[Q] Rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 Problem

Search This thread

the immunity

Feb 1, 2014
(I also posted this in general Q&A)

Hi.

I made an account just to post this because I honestly don't know where else to go. I'm new at rooting so please explain everything in simple terms.

I rooted my Verizon Galaxy S4 a few days ago and everything was great. I did a few soft mods with Xposed and Wanam and everything was still great. I thought I would wait until the weekend to do some custom ROM flashing and whatnot since I knew it was a time consuming process.... MAN was it a time consuming process. Mainly because I messed up my whole phone.

I installed Safestrap v3.71 (CWM Recovery wasn't compatible with my phone or something...?) and flashed Hyperdrive RLS13 to my MK2 build Verizon Galaxy S4 on ROM Slot 1. It worked great but I saw that all my free space in my internal memory was taken up because of my Stock ROM being too large. So I proceed to wipe data from the Stock ROM slot after backing it up and putting the backup on my computer. I factory reset the Stock ROM and hit reboot. I think the error occurred because I forgot to reselect the ROM Slot 1. Or maybe factory resetting like that isn't supposed to happen... I don't know.

But now my phone won't boot up all the way. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I tried booting into recovery but it just takes me to the stock recovery. Apparently Safestrap is unable to be booted into directly or something... so i tried to factory reset from there and it did.

Now my phone won't even go into recovery mode. If I try it will say "Recovery Booting" but the screen will go black and reboot again and get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen.

I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET and nothing directly applies to me or is simple enough for me to understand... I am currently downloading the NO-WIPE method stock ROM or something for what I think applies to me from http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2578209 so I can put that into Odin which I downloaded (but don't really know how to use) and it says it will take 3 hours to download. GREAT. More waiting. I would like something quicker if possible.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO???

Specs of my phone again:
Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-1545
Android 4.3
Build MK2
Kernel Mk2
(I'm not even sure what all that means but there it is)

ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BECAUSE I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Thank you. So. Very. Much.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Why? It belongs here.. Oh well.

the immunity;49967773 I installed Safestrap v3.71 (CWM Recovery wasn't compatible with my phone or something...?) and flashed Hyperdrive RLS13 to my MK2 build Verizon Galaxy S4 on ROM Slot 1. It worked great but I saw that all my free space in my internal memory was taken up because of my Stock ROM being too large. So I proceed to wipe data from the Stock ROM slot after backing it up and putting the backup on my computer. I factory reset the Stock ROM and hit reboot. I think the error occurred because I forgot to reselect the ROM Slot 1. Or maybe factory resetting like that isn't supposed to happen... I don't know. But now my phone won't boot up all the way. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I tried booting into recovery but it just takes me to the stock recovery. Apparently Safestrap is unable to be booted into directly or something... so i tried to factory reset from there and it did. Now my phone won't even go into recovery mode. If I try it will say "Recovery Booting" but the screen will go black and reboot again and get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET and nothing directly applies to me or is simple enough for me to understand... I am currently downloading the NO-WIPE method stock ROM or something for what I think applies to me from [url said:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2578209[/url] so I can put that into Odin which I downloaded (but don't really know how to use) and it says it will take 3 hours to download. GREAT. More waiting. I would like something quicker if possible.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO???

Specs of my phone again:
Android 4.3
Build MK2
Kernel Mk2

You're going to have to wait for the no-wipe ROM to load. Sorry, but there's not much else you can do.
Given that you're a newbie, I'd start with installing Samsung Kies and using that to recover, but that'll take hours as well.

Reactions: the immunity

the immunity

Feb 1, 2014

You're going to have to wait for the no-wipe ROM to load. Sorry, but there's not much else you can do.
Given that you're a newbie, I'd start with installing Samsung Kies and using that to recover, but that'll take hours as well.

Thanks man. I actually just got it to work. Do you know why this problem happened in the first place so I can avoid it next time?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Hi.

I made an account just to post this because I honestly don't know where else to go. I'm new at rooting so please explain everything in simple terms.

I rooted my Verizon Galaxy S4 a few days ago and everything was great. I did a few soft mods with Xposed and Wanam and everything was still great. I thought I would wait until the weekend to do some custom ROM flashing and whatnot since I knew it was a time consuming process.... MAN was it a time consuming process. Mainly because I messed up my whole phone.

I installed Safestrap v3.71 (CWM Recovery wasn't compatible with my phone or something...?) and flashed Hyperdrive RLS13 to my MK2 build Verizon Galaxy S4 on ROM Slot 1. It worked great but I saw that all my free space in my internal memory was taken up because of my Stock ROM being too large. So I proceed to wipe data from the Stock ROM slot after backing it up and putting the backup on my computer. I factory reset the Stock ROM and hit reboot. I think the error occurred because I forgot to reselect the ROM Slot 1. Or maybe factory resetting like that isn't supposed to happen... I don't know.

But now my phone won't boot up all the way. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I tried booting into recovery but it just takes me to the stock recovery. Apparently Safestrap is unable to be booted into directly or something... so i tried to factory reset from there and it did.

Now my phone won't even go into recovery mode. If I try it will say "Recovery Booting" but the screen will go black and reboot again and get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen.

I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET and nothing directly applies to me or is simple enough for me to understand... I am currently downloading the NO-WIPE method stock ROM or something for what I think applies to me from http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2578209 so I can put that into Odin which I downloaded (but don't really know how to use) and it says it will take 3 hours to download. GREAT. More waiting. I would like something quicker if possible.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO???

Specs of my phone again:
Android 4.3
Build MK2
Kernel Mk2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

Reactions: the immunity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

the immunity;49967773 I installed Safestrap v3.71 (CWM Recovery wasn't compatible with my phone or something...?) and flashed Hyperdrive RLS13 to my MK2 build Verizon Galaxy S4 on ROM Slot 1. It worked great but I saw that all my free space in my internal memory was taken up because of my Stock ROM being too large. So I proceed to wipe data from the Stock ROM slot after backing it up and putting the backup on my computer. I factory reset the Stock ROM and hit reboot. I think the error occurred because I forgot to reselect the ROM Slot 1. Or maybe factory resetting like that isn't supposed to happen... I don't know. But now my phone won't boot up all the way. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I tried booting into recovery but it just takes me to the stock recovery. Apparently Safestrap is unable to be booted into directly or something... so i tried to factory reset from there and it did. Now my phone won't even go into recovery mode. If I try it will say "Recovery Booting" but the screen will go black and reboot again and get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE ON THE INTERNET and nothing directly applies to me or is simple enough for me to understand... I am currently downloading the NO-WIPE method stock ROM or something for what I think applies to me from [url said:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2578209[/url] so I can put that into Odin which I downloaded (but don't really know how to use) and it says it will take 3 hours to download. GREAT. More waiting. I would like something quicker if possible.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO???

Specs of my phone again:
    Android 4.3
    Build MK2
    Kernel Mk2

Hi.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO???

Specs of my phone again:
    Android 4.3
    Build MK2
    Kernel Mk2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501