[SCRIPT/ZIP][N9005][4.4.2/5.0] Init.d Support without need of use Custom Kernel

Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Firstly a big thanks to @Ryuinferno for this very interesting thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849

Unfortunately, above script does not work in case of Samsung Qualcomm (Snapdragon) devices running 4.4.2/5.0 KitKat/Lollipop stock kernel.

Fortunately @shazzl in post #438 suggested a very interesting idea to start run-parts using /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh

I tuned, nuanced and implemented this idea in real life by creating my add_initd.sh script. I have created also a CWM/MOP flashable file to apply this modification as simple as possible :)

Requirements:
- a rooted Samsung Qualcomm (Snapdragon) device
- custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) or Mobile Odin PRO
- Busybox installed (every custom ROM should contains it, in case of (CF-Auto-)rooted pure stock - just install it using THIS APP from Play Store)

Download link:
add_qcom_initd.zip

Installation:
1. Custom recovery (KNOX 0x1) - open file using "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
2. Mobile Odin PRO - open file using "OTA/Update ZIP" option. UNTICK Everroot! This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to udating every ROM by Mobile Odin PRO only)

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Nice work, i was going crazy by trying all Scripts 4 init.d support, to get it going on Stock Kernel. Your idea is great and i'll try it next time, when i'm going back 2 Stock.

Gesendet von meinem hlte

ANDROIDXFOREVER

Mar 8, 2014
sanremo

Unfortunately, above script does not work in case of Samsung Qualcomm (Snapdragon) devices running 4.4.2 KitKat stock kernel.

Fortunately @shazzl in post #438 suggested a very interesting idea to start run-parts using /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh

I tuned, nuanced and implemented this idea in real life by creating my add_initd.sh script. I have created also a CWM/MOP flashable file to apply this modification as simple as possible :)

Requirements:
- custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) or Mobile Odin
- Busybox installed (every custom ROM should contains it, in case of (CF-Auto-)rooted pure stock - just install it using THIS APP from Play Store)

Download links:
add_qcom_initd.zip (MEGA)
add_qcom_initd.zip (Mirror cps)

Installation:
1. Custom recovery (KNOX 0x1) - open file using "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
2. Mobile Odin - open file using "OTA/Update ZIP" option. UNTICK Everroot! This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to udating every ROM by Mobile Odin PRO only)
great work Thanks mate

Geofferey

Jan 1, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Thanks

Hey Alex, thanks for creating this init.d enabler :) I was trying to enable init.d on my stock Galaxy Tab 3 running KitKat with KNOX & nothing was working. I even tried adding support to kernels init.rc with no success. Not only that it taught me more about enabling init.d support & inspired me to write a script that utilizes your method, Ryuinferno's and one I came up with on my own combined with Ryuinferno's. It will also add a 2nd-init.d for ROMs with kernels that execute scripts too early and hang the system (I had one that did this). So you can have two init.ds one that came with ROM and another. If you could check it out, I'd really appreciate your input. It's still a WIP & definitely needs improvement.

Uni-init.d.sh

Last edited:

amk19

Jul 3, 2014
Bangalore
Question

Hi @_alexndr
I am using Galaxy Note 3 N9005XXUGNG1.
Rooted Stock ROM with Stock Recovery and Knox 0x0.
Can you tell me how can I enable init.d feature for the Stock Kernel with tripping Knox.
Thanks.

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi @_alexndr
Can you tell me how can I enable init.d feature for the Stock Kernel with tripping Knox.
Thanks.

I hope that you meant "without tripping Knox" ;)

Everything is well explained in post #1. Just use Mobile Odin PRO and follow according to point 2 (Installation)

Reactions: alex00006

Mitoush

Feb 14, 2011
No if you want to keep KNOX 0x0 ;)

BTW
I can confirm it works running Android L (tested on SM-G900F) :D so I'm sure it will be work running Android 5.0 for N9005 :cool:

I assumed that safestrap works like Mobile Odin. I was already going to flash it. Thanks for the warning.
What would be different if I use install zip in safestrap CWM than in Mobile Odin?

Last edited:

Maxix9

Nov 5, 2013
Hello.,.

This is a great mod., "

Can anyone please share int.d tweak files that I put inside of the folder.."

Seraphim401

Nov 19, 2012
Paramaribo
You sir are awesome!
For days have been trying too install 3minitbatery on my stock 5.0 n9005.
I'm a complete noob at using apktool so I thought I made a mistake when compiling and decompiling the systemUi.apk.
Followed your instructions and boom the app worked ! [emoji1]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unfortunately, above script does not work in case of Samsung Qualcomm (Snapdragon) devices running 4.4.2/5.0 KitKat/Lollipop stock kernel.

Requirements:
    - custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) or Mobile Odin PRO

Download link:
    add_qcom_initd.zip

Installation:
    2. Mobile Odin PRO - open file using "OTA/Update ZIP" option. UNTICK Everroot! This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to udating every ROM by Mobile Odin PRO only)
    Thanks

Hey Alex, thanks for creating this init.d enabler :) I was trying to enable init.d on my stock Galaxy Tab 3 running KitKat with KNOX & nothing was working. I even tried adding support to kernels init.rc with no success. Not only that it taught me more about enabling init.d support & inspired me to write a script that utilizes your method, Ryuinferno's and one I came up with on my own combined with Ryuinferno's. It will also add a 2nd-init.d for ROMs with kernels that execute scripts too early and hang the system (I had one that did this). So you can have two init.ds one that came with ROM and another. If you could check it out, I'd really appreciate your input. It's still a WIP & definitely needs improvement.

Uni-init.d.sh
    Alexndr is really a good worker, I use his rom 's, script, his uploaded files on his androidfilehost's for my s3, N3, his works on the permissions is amazing and all is always really perfect.
    Really a serious DEVELLOPER'S
    Another mirror pls. Second one is down, and mega is not working on so me Europeans countries.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

add_qcom_initd.zip (Dropbox)
    Hi @_alexndr
    Thanks.

I hope that you meant "without tripping Knox" ;)

Everything is well explained in post #1. Just use Mobile Odin PRO and follow according to point 2 (Installation)