Voice phone call problems

Search This thread

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
Voice phone call problems. I can make a receive voice phone calls around my local area (approx. 30 min driving circle), outside of that area, I can not make or receive calls, data and texts work fine. Called Verizon, over an hour on the phone trying many things, settings, sim card removal, refreshing network, checking for call restrictions, nothing worked. Took the phone it to a Verizon store, got a new sim card, same thing, no go. I have a refurbished phone coming from Verizon, but would rather keep my new phone.

Any guesses? Roaming is turned on phone, everything seems good, just no out of area calls. If I try to place a call, all it does is sit there saying "dialing" but I here no sounds. After a bit I get error message "out of service area", and then "call lost". It may have done this from day one, as I do not use this phone much for traveling, as I have a work cell. Any help would be great. Thanks.

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
Would a screen shot from the app LTE on/off, help someone to see if some radio setting is wrong?

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
I know one thing that is different from my phone to the other two m8's I have here is under the heading radio band, I only have two choices, usa band, and 1800-1900 band, my wife and daughter's phones have a third choice, 800-900 band. Could this be it? And how do I get the third choice back?

duybinh

Feb 29, 2008
Ok guys, what I found out is that you have to use thunderbolt lte app from the play store. Choose cdma+lte, then choose the other radio band, not the US band. Exit out and you are good to go.

Now every time you reboot the phone, you have to go through it again. I don't know why it doesn't stick. Maybe some one can help

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda premium

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
Another thing I see different is, in the list of stuff in the lte on off app, Next to GSM service, my phone says emergency only, and the other phones say GSM service, in service. How do I change it from emergency only to in service?