***QUESTIONS BELONG IN Q&A!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
People, we are moving far too many questions into Q&A!

If your question has a [Q] in front of it, it DOESN"T BELONG IN GENERAL!!

Even if there isn't a [Q] there, if it's a question, it DOESN'T BELONG IN GENERAL!!

Please, post in the appropriate forum

Last edited:
M

marcellocord

Why not redirect threads marked with [Q] automatically to Q&A? People won't stop posting questions in the General section ;)

M

marcellocord

We've asked for that feature, I don't know if it's possible, but it sure would help.

I see that the people posting in the General section at least mark the thread as question. So redirecting it automatically could reduce something like 60%+ of the questions here.

Do they know what Q&A is?

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
I see that the people posting in the General section at least mark the thread as question. So redirecting it automatically could reduce something like 60%+ of the questions here.

It's not that they don't know what Q and A is, its just that they think that the question will be solved faster if its in a section where a lot of users visit (more interesting).
But their logic is flawed, since a big flame feast will start the moment they do that :D lool

Reactions: Scfinder

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
I haven't opened a new thread to ask a question in a while, but as far as i know, if you check the box "this is a question" you get an additional warning that posting it in any other section than q&a is a rule violation and one has to confirm to actually post it.

that means that those people clearly violate forum rules after being warned about it. in some devices' sections, threads like that are deleted without further notice, because the moderators don't see themselves as maids for lazy or impudent users.

also, it should be noted, that posting problems, bugs or hardware issues also counts as posting a question.
that means:
- hardware issues should be posted in existing threads of the same issue and for every broken button, the bezel, the display and the battery there already is at least one thread in Q&A.
- hardware issues with accessories should be posted in the accessories section (also in existing threads, where applicable).
- problems with certain apps can be discussed in the themes and apps section, if they are published there, or in Q&A, if not.
- problems that apply to specific roms only should be discussed in the rom's development thread (except for CM), if that helps getting rid of bugs.

If you are a new user that does not yet have the permission to post in development, search if the bug or problem you want to report is already posted, if not, you can either get to the post minimum (without spamming!) to post there yourself or ask in Q&A.

It is so easy and self-explanatory, I don't see, why people keep breaking those rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: reinbeau

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Well the last thing I want to do is warn and/or infract people for posting questions here, but I have to say, this is ridiculous. Dozens and dozens of reports a day (if it weren't for Chef Tony this would be even worse) of questions posted here in General.

Post in the proper forum!!! We have much bigger fish to fry than to constantly have to fix your mistakes! Sorry, but at this point I am thoroughly frustrated. Official warnings and infractions from now on, especially if you've put that [Q] there and ignored the warning.

M

marcellocord

It's simple why they doesn't follow the rules... they just doesn't read the rules ;) You can just tap I accept and done. Who likes to spend a lot of time reading rules? 90% [i think it's really 90%] here doesn't read it. But most of them just know what they can and cannot do.

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
Well the last thing I want to do is warn and/or infract people for posting questions here, but I have to say, this is ridiculous. Dozens and dozens of reports a day (if it weren't for Chef Tony this would be even worse) of questions posted here in General.

Post in the proper forum!!! We have much bigger fish to fry than to constantly have to fix your mistakes! Sorry, but at this point I am thoroughly frustrated. Official warnings and infractions from now on, especially if you've put that [Q] there and ignored the warning.

I do not envy the jobs of you guys as moderators. I am often thoroughly annoyed by various rule violations to the point where I would admonish the violators, but seeing as how I have no actual power, I tend to just as often get flamed for daring to question their status as a special snowflake.

Reactions: MistahBungle

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I do not envy the jobs of you guys as moderators. I am often thoroughly annoyed by various rule violations to the point where I would admonish the violators, but seeing as how I have no actual power, I tend to just as often get flamed for daring to question their status as a special snowflake.

I can assure you that Moderators appreciate help. Some think they are being a pain when they report but they're really not - we can't be everywhere at once. Instead of engaging on the thread tell us and we'll handle it for you :)

fesi157

Oct 17, 2012
sir i got a samsung galaxy s2 and am new to android so i dont no what is this plz tell me how to check its model no and info of ma mobile.i"ll be very thankfull to every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People, we are moving far too many questions into Q&A!

If your question has a [Q] in front of it, it DOESN"T BELONG IN GENERAL!!

Even if there isn't a [Q] there, if it's a question, it DOESN'T BELONG IN GENERAL!!

Please, post in the appropriate forum

Thread closed

Obviously people just don't read. Thread closed by suggestion, it was a good one.

It's not that they don't know what Q and A is, its just that they think that the question will be solved faster if its in a section where a lot of users visit (more interesting).
    But their logic is flawed, since a big flame feast will start the moment they do that :D lool
    I haven't opened a new thread to ask a question in a while, but as far as i know, if you check the box "this is a question" you get an additional warning that posting it in any other section than q&a is a rule violation and one has to confirm to actually post it.

that means that those people clearly violate forum rules after being warned about it. in some devices' sections, threads like that are deleted without further notice, because the moderators don't see themselves as maids for lazy or impudent users.

also, it should be noted, that posting problems, bugs or hardware issues also counts as posting a question.
    that means:
    - hardware issues should be posted in existing threads of the same issue and for every broken button, the bezel, the display and the battery there already is at least one thread in Q&A.
    - hardware issues with accessories should be posted in the accessories section (also in existing threads, where applicable).
    - problems with certain apps can be discussed in the themes and apps section, if they are published there, or in Q&A, if not.
    - problems that apply to specific roms only should be discussed in the rom's development thread (except for CM), if that helps getting rid of bugs.

If you are a new user that does not yet have the permission to post in development, search if the bug or problem you want to report is already posted, if not, you can either get to the post minimum (without spamming!) to post there yourself or ask in Q&A.

It is so easy and self-explanatory, I don't see, why people keep breaking those rules.