My battery connection tab fell off

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I'm talking about the little tab, cover that covers up the bottom connection where you plug the phone in at. As anyways mine just completely fell off my phone.besides covering up the connection for no water will get in if I get my phone wet there's Really no need for it right? What is this part called? Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
Usb cover is what I know it as.
Dust and water resistance is it's only purpose and you can use it without it.
They go for about 6$ on eBay for a replacement

Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013

So basically if I was to sell my Gs5 it won't hurt the value of my device. Thanks

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
So basically if I was to sell my Gs5 it won't hurt the value of my device. Thanks

It will if you don't replace it. You're the 4th person who had this issue. Wow samsung...ridiculous for a $700 phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
It will if you don't replace it. You're the 4th person who had this issue. Wow samsung...ridiculous for a $700 phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering my question bud.I will just buy one and hold onto it for when and if I ever sell my Gs5.and as far as you know it's called a Usb cover. Thanks

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for answering my question bud.I will just buy one and hold onto it for when and if I ever sell my Gs5.and as far as you know it's called a Usb cover. Thanks

Does anyone have a link from eBay that I can order this part from. Thanks

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Mine broke today. I didn't want to deal with refurbs so I don't want to replace the whole phone. I still thought I should stop at a tmobile store and see what they could do. To my surprise, they had a returned S5 and were willing to take the cover off of that one and put it on the new one. The other sad part is they said I wasn't the first one to have this issue. Apparently it's pretty common. :( I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung.

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Mine broke today. I didn't want to deal with refurbs so I don't want to replace the whole phone. I still thought I should stop at a tmobile store and see what they could do. To my surprise, they had a returned S5 and were willing to take the cover off of that one and put it on the new one. The other sad part is they said I wasn't the first one to have this issue. Apparently it's pretty common. :( I'm pretty disappointed in Samsung.

No **** for $700.00 we should not have these problems.

Reactions: aooga

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
Yeah I have noticed that if you are not really careful with it they do tend to break easily
When opening it you need to open along the lines with the hinge and keeping it parallel with the screen and shouldn't have any issues.
'But if it is twisted above or below the phone at all or anything beyond the straight in or out it will break after a little repetition.

gridflash

Sep 21, 2011
Portland, OR
How much did you pay for your wireless charger? Do you have a link where you bought it at? Thanks

This the thread from last week where I discussed this. Since then there has apparently has been a run on the black pads.
And they've gone from 18.90 to 47.49.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776884&page=3

But the white ones are still 17.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Qi-St...55159?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item27e324a917

What was good about Thoth's Camera Store is they're in New York.. You don't have to wait for ePacket delivery from China.

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
This the thread from last week where I discussed this. Since then there has apparently has been a run on the black pads.
And they've gone from 18.90 to 47.49.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2776884&page=3

But the white ones are still 17.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Qi-St...55159?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item27e324a917

What was good about Thoth's Camera Store is they're in New York.. You don't have to wait for ePacket delivery from China.

So how do you hook up, Install on of these wireless chargers.are they pretty good chargers. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OEM part for USB cover

Here is the original OEM part from a source other than eBay, just in case that one disappears. Simply unscrew the little retainer above the broken cover and put this one in.

IP67 fully restored.

http://www.witrigs.com/oem-usb-cover-flap-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-sm-g900f

No **** for $700.00 we should not have these problems.