[Q] Is the htc one a world phone?

Search This thread

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
They have differences in 4G LTE. But that's all I think NFC should be also available although I am a bit worried with the note on the specs stating that it would be depending on network carrier or region.

Well, that might be an issue for me... I haven't noticed any difference in LTE bands so far, but if they have different bands regarding different markets, then it will be a little bit more difficult for me to find the appropriate for my market...

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta
I've been interested in this as well.

I would tend to think that most if not all units in the wild are demos and in stores or at trade shows. (We haven't heard of any official reviews yet; Anand, phonedog, et al) these aren't the type of environments to test out the ir.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Well, that might be an issue for me... I haven't noticed any difference in LTE bands so far, but if they have different bands regarding different markets, then it will be a little bit more difficult for me to find the appropriate for my market...

Asian and europe variant tend to have the most common LTE bands on them. But if you're from US then buy it from your carrier since they have these very unique LTE bands.

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Im regrat buying this phone..its looks like having "not charging" problem alot..try search in the forum.... :mad:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
No..im not lost..mine die for more than 1 month..dont know what to do until i try to let it charge on wall plug 4 days straight until LED is on..now everything ok..weird..guest battery die flat completely..:confused:

Maybe you should double check the thread title.

And if you really do have an HTC One, update your sig; which you appear to have done now.

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Maybe you should double check the thread title.

And if you really do have an HTC One, update your sig; which you appear to have done now.

I have both htc one and note 2..when H1 got problem, i can not use it..its dead..so i use my note 2 to update and read this forum..now my H1 is ok..n im using its now..thats why little confuse on the signature..:D..any way im happy now..its really weird how the problem occur n solve by its self..:confused:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Something definately wrong with H1..its shutdown by its self today already 2 time..power button alone can not power it up..i had to press pow + vol down to ON it..:(

Edit: its shutdown more frequen..about every 5 to 10 minute..including during charging..i suspected problem is due to low battery level..which 20% when 1st shutdown by its self..so i though maybe something wrong with its battery %..so what is do is i push vol up+down n power button to calibrate the battery..and since then already 1 day no shutdown bg its self anymore..keep cross finger..:confused:

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The phone doesn't have support for the 1700 band, but will work on the 2100 band offered by your provider. The biggest problem you face is what is the difference between bands for VTS, typically network providers will offer a faster network and or more coverage on one of their bands. If in Chile this is the 2100 band you are away laughing.

Just had a look at the specs of your HTC Desire HD and the news is bad.The new HTC one will the same as your previous phone on that network.

I don't understand what you are saying about your phone not on 3G, the 2100Mhz network is 3G, however it would seem that your provider is offering it's premium higher speed services on 1700Mhz.

I suggest you go to www.gsmarena.com then search for brands of phones that have 1700Mhz radios. So got to say HTC, and under bands select 1700 then filter, you will find only 13.

After checking this, scrub the above and only use it as a super rough guide. Because it states the Sony XZ as 1700Mhz, but no Sony website claims this that I can see.
    I've got a bit of a similar question about where this phone will work on a specific network. If I buy an unlocked CDMA version of the HTC one, can I just drop a Verizon sim card into it and use the phone on verizon's network?

There is no CDMA version, and cdma devices do not use sim cards.

M.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Hello :)

Do you know if the European version of the HTC One will be compatible with the American 3G network (ie : AT&T)...

Because last summer I was in USA and with my old HTC (not compatible with AT&T 3G), I was only able to use 2G networks for internet and it was very very bad... :(

So I'm asking ! :)

Many thanks in advance for the answer !!! :good:

Well, as far as I know, the HTC One will be just one device with no difference with the ones sold in America, Europe, Asia, etc...