GS4 shuts down within two seconds of startup

Search This thread

phonedawg

Jul 12, 2013
My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.

Last edited:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
My GS4 was stable for months but started shutting down randomly recently. The frequency increased with time and now it shuts down(display turns off) in a couple of seconds after I turn it on. It does not even stay on long enough to boot to system or recovery or download. Any ideas on how to fix are appreciated.

I tried swapping the battery with a new one but it did not help. The power button does not work anymore and I can only get the phone to start(for 2 seconds before the display turns off) sometimes by taking out and putting in the battery.

really need to provide more information....