Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
★ Steps to use the tool ★

Make Sure You have java installed in your computer.

• Run Flashable-Zip-Creator.jar
  • Select your device from supported device OR import update-binary from any working Rom of your device.
  • To add Apk files.
    - Click on APKs Group
    - Add Group.
    - Select where to push files.
    - Add files to appropriate groups
  • To add Kernel (Only for Supported Devices)
    - Add Group
    - Add 1 boot.img file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
  • To add Boot Animations
    - Add Group
    - Add 1 bootanimation.zip file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
  • To add ringtones and notification files
    - Add Group
    - Add Files to group.
  • To add files that you want to delete from system apps.
    - Click on Delete System Apk
    - Add Exact name of apk file
    - Click on Done!
  • Click on 'Create Normal Flashable Zip' OR Create 'Flashable Zip With Aroma Installer' as per your desire.

★ FAQs ★
  1. My device is not in the list. What should I do to use this tool?
    - Just extract any working zip for your device and extract update-binary from zip's META-INF/google/android folder and import that binary in the tool, make a zip and try flashing it to your device. If the ZIP install is successful, then share update-binary by replying to this thread. Your device will get added to supported devices' list.

2. Can I include application data along with APKs into the flashable zip?
    - No, atleast for now. Data restore facility is yet to be added, but it is planned.

3. I want to go back to recovery from Aroma UI, but there is no back button. What should I do?
    - Just don't select any item in Aroma and keep pressing next until you end up in recovery. Don't worry, if you have selected nothing, then nothing will get flashed, chill.

Last edited:

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
★ Changelog ★

Recent
  • 10-April-2014 : Version 2.0

In Tool

- Fonts Group added
    - support for /preload/symlink/system/app path added.
    - Save/Load Project option
    - Ability to Add Description of File/Group
    - Ability to debug and save log while zip is creating.
    - Add Custom Themes
    - Add Custom Splash Screen
    - Other Preferences added
    - Option to clear dalvik cache by default from tool itself.
    - Edit Build.prop and/or hosts file
    - Edit Generated updater-script and aroma-config
    - Support for more devices.
    - Revamped UI.
    - Bug fixed from v1.0

In Recovery (Aroma)

- An additional Select All and Select None option added
    - 9 more themes added to choose from.
Previous
  • 2-Feb-2014 : Initial Release
    - initial release
    - All features working except "Advanced Group"

★ TODO List ★
  • Ability to choose Gapps to be installed.
  • Ability to add description of particular file.
  • Ability to add Custom Splash screen
  • Save Project Option
  • Add logs to trace problems(if any)
  • Ability to make custom groups, with user defined files and their install locations
  • Support for zImage type kernels
  • Ability to restore data along with apps
  • Option to change theme of aroma-installer

Last edited:

milav

Dec 5, 2010
Ahmedabad
excellent guys was waiting for such application for long time as aroma file package creater was too basic will post replay after i try the app thanks guys good to see developers from gujarat

Reactions: RajatPatel

Cocolopes

Sep 29, 2010
Rosario
Nice...thanks for this app...but I cant download the zip....can you make a mirror?

Its OK...I have to use IE to download from dh....I dont know why Chrome cant do it...

Last edited:
Reactions: RajatPatel

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
excellent guys was waiting for such application for long time as aroma file package creater was too basic will post replay after i try the app thanks guys good to see developers from gujarat

Sure you can suggest any feature requirements or modification in current features as well, feel free to communicate brother.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Nice...thanks for this app...but I cant download the zip....can you make a mirror?

Its OK...I have to use IE to download from dh....I dont know why Chrome cant do it...

Works well on chrome for me. Maybe some issue at your side I guess. If multiple users are facing this issue please let me know so that I can consider making a mirror.

Cocolopes

Sep 29, 2010
Rosario
GooD!

Sure you can suggest any feature requirements or modification in current features as well, feel free to communicate brother.

Well...if you ask....here is a list for possible features/changes:

1- Save Project button. (cuz I just try to make an aroma zip for n7100 and the process stop at 90% and I have to force close the program...so I lost all the things I made).

2- If there is a way...maybe you can add themes for aroma.

3- Individual install path for the apps in the same category. (e.g. in launchers category I have googlehome and nova...and I want to install googlehome in system and nova in data...to do that I need to make separate categorys?).

