Screen replacement?

Search This thread

dethrat

Jan 2, 2012
You could get away with just the glass and digitizer but if you have never done it before I wouldn't recommend it as it can be a PITA. The item in the link should work fine.

Should I buy with or without the frame? Does it matter? I'm just looking for the cheapest place and what to buy. Money's a bit tight and my nexus 4 picked a bad time to fall.

Ether way I'm repairing it myself just need to materials.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jrosetto

May 18, 2012
Clearwater
Should I buy with or without the frame? Does it matter? I'm just looking for the cheapest place and what to buy. Money's a bit tight and my nexus 4 picked a bad time to fall.

Ether way I'm repairing it myself just need to materials.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I would get it with the frame. To get the frame off your old one you have to carefully remove the glass without damaging the frame which is tricky without the right tools. I would just get what you presented for the easiest repair.

mark675

May 29, 2010
I would get it with the frame. To get the frame off your old one you have to carefully remove the glass without damaging the frame which is tricky without the right tools. I would just get what you presented for the easiest repair.

i have just replaced the screen assembly on my n4, i bought the screen and frame, it was a few £ more expensive but worth it in time saved, i don't think its worth the extra hassle to save a few £

Last edited: