[Q] 64 GB SD - Phone deletes files by itself!?

Search This thread

holzzelt

Aug 27, 2007
Hello,

i use the HTC Saga with cyanogenmod 10.2 and a 64 gb sd card. i formated the card with fat32. The phone recognizes the 64 GB and everything seems to be fine. this is my problem:

1. copy my music collection to sd card. Windows pc displays some 50 GB used, 10 GB free.
2. Put sd card in phone. phone displays only one folder with music, the other folders are empty.
3. connect sd card to computer. only the folder, which contains musikc according to the phone actually contains music. the rest of the folders are empty - sd card has only 10 GB free memory. so the sd card is full but the folders are displayed empty?!

What seems to be the problem? cyanogenmod? Android? Media scan? Sd Card? How can i solve this?

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Maybe a problem with using a 64 gig card? I'm sure the DS was specced for 32 gig maximum, but an mobile at the moment so can't check.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Trying to format 64GB with FAT32 is the problem. AFAIK it's not expected to work, and you're going to get funny behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: SimonTS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trying to format 64GB with FAT32 is the problem. AFAIK it's not expected to work, and you're going to get funny behavior.