4- If is posible...add a preview for aroma menu. (I know maybe this is to much...but it would be nice to have something like that).

5- The hability to choose what acction come first...e.g. Remove apps first and then install apps...so I can remove all the things I want and then install the apps...(some times I want to delete from system some app...like g+ and install it as regular app...so if I need to delete it I can do it like a normal app).

6- Select custom splash image for aroma.

7- The hability to re arrange and edit names of the categorys and the apps....and for the apps a description for aroma would be great.

I know maybe ask for all of this its to much...and I dont know if some of this are possible to do features.

Thanks for make this program...

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
Well...if you ask....here is a list for possible features/changes:

1- Save Project button. (cuz I just try to make an aroma zip for n7100 and the process stop at 90% and I have to force close the program...so I lost all the things I made).

2- If there is a way...maybe you can add themes for aroma.

3- Individual install path for the apps in the same category. (e.g. in launchers category I have googlehome and nova...and I want to install googlehome in system and nova in data...to do that I need to make separate categorys?).

4- If is posible...add a preview for aroma menu. (I know maybe this is to much...but it would be nice to have something like that).

5- The hability to choose what acction come first...e.g. Remove apps first and then install apps...so I can remove all the things I want and then install the apps...(some times I want to delete from system some app...like g+ and install it as regular app...so if I need to delete it I can do it like a normal app).

6- Select custom splash image for aroma.

7- The hability to re arrange and edit names of the categorys and the apps....and for the apps a description for aroma would be great.

I know maybe ask for all of this its to much...and I dont know if some of this are possible to do features.

Thanks for make this program...

Well, first of all many thanks for your suggestions.

And among the features that you suggested, feature number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 are very much possible and we'll consider adding it to our next release.

For feature no. 4, well, all I can say is that give me some designer and I can do that. First part of 7th point is possible and we'll consider adding it but I can't get what you are trying to convey in the latter part of 7th point. May you describe it a little bit more?

Cocolopes

Sep 29, 2010
Rosario
Well, first of all many thanks for your suggestions.

And among the features that you suggested, feature number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 are very much possible and we'll consider adding it to our next release.

For feature no. 4, well, all I can say is that give me some designer and I can do that. First part of 7th point is possible and we'll consider adding it but I can't get what you are trying to convey in the latter part of 7th point. May you describe it a little bit more?

You are wellcome...and its good to see that almost all my suggestions are posible....

For the last part of suggestion 7......I mean a description for the app....e.g. I add mms.apk from AOSP rom....and I want a way to add a description for that app...like THIS IS MMS APP FROM CM11...or what ever I want to put there...so in aroma I can read it.

Reactions: nagpalkapil

RajatPatel

Jun 23, 2009
Ahmedabad
www.technotravel.in
You are wellcome...and its good to see that almost all my suggestions are posible....

For the last part of suggestion 7......I mean a description for the app....e.g. I add mms.apk from AOSP rom....and I want a way to add a description for that app...like THIS IS MMS APP FROM CM11...or what ever I want to put there...so in aroma I can read it.

Ah! okay got it. So mark point 7 as possible too!! :victory:

-CALIBAN666-

i have a request for future update, it where cool when we have the possiblity to flash libs and xml´s too.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

for have full support for my device,here are update binary+updater script from latest cm11 on LG Optimus L5 e610.

Attachments

• update-binary+script.zip
    175.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: Nikhil

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
adding huawei u8860 .

what is needed is in zip... from latest cm11 for my device.
thank you sir...

Attachments

• android-u8860.zip
    170.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: Nikhil

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
hey man can you ad the HTC One S C2 to your list ? i put the updater script and binary in atach...

what is needed is in zip... from latest cm11 for my device.
thank you sir...

i have a request for future update, it where cool when we have the possiblity to flash libs and xml´s too.
for have full support for my device,here are update binary+updater script from latest cm11 on LG Optimus L5 e610.

Yes, Planned. It will take time but eventually it will be implemented. :)

I will share a test zip soon. Confirm if it is working. If it does, device will be in the list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tool][Windows/Linux] Android Flashable Zip Creator v3.0 Beta

Development of this tool continues to following thread
    https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/tool-6-feb-android-flashable-zip-t3551772
    ★ Steps to use the tool ★

Make Sure You have java installed in your computer.

