[Q] HTC HD7 update to Windows 7.8?

Search This thread

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
Hi everybody,I have a HTC HD7 with this software version.

OS Version: 7.10.8779.8
Firmware revision number: NG+3.4
Hardware revision number: 0002
Radio software version: 5.71.09.02a_22.51.50.21U
Radio hardware version: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader version: 3.1.2250.0(119314)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

I would like to update phone to Windows 7.8,as i can see,i think that my phone hasn't got stock rom,so how sholud I update it to 7.8?Can i install stock 7.8 rom or I have to install some other 7.8 rom?And do I have RSPL/HSPL installed on my device?When I connected phone to Zune,it gave me an update to 7.10.8783.12,I went through,but it gave me a error code 80180048,so what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings.

Last edited:

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
As I can see my device has got HSPL installed,so I followed this tutorial to install custom rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1295068

But,when i want to install rom using task29 i get error,saying that device is not connected.
First I have entered bootloader mode,than i connected the phone to PC,on phone screen it changed from SERIAL to USB,but no luck,task 29 keep saying that device is not connected,so I can't install 7.8 custom rom.

Please help.

Thanks.

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
As I can see my device has got HSPL installed,so I followed this tutorial to install custom rom.

But,when i want to install rom using task29 i get error,saying that device is not connected.
First I have entered bootloader mode,than i connected the phone to PC,on phone screen it changed from SERIAL to USB,but no luck,task 29 keep saying that device is not connected,so I can't install 7.8 custom rom.

Please help.

Thanks.

Do you want to install a custom ROM or do you just want to update to WP 7.8?

Reactions: djole199

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
I would like to install Deepshining HD7 v8.1 ROM,on current ROM I have Nokia Drive,and i would like to have it on 7.8 as well,does Nokia Drive come with ROMs or I have to install it my self?As I said,I tried to install Deepshining HD7 v8.1 Custom Rom via task 29,but i was unable because of device not connected error.

P.S.I am on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for the reply.

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
I would like to install Deepshining HD7 v8.1 ROM,on current ROM I have Nokia Drive,and i would like to have it on 7.8 as well,does Nokia Drive come with ROMs or I have to install it my self?As I said,I tried to install Deepshining HD7 v8.1 Custom Rom via task 29,but i was unable because of device not connected error.

Thanks for the reply.

if Bootloader version is 3.xx or 2.xx or 1.xx
download XSPL, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16189671&postcount=1
extract the contents of the rar.
run DFT_RSPL..._LAUNCH.exe
please, read information text. select 'Next' button.
power off device and enter Bootloader.
connect device via USB to PC, 'Serial' will change to 'USB' once connected properly.
select 'Next' button on the XSPL wizard and it should now detect your device.
note. do not proceed if OSPL is 5.xx or 4.xx, instead go to Step 05.
select the closest OSPL, on the wizard, to the one on device.
select 'Next' button. wait until wizard proceeds to final page. read and close window.
note. device must boot into Bootloader.
if Bootloader reads RSPLX.Y.Z and CotullaRSPL, then RSPL was successful.
continue to Step #30 or #38.

Quoted from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1295068

The Dynamics 2.2 ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523991 ) has all the Nokia apps pre-installed,
The Deepshining 8.1 doesn't, you will need to install them manually

Last edited:

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
I don't understand,I have to install RSPL or HSPL every time when i want new ROM?
When I enter Bootloader here is what it says.

PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
HSPL3.1.2250.0(119314)
CotullaHSPL 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 7580MB
Partition Info-v211v413

If I understood it from the guide above,i just have to install Custom ROM now?Am I right?

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
I don't understand,I have to install RSPL or HSPL every time when i want new ROM?

PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
HSPL3.1.2250.0(119314)
CotullaHSPL 0x07
TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 7580MB
Partition Info-v211v413

If I understood it from the guide above,i just have to install Custom ROM now?Am I right?

Which ROM do you want to install?

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
Yes,but like I said,I tried twice to install it,and task 29 said that device is not connected,
I followed task 29 steps,and it says.

2.Establish an ActiveSync connection with your Pda Phone.

I think this is the problem why it doesn't work,becuse there is not ActiveSync for Windows 7,but I installed Windows Mobile Device Center,but still no luck,what i noticed is that my PC can see the phone in Windows Mobile Device Center only if i turn on Zune,emidietly if I turn of Zune,Windows Mobile Device Center says that device is not connected,and trouble is that when phone is in Bootloader,Windows Mobile Device Center and Zune don't recognize it.

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
Yes,but like I said,I tried twice to install it,and task 29 said that device is not connected,

I think this is the problem why it doesn't work,becuse there is not ActiveSync for Windows 7,but I installed Windows Mobile Device Center,but still no luck,what i noticed is that my PC can see the phone in Windows Mobile Device Center only if i turn on Zune,emidietly if I turn of Zune,Windows Mobile Device Center says that device is not connected,and trouble is that when phone is in Bootloader,Windows Mobile Device Center and Zune don't recognize it.

Did you install the drivers?

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
Can U tell me how to do it,because when i turn off phone and connect it,phone starts up by itself.

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
Can U tell me how to do it,because when i turn off phone and connect it,phone starts up by itself.

Plug your USB cable in your PC without your phone connected, now turn off your phone and press power on + volume down on your phone and the colour screen will pop up at the bottom it will say "Serial", now you will need to plug in your USB cable that was already connected to your PC and the drivers will install and if you have done everything right it will says "USB" at the bottom of your screen

ThomasKIK

Aug 6, 2012
HTC Leo
HTC HD7
Thans,it went through,I am installing The Deepshining 8.1 ROM right now. :)

I'm happy to hear that! Now for Nokia Drive try this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2070997

Q: How to deploy XAPs?
A:
1. You need to connect your phone to your desktop
2. Start Zune and wait for Zune to discover your phone.
3. Run Multiple Xap download here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=943842 and make sure your device is not screen locked.
4. Deploy Xaps

Have fun with your new ROM.

Ps. a click on the thanks button would be highly appreciated

Last edited:

djole199

Apr 8, 2011
I downloaded Multiple Xap,but it wont start,also Devstore8 on my phone is not working.
Is there another way do deploy XAPS.

Thanks once again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please help.

Thanks.

Do you want to install a custom ROM or do you just want to update to WP 7.8?

Thanks for the reply.

if Bootloader version is 3.xx or 2.xx or 1.xx
    download XSPL, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16189671&postcount=1
    extract the contents of the rar.
    run DFT_RSPL..._LAUNCH.exe
    please, read information text. select 'Next' button.
    power off device and enter Bootloader.
    connect device via USB to PC, 'Serial' will change to 'USB' once connected properly.
    select 'Next' button on the XSPL wizard and it should now detect your device.
    note. do not proceed if OSPL is 5.xx or 4.xx, instead go to Step 05.
    select the closest OSPL, on the wizard, to the one on device.
    select 'Next' button. wait until wizard proceeds to final page. read and close window.
    note. device must boot into Bootloader.
    if Bootloader reads RSPLX.Y.Z and CotullaRSPL, then RSPL was successful.
    continue to Step #30 or #38.

Quoted from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1295068

The Dynamics 2.2 ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523991 ) has all the Nokia apps pre-installed,
    The Deepshining 8.1 doesn't, you will need to install them manually

PD29100 SS-BC (4K)
    HSPL3.1.2250.0(119314)
    CotullaHSPL 0x07
    TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

SD SANDISK 7580MB
    Partition Info-v211v413

Which ROM do you want to install?

Did you install the drivers?

When you enter bootloader while your phone is connected to the PC there will need to be some drivers installed