottom part of screen is too laggy and not responsive.

Before investing in new digitizer + LCD, I'd like to get some more feedback from the guys who tried it.
Thanks a lot for your responses.

No problem!

I wrote to ebay seller no.1-tech and asked him if item 170823156651 is an OEM touchscreen. This is his response:

Dear friend,this item not the original touch screen,just the high copy,but
we have a mother board can test it before we ship it and it can use for the
EU version,please be assure.And this item is no different as that
item,please be assure.Hope this can help you.

I guess the touchscreen I bought (320900615436) isn't an original one neither, I hope it will still work fine...

comensart

Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
I'VE noticed that some digitizers on eBay labeled as Original, and the price is about $10 higher OEM once. The sellers also from China though.
If someone could confirm that originals work's fine.

Btw, my OEM digitizer lags are, unresponsive Bottom 6mm, too sensitive screen in some areas, that's why so difficult to achieve long press.

ursubpar

Dec 26, 2010
Houston TX
I think I might have found a fix.

Even if your on Mike's ICS firmware, It will not fix your digitizer sensitivity.

Flash a 1.50.XXX.XX RUU To fix the screen. It worked for me but now I'm having other digitizer problems.

I ripped my ribbon cable after trying to clean out dust from under the screen. :(

Need to save up some money to get myself a new one now.

comensart

Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
I think I might have found a fix.
Even if your on Mike's ICS firmware, It will not fix your digitizer sensitivity.
Flash a 1.50.XXX.XX RUU To fix the screen. It worked for me

Well it's interesting and an original fix.
I wish I could try it asap.
Would you please suggest any particular 1.50.XXX.XX RUU ... or maybe you can provide a link on to RUU/ROM which had worked for you.

Thanks

ursubpar

Dec 26, 2010
Houston TX
Well it's interesting and an original fix.
I wish I could try it asap.
Would you please suggest any particular 1.50.XXX.XX RUU ... or maybe you can provide a link on to RUU/ROM which had worked for you.

Thanks

If you are SuperCID you should be able to flash any RUU found here: http://www.filefactory.com/f/c87a2330449af512/

I flashed the 1.50.531.1 because I already had this to return my phone to stock once.

You can try whichever RUU that would work with your CID if you're not.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Would anyone here like to sell me an extra digitizer laying around?

The max I can offer is $10.49 USD.

(People that bought a wrong model digitizer have a chance to make some of their money back here) ;)

TheFox

May 20, 2006
Dear all,
Unfortuantelly i am also struggling with the digitizer.
My spare has the same serial numbers as the defect one. (last line ends with 1112)
But i have the same trouble as described.
After waking up the device it is soo laggy for 30 seconds.
I tried different ICS images (RUU and a lot of other ones.)
also some Kernels without any success.

Is there an ICS image which solves the digitizer problems.
A downgrade (is it simply possible?) should be the last opportunity

Thanks in advance
TheFox

ursubpar

Dec 26, 2010
Houston TX
Dear all,
Unfortuantelly i am also struggling with the digitizer.
My spare has the same serial numbers as the defect one. (last line ends with 1112)
But i have the same trouble as described.
After waking up the device it is soo laggy for 30 seconds.
I tried different ICS images (RUU and a lot of other ones.)
also some Kernels without any success.

Is there an ICS image which solves the digitizer problems.
A downgrade (is it simply possible?) should be the last opportunity

Thanks in advance
TheFox

Flash a 1.50.XXX.XX RUU

Test it.

Then flash mikes ICS firmware to go back to ICS

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok most of you guys know but some don't so im gonna tell you, if you break your digitizer and replace it and you dont get the right one your device will have a nasty lag everytime you press the power button to wake it up!

ANOTHER UPDATE: Flash PG58DIAG.nbh it will calibrate your digitizer and itll work again! EVEN if s/n isnt the same as the old one!
    Credits go to DRACULAVK and MELLOW3

(S-OFF and Super CID are required!)

It finally works, thanks to Draculavk

The touchscreen I have is "PYD_6042A_FPC REV:A". Read here about me problem.

The problem is solved! The touchscreen is working brilliant now! :D

Instructions

This will wipe your data!