• Run Flashable-Zip-Creator.jar
    • Select your device from supported device OR import update-binary from any working Rom of your device.
    • To add Apk files.
      - Click on APKs Group
      - Add Group.
      - Select where to push files.
      - Add files to appropriate groups
    • To add Kernel (Only for Supported Devices)
      - Add Group
      - Add 1 boot.img file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
    • To add Boot Animations
      - Add Group
      - Add 1 bootanimation.zip file to created group (To add more, create more groups)
    • To add ringtones and notification files
      - Add Group
      - Add Files to group.
    • To add files that you want to delete from system apps.
      - Click on Delete System Apk
      - Add Exact name of apk file
      - Click on Done!
    • Click on 'Create Normal Flashable Zip' OR Create 'Flashable Zip With Aroma Installer' as per your desire.

★ FAQs ★
    1. My device is not in the list. What should I do to use this tool?
      - Just extract any working zip for your device and extract update-binary from zip's META-INF/google/android folder and import that binary in the tool, make a zip and try flashing it to your device. If the ZIP install is successful, then share update-binary by replying to this thread. Your device will get added to supported devices' list.

2. Can I include application data along with APKs into the flashable zip?
      - No, atleast for now. Data restore facility is yet to be added, but it is planned.

3. I want to go back to recovery from Aroma UI, but there is no back button. What should I do?
      - Just don't select any item in Aroma and keep pressing next until you end up in recovery. Don't worry, if you have selected nothing, then nothing will get flashed, chill.

★ Changelog ★

Recent
    • 10-April-2014 : Version 2.0

In Tool

- Fonts Group added
      - support for /preload/symlink/system/app path added.
      - Save/Load Project option
      - Ability to Add Description of File/Group
      - Ability to debug and save log while zip is creating.
      - Add Custom Themes
      - Add Custom Splash Screen
      - Other Preferences added
      - Option to clear dalvik cache by default from tool itself.
      - Edit Build.prop and/or hosts file
      - Edit Generated updater-script and aroma-config
      - Support for more devices.
      - Revamped UI.
      - Bug fixed from v1.0

In Recovery (Aroma)

- An additional Select All and Select None option added
      - 9 more themes added to choose from.
    Previous
    • 2-Feb-2014 : Initial Release
      - initial release
      - All features working except "Advanced Group"

★ TODO List ★
    • Ability to choose Gapps to be installed.
    • Ability to add description of particular file.
    • Ability to add Custom Splash screen
    • Save Project Option
    • Add logs to trace problems(if any)
    • Ability to make custom groups, with user defined files and their install locations
    • Support for zImage type kernels
    • Ability to restore data along with apps
    • Option to change theme of aroma-installer
    @Nikhil bro its along time you decided to release v3.0 but didnt it
    can you please clear us dear ?

Hi,
    Sorry for taking so long but I am on a job now and get less time(couple of hours in weekends) for development. As I said earlier, functionality wise next version is ready but I haven't worked on GUI so you wont find many options in it.
    Normally I only make stable releases but since you guys have been waiting so long, I am sharing the link to beta version of the tool.
    @chrisa887 could you please help those users who are looking for instructions? :)

Brief Instructions : Just import your Rom or Gapps or both file(s) in tool and click on Create Zip.

Note : you wont find options to add apps or bootanimations in this beta version so for time being, settle down with Rom and Gapps and use v2.0 for apps and other stuffs.
    You can add apps but the mechanism is a little bit different. Still if you want to include apps and other files in Rom zip itself, take chrisa887's help, he will guide you. :)

Download AFZC v3.0 Beta
    Feel free to suggest anything and also if you find any bugs, report them.

With this post, I am resuming work on the tool and soon I will prepare a better UI with all options and release it as soon as I can. :)
    The conversation just died and I do not see the updates coming anymore. Was this possibly moved to another thread? Not asking for a eta. Jus twondering if you are still working on this or your personal lives are requiring attention for a while.

Please keep up the work as this tool has so much potential.
    We have few ideas in mind for next release. Like aroma for gapps, Rom, etc. (Most importantly Feature requests are things that encourage us to work). Next release will be big. Implementing such things is a tough task and takes time. :)

The Conversation here is dead as users are not responding with their feedback! It's over 370 downloads for v2.0 and nobody is giving feedback! I don't know if the tool is stable enough for them to work that they don't face any problems or they are not willing to respond!
    Progress will pickup speed if users will show interest towards this tool. Otherwise next release will take longer than usual. :)