[Q] Re: No Samsung Apps - S-pen

Search This thread

Zborg

Sep 15, 2010
Andover, Hampshire UK
Installed aosb_kk_1.3.2_n7100 Rom & After abt 8 roms forgot if samsung account was available when starting Rom install....

Basically I don't have samsung account apps Nor samsung account to add..

Just want all the S-pen apps .... Any Help guys...Some1 with knowledge as I've lost mine.....#

Dont't want to install with full wipe as It's taken ages to get the look I Needed..

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
To run S-Pen features you got to install Touchwiz Roms, not AOSB, AOSP or others from Android Original Development. Last don't support the stylus and it's possibilities.

Reactions: Zborg

Mufi_t

Jan 17, 2011
Mum
To run S-Pen features you got to install Touchwiz Roms, not AOSB, AOSP or others from Android Original Development. Last don't support the stylus and it's possibilities.

So there are no AOSP ROM's or Any Mod's which can support any of S-Pen features?? I wanted to try one of those but without S-Pen functionality its kind of No No.

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
People will never understand that AOSP Android =/= Samsung TW Android. If you wanted Samsung's S Pen features, you'll have to go for a stock Samsung ROM. AOSP wasn't designed with Samsung's proprietary features in mind.

It's so hard to explain it to people who refuse to understand.

Reactions: Zborg

Zborg

Sep 15, 2010
Andover, Hampshire UK
People will never understand that AOSP Android =/= Samsung TW Android. If you wanted Samsung's S Pen features, you'll have to go for a stock Samsung ROM. AOSP wasn't designed with Samsung's proprietary features in mind.

Thx guys installed apps needed for s-pen.........so all ok..thx.....

Zborg

Sep 15, 2010
Andover, Hampshire UK
Care to share which apps you used? I used to use AOKP, but then switched to Ditto Note 3 because I wanted the Samsung S Pen suite, HDMI out and a camera that actually works properly.

Autodesk sketchbookpro/calulator/filenote/freenote/gtasks/keep/lecturenotes/papyrus

Just basic stuff ..... Also using gesture from within Rom to activate an App..... Prob nowhere near as good as stuff you get with DN3!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ohh ok.. I hope someday it gets changed.. :p:D

Can't as it is closed Samsung source so it can't be added to open source projects

Bat cave One
    So there are no AOSP ROM's or Any Mod's which can support any of S-Pen features?? I wanted to try one of those but without S-Pen functionality its kind of No No.

S-Pen features need Samsung Touchwiz UI which AOSPs don't have, so: NO WAY