Buy G3 with 801 processor or wait for 805?

Search This thread

Rupar4o

Feb 5, 2014
Sofia
I was thinking to buy LG G3 32GB with 3 GB ram but now I heard that there is going to be a version with snapdragon 805.
Is it worth to wait? I am placed in front of a dilemma - Please help.

What do you think? Are you going to wait for the new version or not?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
There might not even be an 805 variant. If there is, it might not even be for your region.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This question pops up every time a new device comes out, whether it's a different manufacturer or an updated model.

If there is an 805 model coming soon, by the time it arrives, you'll be wondering about the G4 as that will be in the rumour mill. Next comes the G4 Prime, G5.....

If you want the device, buy it. You can always sell it if you really want the new version If and When.

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
This question pops up every time a new device comes out, whether it's a different manufacturer or an updated model.

If there is an 805 model coming soon, by the time it arrives, you'll be wondering about the G4 as that will be in the rumour mill. Next comes the G4 Prime, G5.....

If you want the device, buy it. You can always sell it if you really want the new version If and When.

The issue is that you're sacrificing performance to use that QHD display. To get the performance we're used to in a snapdragon 800/1080p setup, we need the Snapdragon 805 to get the same level of performance with a 2K display

I don't mind using a Korean model. I will wait for the 805 variant. There's supposedly some model numbers that have been leaked that suggest an 805 is coming. But you know how far mobile rumors are, so it could go either way. The 'S5 Prime' came out 2 months after the S5. I can wait 2 more months for the 805 variant of the G3

The issue is that you're sacrificing performance to use that QHD display. To get the performance we're used to in a snapdragon 800/1080p setup, we need the Snapdragon 805 to get the same level of performance with a 2K display

I don't mind using a Korean model. I will wait for the 805 variant. There's supposedly some model numbers that have been leaked that suggest an 805 is coming. But you know how far mobile rumors are, so it could go either way. The 'S5 Prime' came out 2 months after the S5. I can wait 2 more months

Well firstly, the Adreno 330 fully supports 2160p, it's being used in some UltraD TV's running at 4K. The Adreno 420 is going to offer improvements, but then so is the 808 and the 810...etc. That's the point, why not wait for the 64bit Snapdragon 810

The Galaxy F/S5 prime is still a rumour. There's still no official announcement, let alone a release date.

You could wait 2 months, but there are no guarantees that it will be available by then, if at all. Maybe you could wait 4 months. By then I could have sold my G3 and be ready to purchase the next big thing.

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
Well firstly, the Adreno 330 fully supports 2160p, it's being used in some UltraD TV's running at 4K. The Adreno 420 is going to offer improvements, but then so is the 808 and the 810...etc. That's the point, why not wait for the 64bit Snapdragon 810

The Galaxy F/S5 prime is still a rumour. There's still no official announcement, let alone a release date.

You could wait 2 months, but there are no guarantees that it will be available by then, if at all. Maybe you could wait 4 months. By then I could have sold my G3 and be ready to purchase the next big thing.

the S5 Prime is already released in Korea. it's using the Galaxy S5 LTE-A name. QHD screen, 3 GB ram, 805 snapdragon

the S5 Prime is already released in Korea. it's using the Galaxy S5 LTE-A name. QHD screen, 3 GB ram, 805 snapdragon

I didn't know the LTE-A was so much of an upgrade, and in all fairness that's not the rumoured Galaxy F/ Prime, which has different build materials. The LTE-A just looks like a 'rushed out of the door' job so they can say they released a QHD model at the same time as LG