1. Download PG58DIAG.nbh (Also attached at the bottom of this post REMEMBER TO UNZIP IT!)

2. Place it in the root of your SD Card

3. Turn off the phone

4. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding "Volume Down" button

5. Wait till the file is loaded

5. Press "Volume down". Place your phone on a flat surface and don't touch it!

6. The touchscreen will calibrate. Wait till it is finished. Don't touch it.

7. Remove the battery to turn off the phone.

8. Power it on.

OLD (Worked for some): APPARENTLY IF YOU UPDATE TO SOFTWARE VERSION (BUILD NUMBER) 1.50.401.1. KERNEL VERSION 2.6.35.13-g1e13373 (Sep 5 2011) YOUR DIGITIZER *SHOULD* WORK

im saying should cause we need further testing on this

the point of this thread is work as a guide for you on to which digitizer you should buy in order for your sensation to work well after the replacement

first off to know which digitizer youve got, im sorry, but youll have to disassemble your device and check these numbers:

xfxMk.jpg

and make sure you ask or check with whoever you are buying the digitizer that it HAS THE SAME EXACT LETTERS AND NUMBERS!

ok so here are the versions of the digitizers (it doesnt matter if your sensation is from t-mobile, bell, telus, z710a or z710e you can have either one)

first off is this one:

PYD V1.0
    E21945 1
    ICACichia
    94V-0 1115

which is probably the most common
    you can find it on ebay by this sellers:

no.1-tech in china (http://myworld.ebay.com/no.1-tech/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

and they supply to ask-tronics, in the US (http://myworld.ebay.com/ask_tronics/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

we also have:

PYD V1.0
    E219454<>1
    ruICACichia
    94V-0 1112

very similar to the first one but it wont work if its not the exact same one remember that!

you can find it on ebay by seller yallstock, in singapore (http://myworld.ebay.com/yallstock/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754)

theres also:

pyd v1.0
    sw-10 94v-0
    ew08252 1111

dont have any sellers yet if you find one please report it on this thread

and theres also:

PYD V1.0
    SW-10 94V-0
    E308252.1117

dont have any sellers for this one also report if you find any

remember you can find these digitizers either with the htc logo at the top-center or it can also be t-mobile branded, and it can either one of the above so it doesnt really matter which one you buy as long as it matches the version!

ALSO BEFORE BUYING BE SURE TO ASK THE SELLER IF HE HAS WHATEVER VERSION YOU NEED EVEN IF ITS LISTED ON THIS THREAD

most info on this has been taken from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204052
    It finally works!

It finally works, thanks to Draculavk

The touchscreen I have is "PYD_6042A_FPC REV:A". Read here about me problem.

The problem is solved! The touchscreen is working brilliant now! :D

Instructions

This will wipe your data!

1. Download PG58DIAG.nbh

2. Place it in the root of your SD Card

3. Turn off the phone

4. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding "Volume Down" button

5. Wait till the file is loaded

5. Press "Volume down". Place your phone on a flat surface and don't touch it!

6. The touchscreen will calibrate. Wait till it is finished. Don't touch it.

7. Remove the battery to turn off the phone.

8. Power it on.
    I downloaded that PG58DIAG.nbh file,put it on the root of the SD card and turned off the phone. Turned it on while pressing volume down and power on at the same time. The file starts loading but i get this message :
    " Security fail ! Update Fail! Press power to reboot. " So it seems like the file wont load :(

Got s-off, rooted, and using stock rom. Still getting the "security fail!" error. What can i do?

Howdy Folks!

I had the same error. So I decided to try the SuperCID trick since my phone wasn't, and it passed the security warning after being SuperCID, so just go ahead and do the step 4 of this thread and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the file! It didn't worked for me, my digitizer seems to have a dead zone, time to buy a digitizer.
    yup hopefully this will prevent people from buying the wrong one before its too late! lol
    Hey guys, I need help on checking my sensation xe... I have this weird screen issue and I'm not sure what is the problem.. Any help? :confused:

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

that should be dead pixels, so you have to use the freezer method to fix it. take out everything that is connected to the phone (SIM, MicroSD etc) wrap it an air-tight container, leave it in the freezer overnight (probably yours a few hours as the dead pixels are not that much. thaw it up in a container full of rice so that moisture from condensation is completely absorbed by the rice.